IT.COM

Reseller or multiple??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
reseller or multiple domains

a web offers :multiple domain hosting & resellers

the reseller a/c is cheaper.
so the question:

is there a difference between a reseller hosting account and a hosting that allows multiple domains?

in terms of management of domains(cpanel/whm), are there differents functions?

i hope i clearD-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes there is. Multiple domains means unlimited add-on domains plus Cpanel, whereas reseller means unlimited add-on domains plus Cpanel plus WHM, which will enable you to create numerous Cpanel accounts. I like the reseller option because I usually create one Cpanel account per developed domain. That works better when you install software eg. through Fantastico. And of course, sometimes I give small accounts to friends and family members.

•••
I agree with maximus, go for a reseller account.. :)

•••
thanks! great answer. I was only questioning because the reseller is "cheaper"!!

•••
Originally posted by redhippo
thanks! great answer. I was only questioning because the reseller is "cheaper"!!

Reseller accounts are more expensive everywhere I look, as they take up more server resources, and require more support. Are you sure this hosting company knows what its doing?

•••
Usually I see that non-reseller accounts are more expensive as they offer slightly more bandwidth. Reseller accounts are cheaper for the same space and lower bandwidth.

•••
Reseller, just offers you WHM

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Reseller accounts are more expensive everywhere I look, as they take up more server resources, and require more support. Are you sure this hosting company knows what its doing?
Originally posted by drmaximus
Usually I see that non-reseller accounts are more expensive as they offer slightly more bandwidth. Reseller accounts are cheaper for the same space and lower bandwidth.

hmmmmm? is it cheaper or what? who is right? armstrong or the dr:tri:

meaybe the hosting experts can tell me more!!;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back