Domain Empire

discuss Proxy Bid rules

Spaceship
Watch
I am new to domaining but I have bought a few domains in after market auctions over more than 10 years, and I never understood one Auction feature. I might be wrong in thinking this is not a fair feature and just wanted to know all your opinion on it.

Why am I not allowed to change my Max bid when that Max is hasn't even kicked in.

I drove up the price of auctions 2 Auctions by a way more I was willing to pay. of course the second bidder was willing to pay as high, but still he could have won them at a a fair price if I was allowed to change my Max Bid.

It happened twice with me specially when someone is trying to snipe you and you press the key soon.

A bid that is $5 or the increment should be binding, but on a bid going on at 100, why should 10000 be binding since the last bid was 100. I should be allowed to reduce my max bid to 105 or 110..

Obviously it drives up the price artificially for the second bidder and it males business sense for the Auctioneer, but I felt this was unnecessary and unfair. Maybe I am wrong, please tell me if this hasn't happened to you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The proxy bid is optional , if you feel it is unnecessary or unfair , then dont use it , simple . do it manual .

•••
The proxy bid is optional , if you feel it is unnecessary or unfair , then dont use it , simple . do it manual .

Nobody is saying it is not optional. I am talking about entering a wrong 0 by mistake during in a heated last minute auction. It happened to me twice already. What is wrong in changing a proxy bid from 10000 to 1000 if thr current bid is 500. That is my question. It is not a big deal to change it programatically.

•••
The proxy bid is optional

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back