domain Portfolio of 3d Printing Related Domains, 3dWholesalers.com

Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
I have recently become interested in 3d printing related domains and even though I have started a little late, but have managed to create a small portfolio in this niche that relates to actual products that are already in the market or will be soon.

There are a good number of search results related to some of these domains (you can check out " 3d printed guitar " or " 3d Dresses " on the search engines to see that there really are such products) . Although a lot of the 3d printed products are currently about smaller artworks and decorative objects, but supposedly in a few years there can even be 3d printed homes and cars.

do you all see any domains in my list that stand out as far as resale or development potentials. Thanks in advance for your constructive opinions, Ojohn

PS: I heard that 3dParts dot com recently sold for around 30k

Here are my domains (list updated):

3dEar.com
3dDices.com
3dFlutes.com
3dVases.com
3dCandles.com
3dDresses.com
3dNecklaces.com
3dCorvette.com
3dPartsForLess.com
3dPartsExpress.com
3dAutomotives.com
3dCakeDecorations.com
3dChocolateCandy.com
3dBirthdayCakes.com
3dWeddingCakes.com
3dGoldJewelry.com
3dCostumeJewelry.com
3dArchitecturalModels.com

3dFabbed.com
3dFabricated.com
3dWholesalers.com
3dPrinter4Less.com
3dPrintingToGo.com
3dPrinterDriver.com
3dDropshipping.com
3dPrintingWare.com
3dModelingWare.com
3dSupercenter.com
3dSupercentre.com
3dFreewares.com
3dModelingPros.com
3dDigitalModeling.com
3dPrintingWholesalers.com

3dPrintedArtworks.com
3dPrintedBikes.com
3dPrintedBicycles.com
3dPrintedBikini.com
3dPrintedBra.com
3dPrintedBracelet.com
3dPrintedBuildings.com
3dPrintedCandy.com
3dPrintedCeramics.com
3dPrintedDolls.com
3dPrintedEngines.com
3dPrintedFlowers.com
3dPrintedFoods.com
3dPrintedGuitar.com
3dPrintedHandgun.com
3dPrintedHandguns .com
3dPrintedHeads.com
3dPrintedMotorcycle.com
3dPrintedMotorcycles.com
3dPrintedPlane.com
3dPrintedPlanes.com
3dPrintedRing.com
3dPrintedRobots.com
3dPrintedRobotics.com
3DPrintedPharma.com
3dPrintedPharmaceuticals.com
3dPrintedRoses.com
3dPrintedVehicle.com
3dPrintedWeddingRings.com
3dPrintedNecklace.com
3dPrintedNecklaces.com
3dPrintedVases.com
3dPrintedDentures.com
3dPrintedLamps.com
3dPrintedLighting.com
3dPrintedWatches.com
3dPrintedPens.com
3dPrintedCandles.com
3dPrintedChairs.com
3dPrintedCake.com
3dPrintedCakeDecorations.com
3dPrintedReplacementParts.com

3d-RE.com
3d-RealEstate.com
Cars-3d.com
Homes-3d.com
Free3dWare.com

PS: all currently available for sale.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The double .COM takes a little getting used to, but other than that I like it! :)

•••
The double .COM takes a little getting used to, but other than that I like it! :)
Re: 3dWholesalers.com.com in the title

That was just a typo, its now fixed.

Any more appraisals for these domains.

I value all CONSTRUCTIVE opinions, I promise. :)

•••
I think you got a great portfolio going on! most of these domains are in the mid XX if you ask me some should be around XXX.
can you give me the prices for
3dprintedroses.com
3dwholesalers.com
3dprintingwholesalers.com
3dprintedartworks.com
3dprintedbuildings.com
3dprintedrobots.com

•••
I think you got a great portfolio going on! most of these domains are in the mid XX if you ask me some should be around XXX.
can you give me the prices for
3dprintedroses.com
3dwholesalers.com
3dprintingwholesalers.com
3dprintedartworks.com
3dprintedbuildings.com
3dprintedrobots.com
I don't have a BIN set for these domains since I am hoping to get some good offers once the 3d printing becomes more popular, right now there are only a small group of people who are doing acctual 3d printing projects, but in couple of years it might become more mainstream.

Although I am looking for end-user offers, but you are welcomed to PM your offer on the ones that you like, but please realize that I am not trying to sell these at wholesale prices and am willing to wait till their full potentials are realized in couple of years.

Right now I am just interested to know which ones stand out from my list as far as development or future end-user potentials.

•••
I am not a fan of 3dPrintedOBJECT.com Because the point is you can do these things with the machine, the objects nature (dish, flower, guitar) can be changed in an instant.

