Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Akbarrr The new way eliminates fake bidding to certain extent probably, but it will also have huge impact on sales. It means fewer bidders who can afford placing bids in auctions, which automatically leads to lower prices for our names. @Nick R perfectly knows this. And I don’t want to participate!

What I mean is that they are preventing fake bids, but they are also preventing legitimate bids at the same time. Lots of people will stop bidding in auctions. New members will freak out first time their cards are charged for huge amounts and half of them will never come back for more.

Last edited:
•••
@Akbarrr The new way eliminates fake bidding to certain extent probably, but it will also have huge impact on sales. It means fewer bidders who can afford placing bids in auctions, which automatically leads to lower prices for our names. @Nick R perfectly knows this. And I don’t want to participate!

What I mean is that they are preventing fake bids, but they are also preventing legitimate bids at the same time. Lots of people will stop bidding in auctions. New members will freak out first time their cards are charged for huge amounts and half of them will not come back for more.
true

•••
@Nick R Why is the J_x ID STILL BIDDING ON ACTIVE AUCTIONS??!?!

Last edited:
•••
•••
+1 to this, I don't understand why's so hard to check this user already.

I think they don't have an option to remove someone from the active auction or else he would have been banned already...

•••
Hello, @Nick R i sent you a DM for a domain transfer to sav that failed 2 times due to Billing failure but i paid and have been charged already. please look into this. You guys should implement a live chat like epik, NC or dynadot, that is my suggestion. thanks, Andrea

•••
- If you want to place active bids for more than this amount, we will place an authorization on the bidders payment method to ensure they can be charged for the bid should they win. If the bidder raises their bid, we will only make a new authorization if the bid is more than doubled from their previous bid.

To ensure all bidders know about this, we have added a note about these new changes to every bid confirmation screen linking to this FAQ: https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/auction-bidding-policies-and-pre-authorizations
Here you we're saying 'double', but in your FAQ: https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/auction-bidding-policies-and-pre-authorizations it says 'triple', which one it is?

•••

Last edited:
•••
Sav.com has got to be the worst run platform in all of the domaining industry, and that's saying something because there are a lot of terrible platforms

•••
@Nick R The changes you made in regards to auctions are creating even bigger mess. I spoke with a few people who complained to me that their cards have been pre-authorized multiple times today. They have spent huge money on Sav, but because their accounts are newer than 4 months you pre-authorize their bids. You haven’t fixed anything, you are making it worse. And you will lose lots of customers very quickly. Again - cancel all auctions and think of a more sustainable solution, and only then let people sell and buy on Sav. And add live support of course. I have been insisting on this for more than a year now, and I won’t stop until I see live chat support on Sav.

•••
I think they don't have an option to remove someone from the active auction or else he would have been banned already...
Its THEIR platform! Of course they have the option, it may take some work, but they are choosing not to.

•••
@Akbarrr - Thanks for DMing me as well. See our last message regarding why 10% is not possible with current credit processing regulations.

J_x bidder - See my notes about this earlier in the thread.

@Constantin S - If a bidder placed a bid for $1,000 that gets pre-authed, they will not get pre-authed again until they triple their bid. We plan on watching that closely and that may change in the future based on the actual results.

@barman - We would love the opportunity to change your mind. I am happy to setup a personal call for both of us to go over any concerns you have one one one. Just DM me you details and i'll reach out.

@Anton Naydenov - We politely disagree but respect your views on this. As we evolve in the future, we will be sure to take your feedback into consideration.

Support:
We are just a few weeks away from expanding our support to be 7 days a week, with expanded hours on weekdays as well!!! New agents are being trained as we speak and live chat will follow after. More details coming on this in Jan.

General:
We did use pre-auth in the auctions in the auctions about a year ago, however it was much different then. When did it before, every new bidder was pre-authed for every bid they placed. The current implementation is MUCH less restrictive. The first 2 bids/$1,000 is not pre-authed. Only when you triple you bid will you be pre-authed again. And, based on the bidders total spent on Sav, a lot of bidders will never be pre-authed.

