[REQ - LOGO & ICON] for educational site - $50 prize Paypal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo & Icon Design

Prize : $50

Contest End Date & Time : 9 April 2011, 8pm GMT

Size Requirements : It needs to fit into my current header (but I can resize it in Photoshop if needed, I suppose)

Color Requirements : Bluish/Whitish. The current design of my site uses a blue and white template so I would like something to match that.

My site is: http://www.practiceteaching.com

General Requirements : I would like a design with the words Practice Teaching in it and also to include the slogan 'best practice in the classroom'.

It needs to look clean, corporate, educational and credible to my students/customers.

I would like an icon to the left of the words. Also I would like a separate icon designed (same as the one in the logo, so I can put it separately on the site if I want).

My current header has 3 photographs on it so the logo and icon would need to be clearly visible over the photos.

I'm thinking a geometric shape could be used in the icon but I am willing to consider other ideas.

The site is about teaching English as a Second Language/teacher training.

Additional Information :
See current header and logo: http://www.practiceteaching.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
here is my entry....
feedback will be appreciated...

23idkqc.png

:)

•••
I quite like it, though I would like to see a more geometric shape as a logo, I think the icon here looks a bit like clip art.

Thanks

•••
I quite like it, though I would like to see a more geometric shape as a logo, I think the icon here looks a bit like clip art.

it's original from me , no clip art. Here another try

5587691597_d20706c08f_b.jpg

feedback will be great thanks

•••
I like the geometric style more, it seem more corporate. However it looks like the arm is deformed - like it is stretching unnaturally. It comes out of a normal looking shoulder and twists round. Can you rework it so the arm is not 'warped'?

I like the blue and white colours on the icon.

Thanks for your efforts!

Steve

•••
•••
Can you make the book white and change 'practise' to 'practice' (I want the noun not the verb). Also, I was hoping for a geometric icon as I want to use that one different parts of the site.

Thanks

•••
Re-created as per guidance
pt-4.png

Feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
•••
Can you change the font, please? I prefer the font on the designs by Dlight.I like the colours you have used on the icon and I like the shape, Soheil. I think the man looks like he is a projectionist, though. I DO like the use of the globe shape/globe design because my students can teach around the globe.

Maybe have a globe shaped icon but without the 'projectionist' figure?

Thanks, guys.

Steve

•••
•••
I like it, Soheil.

Can you make the font and colour like the ones done by Dlight? I think his letters look more Web 2.0.

And can you show me the lettering in 3 or 4 different colours e.g. white? blue? I like the globe icon, just work on the 'Practice Teaching' and 'Best Practice in the classroom' element.

Also, can you show one of those examples with the letters lined up more vertically so that the first letters (P, T, B) are more directly lined up - i.e. the T and B are more directly under the P?

Thanks,

Steve

•••
•••
I like them, Gooddesigner. The globe is nice.

Can you do a few versions with just PT (not PTB)? I like the pen swoosh around the globe. Can you make the font rounder?

Also can you do a globe with lines on it and with a hat? I quite like the ones with the highlighted letter colours i.e. the 'i's joined. And the ones with the P and T highlighted in a different colour are good, too.

Also, 'classroom' should be one word.

Thanks!!

Steve

•••
thanx for feedback.. here is revized entry with rounded font

practice%20teaching.jpg

Last edited:
•••
PractiseTeach-2a.png

PractiseTeach-2b.png

Last edited:
•••
Really nice, Soheil. My favourites are the 3rd one and the last one. Can you do those two in a few different fonts? Looking good! Thanks so much.

Steve

•••
Really nice, Soheil. My favourites are the 3rd one and the last one. Can you do those two in a few different fonts? Looking good! Thanks so much.

Steve

Thank you Stevie. Just to be clear... from the Horizontal set you like the 3rd and from the Vertical set you also like the 3rd?

---EDIT---

New font #1:
PractiseTeach3.png

New font #2:
PractiseTeach4.png

Last edited:
•••
practiceteaching1.jpg

Thanks!
Feedback appreciated!

•••
Removed

Last edited:
•••
Nguyen, thanks for your designs. I was hoping for something more blue in colour (see my original request).

Kirmis,

Thanks for your entry. I can't really see what the icon is. Is it a cloud?

Soheil, I like them a lot. Yes, I meant the third in each set. But stay with what you have done. They are what I am looking for.

•••
I wanted to represent brains, not cloud. :D

•••
Soheil, can you do a few versions with the letters in black and white? I mean the words 'Practice Teaching' in white and 'best practice in the classroom' in black? And a version with 'Practice Teaching' in black and 'best practice in the classroom' in white?

Thanks

Steve

•••
•••
Thanks for all your entries. I am choosing Soheil as the winner. Much obliged to everyone who took part and it was hard to choose from so many good designs.

Soheil, I will PM you.

Thanks everyone,

Steve

•••
Congrats on the win Soheil
------------------------------------------
Please remember to update the thread once you both confirm files / payment so we can close the contest. Thanks.

Eric Lyon
NamePros Team

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back