NameSilo

.tv Re-negotiating a premium renewal...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Coopey

Member of the YearVIP Member
Impact
I got a premium name, with a sizeable renewal fee, up for renewal in 10 days.
I can't really justify paying the price, but know I'd be unliekly to re-catch it on the drop (it's back ordered at name.com, for example).

Has any one had any luck renegotiating a premium renewal price with eNom in light of last year's price restructuring?
Any tips?
Any idea who best to contact nowadays?

It's my only premium name (of the three I had I dropped one and the other seemed to revert to standard pricing with no input from me) so I'm aware I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here (I also only have 3/50-ish .tv names at eNom).

Transferring all names to eNom and paying a little extra per name for renewal but less overall is something I suppose I could offer for a reduced price. Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got a premium name, with a sizeable renewal fee, up for renewal in 10 days.
I can't really justify paying the price, but know I'd be unliekly to re-catch it on the drop (it's back ordered at name.com, for example).

Has any one had any luck renegotiating a premium renewal price with eNom in light of last year's price restructuring?
Any tips?
Any idea who best to contact nowadays?

It's my only premium name (of the three I had I dropped one and the other seemed to revert to standard pricing with no input from me) so I'm aware I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here (I also only have 3/50-ish .tv names at eNom).

Transferring all names to eNom and paying a little extra per name for renewal but less overall is something I suppose I could offer for a reduced price. Any thoughts?

Verisign sets the pricing.

I'm not sure Enom can do anything but negotiate on your behalf with Verisign and I don't see why it is in their interest to do.

I could be wrong. You could ask.. tell them you have many names. You could try talking to someone at Verisign about it...

Good luck. Premium renewals are a pita. Most names aren't worth it with steep renewals - many of the best names, it turns out, have negotiated lower prices....

Good luck.

•••
Hello Sid,nice to see you here. I don't think you will have much success getting this done. They have not been open to change the premium renewal. Do you want the one time premium ? I would post and offer some money to see if the back order holder would sell.

•••
In my experience they will not negotiate.

I think I paid 3 years on England.tv at 5k a year and I tried to negotiate and they said no. I let it drop and then they offered it to Jim for 10k.
Im still bewildered to this day why they would not offer it to the original holder who had already paid 15k over the 3 years.. Disgraceful IMO.

I also had the same with forsale.tv at 3.5k a year for 3 years. I let it drop hoping I could get it back and it was sold for about 2.5k on back-order..

Even holding back on my thoughts on the ethics of their business practice, I still cannot fathom why they wouldn't take a deal of say 3 years of the premium reg fee instead of selling it for 60% of the yearly fee when it drops.

Best of luck, check on name.com to see if its on back-order, if not post on the forum asking if the person who has back ordered to make a deal with you. Other than that I guess you will have to pay up or take the loss mate.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

BTW.. There is another company about to offer backorders, so this will make things interesting! Its still a couple months away but they seem to have all their proper credentials now..

•••
Thanks for the input everyone. +Rep all around (except for those vBulletin deems me "too fond" of you).
Pretty much what I was expecting to be said- although I did have my fingers crossed that someone would pop in and say "Yeah, phone XXX and ask, they let me pay 3x premium price and moved it on to standard". It looks like it's not meant to be.

The england.tv is ridiculous- especially offering at only 2x premium renewal.

I'm going to ask anyway as it's not going to hurt.

Can anyone suggest a good contact?

•••
Because I was bored... I had a long chat with Verisign support who told me basically that they cannot discuss any pricing details with domain holders, only registrars... lol. (You don't have one do you?)

Anyway - will PM the transcript for your viewing pleasure with a suggestion in a few.

I need to get a life...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back