Dynadot

Predict COM lovers arguments after Alphabet's ABC.XYZ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

asset.domains

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,

could you predict .com fan's arguments after the 10.08.2015 ? after the number 1 world company got .XYZ domain name ? what would they say ? i'm talking about true com fans and not those who are sitting on two chairs :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nobody spoke good enough German to negotiate a deal for Alphabet.com

•••
Yeah... The arguments have always been the same. It was the same for .CO not many years back and people continue to make $$$ on those speculations. There are dollars to be made on speculating on these domains (and it NOT only the registrars that are making the $$$). Let the money be the judge of what is write and what is wrong.

Dollars and cents aside... I dont understand the big hoopla over this Google .XYZ domain.
Google already owns a handful of their own extensions and are bringing more out in the coming months.
Ok...so Google has an .XYZ domain name.
We already know they support the nTLD extensions (by proxy of them owning their own set of extensions with more on the way).
They already stated that the nTLDs will not be treated any differently then gTLDs.

There is nothing here is that is BIG news, so I am left to wonder why people are making much fuss out of the use of one extension for one domain name???

Dont mean to hijack the thread... Just don't understand the onslaught of questioning the value of nTLDs because of one domain.
As I said before... money will be made and lost on these new extensions, just like money was made and lost on the original gTLD extensions (dot bomb bubble).

There are ebbs and flows.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

•••
.xyz is gonna be a great extension so far the top search engine provider has invested in it. This really reveals the potentials there in

•••
My best argument: my .com (and ccTLD) sales.

On the other hand, those who invested in .xyz or other new extensions will struggle to make sales. I have seen some portfolios too, made almost exclusively of new extensions, full of tasteless domains. Good luck with that business plan.
The fact that Google bought ABC.XYZ for their holding company won't change a thing to their bottom line.

It's easy to gloat about the future and how smart you are, but what about demonstrating your domaining skills in the present ? :)

•••
•••
I like a lot of the new tlds and I still think .xyz stinks.

•••
Abc.xyz fits a company named Alphabet. Unfortunately .xyz doesn't make much sense in any other case.

•••
Nobody spoke good enough German to negotiate a deal for Alphabet.com

I lol'd

Again, they only got it because it matches the extension. Its all about the extension, people on here will realize that soon enough. It's no longer just COM, you can now choose from a variety of industry extensions and many have already made a name for themselves, excluding xyz because it is not an industry extension, it's a consumer extension with little value unless you own a translation company, own a linguistic company, own a company somewhat related to data, search engines and semantics.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back