This is not a new concept I always known it as rapid prototyping,

3dParts dot com a bad ass name because it was the whole purpose of rapid prototyping, To take technical drawings and push a button and get the 3d part in your hand in a relatively quick time. Then you can hold the part up to an engine and see how it fits and test aerodynamics, inside fluid flow.. If you had to wait for the part to be sculpted by hand then cast to metal it would hold up planing. I guess people are playing with these types of machines now and making flowers. Used to be only big companys used them.

The edibles ones are interesting because they can be custom wedding cake decorations, birthday candy etc

3dChocolateCandy.com
3dPrintedFoods.com
3dPrintedCandy.com

The others are $0 to me. Goodluck

•••
The edibles ones are interesting because they can be custom wedding cake decorations, birthday candy etc

3dChocolateCandy.com
3dPrintedFoods.com
3dPrintedCandy.com

The others are $0 to me. Goodluck
Thanks for your opinion,

I'll be happy if a few of these domains hit it big in the near future, right now its hard to know what will be popular, but as far as the ease of printing is concerned costume jewelry and small decorative items are currently being made more than others, but you are right about 3d printed candy, there is going to be a big market for those in the near future.

Check out Shapeways dot com to see some interesting objects that are being printed right now.

•••
I'm inclined to agree with Johname, except for his exception for the edibles. Perhaps if you were the software or patterns,these might all have value. If everyone has one of these printers,the products would be something they make at home rather than buy.
But they will need the sofware or designs,and those can be sold.
For products again, even if the printers are not household items, the fact that a product is printed is not a sales point. Handmade is a sales point.
Case in point. Leather goods are often sold with a design on them made by a laser etcher that carves out patterns according to the software. Laser etched leather is not a term used to sell these.
The whole point of 3d printing is that people won't need to buy products when they can just make them. But the software and designs may be another story.

•••
I'm inclined to agree with Johname, except for his exception for the edibles. Perhaps if you were the software or patterns,these might all have value. If everyone has one of these printers,the products would be something they make at home rather than buy.
But they will need the sofware or designs,and those can be sold.
For products again, even if the printers are not household items, the fact that a product is printed is not a sales point. Handmade is a sales point.
Case in point. Leather goods are often sold with a design on them made by a laser etcher that carves out patterns according to the software. Laser etched leather is not a term used to sell these.
The whole point of 3d printing is that people won't need to buy products when they can just make them. But the software and designs may be another story.

Thanks for your opinion,

I agree with you that 3d software and modeling are going to be a big part of this technology, although it seems like the 3d wholesalers like Shapeways dot com are more of a trend now where they take care of every step for you and after they print your items you can sell them to others. There is an artistic element involved in this that makes some items more attractive than others. So if you have made a bunch of 3d Necklaces then you might be interested to buy 3dNecklaces.com or 3dPrintedNecklaces.com to use for your website.

Of course this is all speculation, but if there is a 3d printed product then its matching domain should be of some value, 3d printing is a new technology with huge applications and anyone who is involved in it would probably want to emphasize on the fact that their product was made through 3d printing process in contrast to leather etching which is not something that most people can get exited about. IMO

PS: I do agree with Johname about foods and edibles being of interest when it comes to 3d printing, and that’s why I went ahead and registered 3dCakeDecorations.com .

Last edited:
•••
People aren't exited about laser etching because it's a manufacturing process, like 3d printing. People like products, don't care for mass production except in that it makes stuff cheaper, and will pay more for a quality hand-made product over a machine made product almost every time.

There may be a phase when people will be curious enough to want to buy a 3dproduct, but I don't think so. And even if there is, it will last a few months a best. We take new technologies for granted very quickly these days.

The point I'm making is what makes 3d printing so appealing. We can print our own products - so why on earth would we pay someone to buy a product they've printed? If you like someone's necklace that they printed themselves, why not just copy it and print it yourself?

What exactly is the appeal for anyone to buy a 3d printed anything?

I think 3d printing is huge, but in my opinion, you're missing the point of it. I think that none of those products will ever be marketable. It would be like trying to sell a DVD copying service for those people who can't do it themselves. There's probably a market, but it's tiny and disappearing.

•••
Why don't you just go and buy 3DEverything(.)com!
The amount of $$$ you wasted on all of these you could have picked yourself up a decent name right here on NP.
Forget this niche IMO.
However, I with you the best of luck nonetheless.

