Domain Empire

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@shaikh555 Yes, they are on holidays. And I can predict how next attack and next wave of huge fake proxies is just around the corner. I have my own theory who j_x was. And Nick’s new auction rules won’t stop those people at all, because they have the resources and the money to play this expensive game. I tried to warn him, but he won’t listen. The only ones affected will be decent legitimate bidders.
You can't stop those fake idiots it's hard.. you'll find such idiots in every marketplace sedo, dynadot, dropcatch, godaddy etc ... but for now, they can only limit those fake guys until there's a perfect solution...

These fake guys have so much time to do these stupid things lol...

The pre-auth multiple transactions can be stopped and I am sure they will work on this once they are back to business as Nick already said chat support and the rest of the things will be up soon.

For the pre-auth thing, I suggest you load funds in your PayPal and transact with PayPal balance because the refunds will be pretty much instant. If you transact with the card, it's probably gonna take 3-5 days.

I hope they will also add a "pre-funds" (adding certain funds to our own account at sav ) option and a withdrawal option as well so one can easily withdraw later if he wants to.

Last edited:
•••
Auctioned domain: How long does Sav taken to push the domain into account after processing the payment?

•••
@Akbarrr I don’t think we are dealing with “idiots” in this case though. The attack was well organized and it was aimed at expensive .xyz names. All other TLDs that got affected were only for distraction. Let’s say certain people don’t want to pay too much for such names, and prefer to eliminate competition, and to discourage sellers by bending them to their will. The final goal is to force sellers to sell cheap to them, perfectly not in auctions. Such people or companies will happily destroy a whole marketplace only to achieve what they want. For instance observe the strange behaviour of this bidder w_w_909b80, who is mainly placing bids on names with high proxies set up in advance by j_x_942e4f (auctions they perfectly know they can’t win because the proxy is too high). If they don’t know who the highest bidder is, or if they don’t know what the proxy is, they simply skip the name, or place very low bids. Something more - whoever or whatever is behind w_w_909b80 is actually the same person/company that was behind the bidder b_c_5385d5 and a few more accounts. They just replaced the account because they missed to pay something by mistake, and the old account was restricted. So as I said they have the resources and the money to play their game - Nick’s new rules only made it easier for them, not harder. The ones affected now are not the ones who were behind the attack. Totally the opposite. Nick simply took the wrong side.

Last edited:
•••
@shaikh555 I don’t think we are dealing with “idiots” in this case though. The attack was well organized and it was aimed at expensive .xyz names. All other TLDs that got affected were only for distraction. Let’s say certain people don’t want to pay too much for such names, and prefer to eliminate competition, and to discourage sellers by bending them to their will. The final goal is to force sellers to sell cheap to them, perfectly not in auctions. Such people or companies will happily destroy a whole marketplace only to achieve what they want. For instance observe the strange behaviour of this bidder w_w_909b80, who is mainly placing bids on names with high proxies set up in advance by j_x_942e4f (auctions they perfectly know they can’t win because the proxy is too high). If they don’t know who the highest bidder is, or if they don’t know what the proxy is, they simply skip the name, or place very low bids. Something more - whoever or whatever is behind w_w_909b80 is actually the same person/company that was behind the bidder b_c_5385d5 and a few more accounts. They just replaced the account because they missed to pay something by mistake, and the old account was restricted. So as I said they have the resources and the money to play their game - Nick’s new rules only made it easier for them, not harder. The ones affected now are not the ones who were behind the attack. Totally the opposite. Nick simply took the wrong side.

I don't think this guy is fake "w_w_909b80" I closely watched a few auctions he participated and he won and paid like for computers.xyz, webcam.xyz, and in a few other extensions... I don't know about the other guy...

•••
Auctioned domain: How long does Sav taken to push the domain into account after processing the payment?
If the domain is registered at Sav it will be pretty much instant but as the sav staff is on leave they will take care of this on Monday I guess...

If the domain is registered somewhere else, then it depends on the seller if he wants to transfer it or not.. because few sellers won't transfer the domain if they think the price is not up to their expectations.

•••
@Akbarrr You simply haven’t understood what I said. I never said that the bidder was fake. I said that he’s playing games, and arranging to buy names for pennies. Computers.xyz is a perfect example. The name sold for “pennies”. I say “he”, but the bidder is not “he”, because there is a whole company behind the account. A company with big budget that is interested in buying high-value .xyz (and other new gTLDs) names very cheap.

Last edited:
•••
Hello @Akbarrr @Anton Naydenov @Traderas my .io Meta domains in auction 2 days to go, $1

MetaPS.io (PlayStation)
MetaDX.io (decentralized exchange)
MetaMena.io (MENA Region)
MetaPhoenix.io

Friends my intention is not to marketing here but I am only drawing attention that highly search keywords .io meta domains available starting $1 and in absent of fake bidder, Thanks

•••
@Akbarrr You simply haven’t understood what I said. I never said that the bidder was fake. I said that he’s playing games, and arranging to buy names for pennies. Computers.xyz is a perfect example. The name sold for “pennies”. I say “he”, but the bidder is not “he”, because there is a whole company behind the account. A company with big budget that is interested in buying high-value .xyz (and other new gTLDs) names very cheap.
I would have participated in that auction if it had the normal renewal.. anyway let's see how this goes it's too soon to say something...

