IT.COM

Rackshack domain regs

Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone registered a name from Rackshack?
How much did it actually cost (how much was the 'tax')?
Are there free pushes?
Overall how was the service?
Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's $5.41 after tax. Good service, free pushes.

This deal cannot be beat. Rackshack is taking a loss on every domain they register just to get their name out there! Go ahead and take advantage of it. They want you to. :)

Duke shared his experience over here
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5464

•••
I'm up to about 40 domains with them now and nothing has changed my mind. Awesome deal. I've even grown to like the OpenSRS interface that I never cared for before. It's easy to set up another account to move a domain to your buyers. I got a feeling this deal won't last that long though - it has to be part of a promotional drive that they won't be able to sustain forever (unless they pile up so many new hosting customers from among the new domain buyers to offset the registration losses).

•••
If I recall, they were paying $20 a click on Overture at one time. Taking a couple dollar hit on a domain registration to build customer awareness seems like a much better deal to me. :)

I'm suprised that they don't have a limit though. Some resellers do thousands of domain names and could easily set them back some dough. Guess they can afford it.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
If I recall, they were paying $20 a click on Overture at one time. Taking a couple dollar hit on a domain registration to build customer awareness seems like a much better deal to me. :)

I'm suprised that they don't have a limit though. Some resellers do thousands of domain names and could easily set them back some dough. Guess they can afford it.

Seems like an excellent business decision considering their business model...especially considering the payout for new hosting referrals paid by other hosting companies at cj and other affiliate sites.

I used 000domains extensively in the past and have always liked the interface at manage.opensrs.net (tucows) - easy transfers, easy changes across all domains,...etc.

•••
reseller

are there anything like reseller plans?

•••
Re: reseller

Originally posted by Webtwink
are there anything like reseller plans?

I asked one of their support people this today and was told they don't have any "at this time." Maybe in the future, though.

•••
Originally posted by DuffMan
I asked one of their support people this today and was told they don't have any "at this time." Maybe in the future, though.

Thanks for providing that info, DuffMan.
Welcome to Namepros. :)

•••
Whats do you get locked into hosting in any way? Even for a short period?

•••
I'd say no way they're going to offer a reseller program. If the purpose is to get their name out there and take a loss, why would they ever let someone else take the credit? It would be awesome, but my hopes aren't up to ever see it.

•••
I heard from my friends that the interface they use is tedious, especially for domain resellers with a lot of domain names.

•••
Originally posted by jj2ii3344
I heard from my friends that the interface they use is tedious, especially for domain resellers with a lot of domain names.

It's not so bad. They make it easy to make global changes to all domains and it's easy to browse through your domains, and fairly easy to do ownership transfers.

There are a lot worse interfaces for resellers (Netsol, Dotster, Dotregister, and lots of others come to mind). eNom's interface is better, but for $5.41 it may be worth the tradeoff.

•••
Thanks RJ! Do you know if it would be similiar to godaddy when transferring the ownership of a domain name?

•••
It's different, and easier.

You click 'Change Ownership', enter a username and password, and a new account is created with the domain in it.

•••
Thanks RJ!
I just registered a domain with them yesterday, seems good to me too for the price!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back