•••
I would get rid of these names

These are the best of the bunch but I still think you will struggle to sell them

3dCandles.com
3dNecklaces.com
3dAutomotives.com
3dWholesalers.com

•••
Thanks for everyone's opinion,

Now that I have these domains I am going to keep them till renewals come up and then I'll decide how many of them should be dropped. (if any :) ) That will give me some time to research the potentials of these domains some more.

PS: what makes 3d printing so appealing is the fact that people can actually be involved in the manufacturing process themselves as far as designing and personalizing the items that they want, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to know how to use a 3d printer themselves, so they will probably use a 3d wholesaler and there will probably be a secondary market for the more attractive and collectable items. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Here's a 3d Food "printer"

images

I would drop all of them.

When you say "even though I have started a little late" you've already set the stage for denial.

•••
Your Portfolio of 3d Printing Related com Domains, think these are huge demanded to 3d markers but not perfect for domaining! You can wait for "end user" hopping you will get good price from them..Good luck 3D...

•••
I would drop all of them.

When you say "even though I have started a little late" you've already set the stage for denial.
I was hoping you wouldn't see this thread. :)

Last edited:
•••
Forgive me for hijacking this thread, I am very new to all this. I too have a small portfolio of 3D Printing domains. Can I add them here for review or is that considered bad form and I should start a new thread. I think they are interesting in the context of this thread.

Cheers

•••
Forgive me for hijacking this thread, I am very new to all this. I too have a small portfolio of 3D Printing domains. Can I add them here for review or is that considered bad form and I should start a new thread. I think they are interesting in the context of this thread.

Cheers
Start your own thread - don't worry, people will see it.

•••

Cheers
Each member of the forum is required to start his or her own appraisal thread. (there are no shared appraisal threads), but if you see a thread titled:

"discussion and showcase for 3d Printing Related Domains"

Then you can post your domains in that thread and give your opinion or provide news articles and recent domain sales for others to see and discuss.

Last edited:
•••
Why don't you just go and buy 3DEverything(.)com!

Well I actually do some research and I make sure to register domains that are related to actual products and services with decent number of search results (for the corresponding terms in quotes).

Thanks for the suggestion, added these two to my portfolio:

3dBirthdayCakes.com
3dWeddingCakes.com

•••
hey all

Dont worry about search results with these types of names, this is new technology and is not mainstream yet, so there will be minimal search results

Rather try and predict what will be big and use these terms in Google alerts, that will show you how many times these phrases are indexed by google and it will give you an idea on how often articles are being written about the technology, this applies all future tech names and this is what I was doing with cloud and solar names about 6 or 7 years ago, it has paid off well for me, especially cloud names...

good luck

•••
Rather try and predict what will be big and use these terms in Google alerts, that will show you how many times these phrases are indexed by google and it will give you an idea on how often articles are being written about the technology,

I do a search on google news for the term " 3d Printing " with quotes and I read some of the actual articles about this technology, but for actual products that are being made right now I check Shapeways dot com and I also get some ideas from google auto suggestion feature when doing a search.

For example I do a search for " 3d Printing a " and google shows all the products that start with the letter a in the auto suggestion drop down, then I do the same for all the other letters in the alphabet to find out all the other 3d printed products that google has indexed.

•••
Of course this is a gamble based on whether 3d printing becomes big or not- and I think it will.

Some of these I think have the potential to be very valuable. But you should maybe consider dropping the weak ones to pay for the renewal fees of the stronger ones. You're just going to have to keep track of how much it costs to renew these over the years and then make sure you sell at a profit.

There's definitely potential here... I mean look at 3dPrinterDriver.com for example... If 3d printing gets to the stage where they are a common household item (I think this is definitely going to happen) and 3d printers need a driver, then imagine how many searches will start showing up for the exact phrase "3d printer driver".. you could see a TON of traffic. If I was you I would start the site now, get it indexed, get some good content up and link to the 3d drivers that are currently available. That way when the searches start coming in, you will already be ranked well with the search engines.

•••
Park all of them, see which one can, at least, recoup its reg fee ... and only keep those. Right now, you're basically loosing money.

It's really hard right now to make any money with newly registered domains, because all the good ones are already taken.

•••
I like some of your '3Dprinted...' domains eg. foods, buildings, candy etc. I sold Printedfood.com 2 weeks ago for $2.5k and still own 3Dprintedfood.com and 3Dfoodprinting.com and it is said food printing is potentially the killer app of 3DP although I'm reckoning drug printing could end up winning that crown. 3DprintingToGo.com might also hold you in good stead at some point too..

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

@Giles.

Can I be nosy and ask how many 'Cloud' related domains you've sold to date?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back