Review for TheBlazon.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
Would anybody care to review my news/reviews/tips website "The Blazon"?

The domain is www.theblazon.com - the site has been up since March 2014 and we have about 1,000 articles on the site.

Many thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Had a look at it. No idea whatsoever what it's about. Had a look at the title for a clue, didn't get one, saw "The Blazon". A more informative title will help your visitors and google. Okay, maybe it's not aimed at me, I don't know what "The Blazon" is.

Took a long time to load.

•••
Had a look at it. No idea whatsoever what it's about. Had a look at the title for a clue, didn't get one, saw "The Blazon". A more informative title will help your visitors and google. Okay, maybe it's not aimed at me, I don't know what "The Blazon" is.

Took a long time to load.
Thanks for the feedback.

Do you feel we need some form of tagline? We're a news and reviews website, centred around tech, entertainment and various other bits like sports.

a "blazon", has a few different meanings, but one of the traditional ones is someone who spreads news, like a town crier.

In regards to loading speeds, the site loads in less than 2 seconds for most - what's your DL speed like?

•••
Hmmm. I had another look at it to test the speed, this time in Firefox (first time was Opera) took a while then I got a notice saying I needed to download bitorrent to use the site, which I hit cancel to and got a blank screen.

Why do I need the bitorrent thing?

"News and Reviews" in the title or as a tagline would be helpful. Though it's a bit vague, so you could have Tech News and Reviews if that's your main thing.

I think you need to make it cleaner and simpler.

•••
Hmmm. I had another look at it to test the speed, this time in Firefox (first time was Opera) took a while then I got a notice saying I needed to download bitorrent to use the site, which I hit cancel to and got a blank screen.

Why do I need the bitorrent thing?

"News and Reviews" in the title or as a tagline would be helpful. Though it's a bit vague, so you could have Tech News and Reviews if that's your main thing.

I think you need to make it cleaner and simpler.
It said you needed BitTorrent? Can you provide me with a screenshot please? That sounds like it could be an issue on your end rather than site-wide.

•••
Forgot to say, I'm on 4G mobile wifi.

•••
It said you needed BitTorrent? Can you provide me with a screenshot please? That sounds like it could be an issue on your end rather than site-wide.
It only happened in Firefox (Opera, IE ok). When I refresh the page I still get the blank page. You might be right, it's a fresh install of Firefox, might have been for something else.

Now I'm getting it when I refresh! Deleted all the history cookies etc, went in again and got it ok. Was quick enough too.

•••
It only happened in Firefox (Opera, IE ok). When I refresh the page I still get the blank page. You might be right, it's a fresh install of Firefox, might have been for something else.

Now I'm getting it when I refresh! Deleted all the history cookies etc, went in again and got it ok. Was quick enough too.
Odd, sounds more like a virus than anything else. I use Firefox and don't get this, as do a lot of my work colleagues who read the website.

•••
Site loads somewhat slowly. You can use this tool to check your speed: http://tools.pingdom.com/

Fix your page title. Take a look at these examples

Notice how they summarize what their site is about in the title?

The google plus link at the bottom of the page is broken:

I'd rework your about page. Here's a great resource on how to write a very effective about page:
Mashable gives their traffic statistics on their about page:
So does Buzzfeed:
It provides social proof to readers as well as value to potential advertisers.

Just my 0.02 cents! Good luck!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back