NameSilo

Review CrackedMeUp.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hello everyone, looking for some reviews for http://www.crackedmeup.com

Didn't really think I had the time to work on this domain but got caught up in it yesterday and put something together. Let me know what you think. Experience will probably will be better on desktop as I still haven't gottent to making the logo responsive on mobile phones which may widen the screen resolution a bit.

Have a browse and check out our memes and videos.

Let me know what you think. Potential here?

Regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm guessing you go made the logo with http://www.flamingtext.com/ ?

It is not a bad looking site, you clearly put some effort into it. From experience, I don't think your site will gain any traction in the SERPS.

A few questions to think about...

What keywords are you targeting?
How many searches are there for those keywords?
What shows up in the search results for those keywords?
Is your site better than what shows up in the searches?

Last edited:
•••
I'm guessing you go made the logo with http://www.flamingtext.com/ ?

It is not a bad looking site, you clearly put some effort into it. From experience, I don't think your site will gain any traction in the SERPS.

A few questions to think about...

What keywords are you targeting?
How many searches are there for those keywords?
What shows up in the search results for those keywords?
Is your site better than what shows up in the searches?

Hi, yes I made the logo with flamingtext. I understand what you're saying and know it's a competitive niche. For me the reason I set it up was because I like the domain name and I had to have something up on it to establish a concept. I believe most popular humor sites like 9gag etc are not keyword intense but simply have their following and SERP positions due to their high authority in their niches with huge backlinks etc. I was more lookibg toward possibly engaging a slow but steady audience who could maybe contribite and let things go from there. Is there a reason you don't think it will gain traction? Do you mean hecause the content is thin or becaise of the competition? And what are your suggestions?

Regards

•••
Is there a reason you don't think it will gain traction? Do you mean hecause the content is thin or becaise of the competition? And what are your suggestions?

Regards

I simply don't think that site will ever show up in the search results for any keywords. I have been down that road. 9gag clones are all over the place and not making money.

I would suggest finding a niche that you know has decent search numbers and make a better site than what currently shows up.

I don't think you have a bad site, I just think you are spinning your wheels and the time could be better spent.

Last edited:
•••
Yea
I simply don't think that site will ever show up in the search results for any keywords. I have been down that road. 9gag clones are all over the place and not making money.

I would suggest finding a niche that you know has decent search numbers and make a better site than what currently shows up.

I don't think you have a bad site, I just think you are spinning you wheels and the time could be better spent.

I'm giving away a niche here, a new site I made is http://riddles.fyi/

"Riddles and answers" has good search numbers, that is what I am going for and hopefully just the keyword "riddles". The competition has set the bar low, so it should not take much.

Yea, I get you, I don;t have much time beyond this atm to invest into anything deeper or more targeted unfortunately. Right now this is how I look at it, any traffic at all would be good. The site can be used simply for backlinks to my other sites even though it itself has no authority it would not hurt. Flipping the site is always an option in the near future. Further development/rebranding is also an option in the future. This site believe it or not isn't taking too much of my time, hardly any at all relatively speaking. Also, have you not experienced traffic from Google images from your previous endeavours. That's where I believe the majority of the traffic can come from, as long as images are well optimized (file names, alt tags etc)

Regards

•••
Yea

Also, have you not experienced traffic from Google images from your previous endeavours. That's where I believe the majority of the traffic can come from, as long as images are well optimized (file names, alt tags etc)

Regards

I have received a lot of traffic from google images, but only those images I made changes to so they were original.

•••
My advice, you can clearly make a decent site so you can make money on development, just find niches with good search numbers and crap results. Make a better site than what is there. Rinse and repeat.

"If you build it they will come" only works in the movies. In this game you have to do the research, know the numbers, and make a site that is better than the competition.

Last edited:
•••
My advice, you can clearly make a decent site so you can make money on development, just find niches with good search numbers and crap results. Make a better site than what is there. Rinse and repeat.

"If you build it they will come" only works in the movies. In this game you have to do the research, know the numbers, and make a site that is better than the competition.

True, I don't expect them to cone on their own, just hope that the site can be memorable enough to retain the few that come. Maybe they'll revisit once in a while if content stays updated. What I've learnt from my experience is long tail keywords are hard to predict. Right now i'm using mainly images to attract long tail image searches, as well as possibly tags and text around the images. Building a better site might work in very specific niches, but is almost impossible in this niche where I doubt I can build a better site than 9gag for example without paying a hefty price. It also would provably apply to a different domain name. For this name in particular, I don't think anything besides a image/video sharing site would work, at least not unless I want to write very detailed blog posts of image series, video commentaries etc. which i don't. I generally do apply your concepts though to other sites when applicable.

Regards

•••
I love the domain name. I have to agree though that this type of site is oversaturated these days. Nothing is impossible though.

•••
I love the domain name. I have to agree though that this type of site is oversaturated these days. Nothing is impossible though.

Thanks buddy. Yes, the market is super saturated with these types of sites but I too liked the domain name and wanted to set something up on it. I considered more of a blog type site but that would involve some research into humorous topics and long articles, and probably wouldn't end up working as well as a simple image sharing site. Still experienting though, hopefully I can get some good ideas with time.

Regards

•••
Your website looks good, excellent design

•••
Your website looks good, excellent design

Thanks, I appreciate it. Needs some work on mobile but guess I'll give it some time before getting to that.

Regards

•••
Took a few minutes to look over the site and found it generally engaging.

To me, a non-reader of such sites, thought you had a nice mix of pics, narratives and the like to keep my eyes moving throughout the site.

As a general suggestion would have liked to find the " comments " of visitors more easily, maybe have a few images or vids featured that have a high number of visitor comments?

Again, thought your site flowed pretty well with a nice mix.

•••
Took a few minutes to look over the site and found it generally engaging.

To me, a non-reader of such sites, thought you had a nice mix of pics, narratives and the like to keep my eyes moving throughout the site.

As a general suggestion would have liked to find the " comments " of visitors more easily, maybe have a few images or vids featured that have a high number of visitor comments?

Again, thought your site flowed pretty well with a nice mix.

Thanks WatchDogue, really appreciate your feedback. I am indeed trying to only post content that is entertaining/funny to somewhat set a theme for the site. Glad you liked it :D Will try to keep the content coming.

Best Regards

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back