Dynadot

Rick Schwartz VS Google AdSense (mp3 radio)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
Rick Schwartz vs Google Adsense - (mp3 radio)

Here is a webcast mp3 with Rick Schwartz (and Monte Cahn of Moniker.com who manages Rick's "portfolio") calling in to talk about Google Adsense and an issue he went through recently trying to use it on Candy.com (in ways against Google TOS)

mp3 webcast - 30 megs, (right-click save as) 68 minutes audio only

Because of the annoying ads in the above "radio program" I highly recommend you download it first before playback so you can skip over them. Content starts about 1.5 minutes in.

Program Schedule Thursday 02.05.2004
On This Week's Show: Rick Schwartz, The Domain King

We'll will learn from The Domain King... how he got into the business of domain names! We’ll discuss some very big sales, such as Men.com the went for over $1 Million Dollars. We’ll also discuss a recent Google Adsense issue with respect to one of Rick’s domains…Candy.com.
Highlights from Rick Schwartz's own mouth:
  • owns 4300 to 4500 domain names
  • 95,000 to 100,000 type-ins per day
  • mentions newly formed
    "World Association of Domain Name Developers"
    (checking whois: wadnd.com is freshly registered by
    Rick Schwartz on Feb 2nd, 2004)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"World Association of Domain Name Developers"

sounds very interesting...

•••
I am hoping someone will go in and register all the other TLD's for wadnd which he doesn't value, most especially .NET just to show him what it's like :)

•••
let me get my $$$ and i think i will reg it tomoro or the next day lol

•••
he also got wadnd.org

but i got wadnd.net :)

•••
Yeah he has stated specifically he only values .com and .org because of how .org has gotten public attention from media ads for charities, etc. But we know better ;)

Now someone grab the .info and we are all set. Heh.

•••
WADND? Even the acronym is bad. Looks like wad-North Dakota to me...

•••
It's not as bad as NCDNHC - "Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency" which is a real group, LoL!

•••
Can someone put up or send the mp3 ?

•••
Originally posted by aww
It's not as bad as NCDNHC - "Non-Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency" which is a real group, LoL!

Wow, that is even worse! Acronyms are supposed to be easy, short versions! LOL!

•••
Cmos, sorry I guess they renamed the file.
I corrected the url above, this should work now (right click & save first)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back