Domain Empire

Question

Spaceship
Watch
I am a new webdesigner and my first, (and only :(), client has totally renegged on our "verbal" agreement.
I own his domain name mudscuppers.com, it is a tatoo shop.
I told him i would turn over all my files and everything i have plus transfer the domain name to him for 600 bucks.
I am the one that paid for his hosting and registering the name and paid for the mailform service, that all totalled about 101 dollars, the rest of the money is for my time.
Of course he said no.
Any ideas, comments, suggestions on what to do now, if anything??? :lol:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Verbal" agreement? Other than being an ass, you can't really hold him for anything if its not written down.

•••
The domain is good collateral to get reimbursed if he actually values it. However, if he has a trademark, he may have rights to it anyway. On the other hand, the $600 is cheaper than filing a UDRP against you, which is a point you may need to know in the future.

If he doesn't value the name, you have an oral contract which is hard to prove. However, you could take it to small claims court and hope a judge believes a web designer over a tattoo artist based on your receipts for purchase and any proof you did work for him.

Good luck.

•••
I own his domain name mudscuppers.com, it is a tatoo shop.

How about trying to sell the name to other tattoo shops?

Other than that, just chalk it up to experience, learn from it, and move on…
unless you’re still willing to try to sue and make a claim.

•••
Thanks for the input guys :) That is the last time I do anything without having it all on paper first, friend or not :(

•••
mudscuppers.com? No offense, but I don't think you are going to get any profit on that domain.

•••
stevegarbz said:
mudscuppers.com? No offense, but I don't think you are going to get any profit on that domain.
LOL nope none what so ever lol :tri:

•••
lol, I can't even make sense of the name.

•••
davezan said:
How about trying to sell the name to other tattoo shops?

Other than that, just chalk it up to experience, learn from it, and move on…
unless you’re still willing to try to sue and make a claim.
Actually, that's a good idea, it first off gets the possible trademark infringer out of your hands, and, you could offer it as a domain already related to tattooing, and possibly get some $$ out of it. :)

•••
The trouble is finding someone to buy it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back