Our main goal is to ensure that all bidders are confident knowing that the other bidders they are bidding with on auctions will be able to pay for every bid they place.

A note for Christmas and New Years:
Sav will be closed Thursday and Friday of this week for Christmas, and Friday of next week for New Years.

•••
@Nick R I am glad that live support is coming soon. It should have happened ages ago.

I don’t know what you agree and disagree with, but what’s happening on the platform at the moment is a joke. And this enormous joke is happening in front of all of us, and everybody is watching. You will probably go in history as one of the worst bidding platforms that have ever existed. Domainers will use “Sav” as a synonym of bad management for years to come. You underestimate the problem as always, and you are choosing to turn a blind eye to it.

At the end of the day it’s your company, so if you want to ruin it, it’s your choice of course and you are free to run it as you please.

•••
Anyone know that If I get paid by PayPal, will I receive the full amount?

If I have us bank account that provided by payoneer, but I am not American, can I get paid by ACH? What's the fee of get paid by ach?

The sav support do not give me the answer unless I reg an account and submit the tax form fisrt.

•••
@70ym - PayPal has different fees for customers in different countries. The best way to know the exact fees would be to make an account and complete the Payout onboarding form by clicking the Cash Out button on your Marketplace dashboard.

•••
@70ym - PayPal has different fees for customers in different countries. The best way to know the exact fees would be to make an account and complete the Payout onboarding form by clicking the Cash Out button on your Marketplace dashboard.
dan, sedo , afternic has no fee for paypal payout for any countries.

•••
@70ym - Sav has great resect for each of these companies and they all do great jobs. Our fee structure does differ from theirs though. You may pay a 10%-20% commission with these platforms so the payout fee is just "built-into" that rate. Sav only charges a 4% commission on domain sales.

•••
J_x bidder - See my notes about this earlier in the thread.
Can you point me to these notes? Do the notes explain why a repeat offender that everyone has called out is still bidding and not removed? Because anything short of that is pretty unacceptable. You want to have integrity... remove the bad players.

•••
@CraftNames - Here are a few snippets from past posts that explain how the auction platform automatically handles this.
Until we attempt to charge the high bidders payment method, we assume they are bidding in good faith and can pay. This has now been amended a bit per the new changes today. Everyone who bids on auctions places bids based on how they value the domain, independent of other bidders. If a bidder can not pay, they will be banned from participating in future auctions.

Once a bid is placed it can not be cancelled. However, there are only two outcomes to an auction - the high bidder is charged they get the domain; everything went as intended. If the high bidder is unable to be charged, a brand new auction is started, everyones bids are reset and, everyone is free to place a new bid on the auction should they still be interested.

•••
@Nick R But even with an new policy, you are actively refusing to ban a repeat non-paying offender. Why would you think he'd suddenly start paying for the auctions he is intentionally driving up when he hasn't paid for any thus far? Delete his account and his bids, this is entirely in your control. At the VERY least, ban him from continuing to bid.

Last edited:
•••
@CraftNames - All we are able to say publicly is what we have already posted and quoted in this thread.

•••
@CraftNames - All we are able to say publicly is what we have already posted and quoted in this thread.
Lol is it a legal matter now or something?

Yes, bidders can bid whatever they value the domain, but when the auction gets cancelled and restarted (multiple times!), those sellers wont necessarily have the same audience of buyers after this deadbeat scares away the potential bidders. Its certainly left an awful taste in my mouth.

This guy is having a blast this morning - all of these auctions will end up getting cancelled and restarted.

1640196072834.png
1640196105980.png

1640196127528.png

•••
@CraftNames - If they do get cancelled and restarted that will give all bidders the option to reevaluate the domain and place new bids. In a scenario like this, we believe this is the fairest approach for all bidders.

•••
@CraftNames - If they do get cancelled and restarted that will give all bidders the option to reevaluate the domain and place new bids. In a scenario like this, we believe this is the fairest approach for all bidders.
And the sellers lose.

Cancelling my auctions and wont be listing or bidding again until this is fixed.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back