NameSilo

.net PokemonGo.net sold for 20,950 USD !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ComboNames

ComboNames.comEstablished Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
dunno much about pokemon.. and I Really don't wanna.
but what comes to mind here is maybe domain was owned and regged since way before this new game?

versus everyone starting to reg domains after this sheet exploded.

•••
dunno much about pokemon.. and I Really don't wanna.
but what comes to mind here is maybe domain was owned and regged since way before this new game?

versus everyone starting to reg domains after this sheet exploded.
I guess the domain was first registered on 2011 , while the Pokemon game released on 1996 !?

•••
Lol. Someone threw 20k, i wonder how long until we read about UDRP.

•••
Lol. Someone threw 20k, i wonder how long until we read about UDRP.

like I said, u just do not know if that someone is not an entity that does not need to worry about pokemon tm. we all know there are entities like that around. heh.

•••
•••
Guess we will have to wait and see what happens next.

•••
but this domain not get traffic after this games popularity down.

•••
Does kinda suck when you stick to the rules, and others don't, but they still massively capitalize on something.

•••
Wow I guess this is one of those rare occasions where the TM owner doesn't give a crap and would rather drop $20k and buy the domain then worry about a drawn out legal battle and paying attorneys and all of that..... or whatever the reason, I'm sure it made business sense for them to do it this way.

•••
Wow I guess this is one of those rare occasions where the TM owner doesn't give a crap and would rather drop $20k and buy the domain then worry about a drawn out legal battle and paying attorneys and all of that..... or whatever the reason, I'm sure it made business sense for them to do it this way.
Probably is I do know of a couple companies in the past that have thrown a few hundos my way for some highly keyword relevant domains to make things easier.

•••
Faster alternative to a law suit by the time it would have been acquired the rage is all over.

•••
I think we need to wait and see what happens next :)

•••
Might not have been them buying it.

•••
Does kinda suck when you stick to the rules, and others don't, but they still massively capitalize on something.
I know that feeling my friend :(

•••
Is it possible that Nintendo bought the domain?

•••
•••
"Rules" does not apply to everybody. And it's been like this since the birth of the world.

•••
downloaded this game today there are people running around NYC in parks looking for characters to catch. the game is amazing!

•••
•••
And my friend owns Pokemongo.in which is a completely developed site.
Any views on this ?

•••
How is this not affected by Trademark? Did I miss something?

•••
I guess trademark only becomes an issue if a UDRP is filed?

•••
Maybe the owner thought of acquiring PokeMongo and not PokemonGo. Does anyone know about buying registering domain with that difference in mind?

•••
I bought 'poke' domains in July, there were a lot of people too late to do that and they are now interested in buying them from me. I sold my only 'pokemon' (TM) this week to a big media company. So I guess they are not afraid of nintendo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back