Domain Empire

discuss Ridiculously long domain names seen in the wild

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe N

Top Member
Impact
Despite the commonly accepted belief among most domainers that shorter is better, some businesses continue to go against the grain by operating on needlessly long domain names.

I find it fascinating when I spot these out in the world, so I wanted to start a thread dedicated to these names.

Rules:

1. Character count must be above 20.

2. You must post a picture of the name in use in an ad, sign, vehicle, or somewhere else out in printed form.

3. Any extension is welcome.

Let's see how many crazy long domains are out there! Maybe a business in this thread will become your next grateful client.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To get us started, a 26 character beauty I saw on the way home today:

20190724_162633.jpg

•••
•••
I posted some names but didn't realise must be a pic. sorry

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Another entry for your viewing pleasure. This one clocks in at 28 characters. I quite like it!

20190725_131134.jpg

Last edited:
•••
20190726_072446.jpg

I'm on a trip in Las Vegas. Saw this one early this morning.

•••
•••
•••
US foods? I'm not seeing the ridiculously long domain name... Am I missing something?
Whoops. My mistake Joe. Posted in wrong thread.

•••
A new one for all to enjoy. It clocks in at 27 characters, and uses a cctld:
20191002_113137.jpg

•••
A new one for all to enjoy. It clocks in at 27 characters, and uses a cctld:
Show attachment 130629
LOL
The car seems a bit small for that name.

They may want to upgrade to a van, or better yet keep the car and invest in a shorter name:xf.grin:

It's kind of hard to read in a still picture, imagine trying to read that name while the car is moving:xf.eek:

•••
Nice thread :)
I pity the users who have to regularly type all of the letters of 20+ characters domain name.
It can only work well if the website's Google page rank is good and there are links for the customers to click both on Google and other third party websites.

•••
Last edited:
•••
That's insanely long! Thanks @Larion

Last edited:
•••
Haven't posted in a while, but I saw this dandy when I was out today:

20200117_160825.jpg

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back