IT.COM

rosievela. com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i just received this email five minutes ago! Quite a SHOCK this domain business. Never received a lawyers letter before!> what should i do? how should i response. i just bought this name for its traffic and no idea who this rosie vela is!!

some comment or advice would be helpful!!

Dear Sir:

We represent Roseanne Vela in Internet domain name matters. We are sending this letter regarding your registration of the domain name “roseivela.com” through the NameSystem registrar and your offer to sell the domain name on the web site located at the URL www.sedo.com. Ms. Vela, well-known as the singer, actress and model Rosie Vela, is the owner of all rights in and to her name and derivatives of her name. Ms. Vela is the registrant of the domain names “rosievela.org” and “rosievela.net”. Your registration of the domain name “rosievela.com”, in which you have no rights or legitimate interest, is actionable under NameSystem’s Dispute Resolution Policy. Furthermore, your offer to sell the domain name can be considered an act of bad faith under the applicable ICANN dispute resolution policy and the laws of the United States.

Ms. Vela is prepared to file a complaint pursuant to ICANN’s Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution policy, to which you agreed and became bound when you registered the domain name “rosievela.com” with NameSystems. In order to avoid litigation, we demand on behalf of Roseanne Vela that you immediately withdraw the offer for sale of the domain name and voluntarily transfer the subject domain name to Ms. Vela.

Our client has vigorously enforced her rights in the “rosie vela” name and intends to take full advantage of the legal protection available to her as the rightful owner of the rosievela.com domain name and mark. In the event that our client and you cannot reach an amicable resolution of this dispute in the near future, our client is prepared to take legal action to protect her rights to the fullest extent under the law. Please be aware that this letter waives none of our client’s rights or remedies, claims or defenses in this matter, each of which is expressly reserved.

In the mutual interest of resolving this matter amicably, we request your cooperation in reaching a prompt resolution. Please advise us via return e-mail that you agree to transfer the domain name and confirm that you will transfer the domain name, as requested. If we do not hear from you by August 10, 2004, we will advise our client to take any and all available legal action against you.

Very truly yours,

J. Alison Grabell

JAG:blh

cc: Roseanne Vela
Sanford Astor, Esq.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello redhippo,

It appears that Roseanne Vela has been in the show and entertainment business for many years. You may want to settle your case with them. As you know, it will cost them $2000 to file their complaint + Attorney fees and time!

I would suggest you make them a reasonable offer they can't refuse and move on!

Good luck and keep us updated!

•••
thanks for your suggestion!! will act on it! fingers crossed!

•••
could this be a scam? rosievela. org doesnt seem to be registered to them?:tri:

•••
Hm.

Can't find any info on google about:
Tech Name:Sluggy Inc.
Tech Organization:Sluggy Inc.
Tech Street1:2934 1/2 Beverly Glen Cir.#362
http://www.whois.sc/rosievela.org

Why did you reg the domain in the first place (if you don't mind me asking), if you didn't know who this Rosie chick was?
(haven't heard about her myself.. :) )

If you can present them a reasonable explanation why you regged it, and explain that you didn't know who she was, maybe it's easier to settle your case with them...

Good luck, please keep us informed about the progress.

•••
Sounds highly scam-ish to me... Respond to them saying something about how you are willing to sell the domain to them for X $ (less than the cost for them to take you to court), then say that you still have you doubts that this person is truely the attorney for Rosie Vela, because the two domains are registered under different names (the .org and .net), but he / she clearly stated that Rosie owned both.

Edit: Also, if this woman is so famous, why would she register the .net in 2000, then in 2004 have her attorney register the .org? And never get the .com? Sounds fishy to me...

•••
redleg: just for traffic, picked up from some dead fish pond;)
wesley: precisely!! details dont match!! have send them NICE letter! waiting for response!!

•••
I only see the "Vela" portion on TM's - But seeing it is her "stage or working" name They Probably would have a Viable dispute with this name unless you know someone with the same name ........

Good Luck redhippo

:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back