•••
@Akbarrr I know how it will go. They managed to scare away all other bidders with their fiasco the last couple of days. And they will start buying very cheap now. I am canceling my auctions, because I don’t want to sell to them for pennies. You have a problem with the renewal fee, I personally don’t.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think this guy is fake "w_w_909b80" I closely watched a few auctions he participated and he won and paid like for computers.xyz, webcam.xyz, and in a few other extensions... I don't know about the other guy...
This guy did not paid for my auctions last week! We as seller should hv the right to choose whether to start 2nd round auction as it takes too long for one round and 2 rounds takes almost 10-14 days to complete if buyer pays up! What if they don’t pay 2nd round then 3rd, 4th, 5th??

•••
@Akbarrr I know how it will go. They managed to scare away all other bidders with their fiasco the last couple of days. And they will start buying very cheap now. I am canceling my auctions, because I don’t want to sell to them for pennies. You have a problem with the renewal fee, I personally don’t.
You are right!

Last edited:
•••
Another name sold for pennies to w_w_909b80 - parts.xyz for $393 USD. A name that the seller probably registered for at least $500 USD, and which probably generated loss of at least $123 USD after commissions. The bidder w_w_909b80 and whoever or whatever is behind them managed to scare away all other serious bidders (using the fake j_x and other fake accounts) in order to buy cheap as many as possible names without competition. At the same time lots of bidders now simply don’t have the money to participate in auctions, because Sav have blocked thousands of dollars in their bank cards for unspecified period of time. What’s been happening is a plunder that has been assisted indirectly by Sav. You should know this.

j_x_942e4f = w_w_909b80 = b_c_5385d5

Same people are behind these (and a few more) accounts. And they’re the people who destroyed the marketplace in order to make it possible to get what they wanted almost for free. The whole theatre from the past 10 days is initiated and orchestrated by them.

I want @Nick R to shed some light on these 3 accounts. Do they use the same payment methods, do they log in from the same country, do they log in from the same (or similar) IP addresses?

The scheme is as follows - if they don’t like the price (when price goes too high) they simply block the sale by placing extremely high proxies from fake accounts. The auction repeats after 3 days. Every next time the auction repeats there are fewer and fewer bidders, because normal bidders eventually stop bidding on repeat auctions, as they look suspicious. They make the auctions repeat until the price is low enough, and they can buy the name very cheap.

Last edited:
•••
@Anton Naydenov

w_w_909b80

Do you have links to auctions that this bidder had won recently?

Last edited:
•••
Another name sold for pennies to w_w_909b80 - parts.xyz for $393 USD. A name that the seller probably registered for at least $500 USD, and which probably generated loss of at least $123 USD after commissions. The bidder w_w_909b80 and whoever or whatever is behind them managed to scare away all other serious bidders (using the fake j_x and other fake accounts) in order to buy cheap as many as possible names without competition. At the same time lots of bidders now simply don’t have the money to participate in auctions, because Sav have blocked thousands of dollars in their bank cards for unspecified period of time. What’s been happening is a plunder that has been assisted indirectly by Sav. You should know this.

Same people are behind these (and a few more) accounts. And they’re the people who destroyed the marketplace in order to make it possible to get what they wanted almost for free. The whole theatre from the past 10 days is initiated and orchestrated by them.

I want @Nick R to shed some light on these 3 accounts. Do they use the same payment methods, do they log in from the same country, do they log in from the same (or similar) IP addresses?

The scheme is as follows - if they don’t like the price (when price goes too high) they simply block the sale by placing extremely high proxies from fake accounts. The auction repeats after 3 days. Every next time the auction repeats there are fewer and fewer bidders, because normal bidders eventually stop bidding on repeat auctions, as they look suspicious. They make the auctions repeat until the price is low enough, and they can buy the name very cheap.
Exactly! They are partners in crime! This is exactly what happened to my domains in auctions last week (as well as others) and none of them were paid in the end! Both of them appeared in many auctions and if they don’t like the price then j_f ends up winning and nobody needs to be responsible and no one end up paying! Just an example attached!

Attachments

• 5252DBFC-BF63-408C-84A5-E9679B93DDCE.png
    5252DBFC-BF63-408C-84A5-E9679B93DDCE.png
    835.8 KB · Views: 66
•••
We as seller should hv the option whether to restart or not! It’s not on sellers advantage to restart second round when u can see there is a setup! @Nick R

•••
@NYK Yes, I agree. Some of my names have been in repeated auctions for more than a month now. Sav pretty much turned my domains in hostages. I cannot try to sell elsewhere, because even if I find a buyer, I can’t take the name out of auction and transfer it to them. I don’t want my auctions to be repeated. If a name doesn’t sell the first time I don’t want Sav to repeat the auction. It should be up to the seller to decide to repeat or not. I have never seen another marketplace that would forcefully keep your names in constant auctions until the end of time.

In regards to your screenshot. w_w uses fake accounts (like j_x) to set up high proxies and then pretends that he is trying to outbid the fake account that they actually created. It’s pure theatre. Just look at the amounts - $1222 bid, followed by $3333... They raise the price on purpose - so they can scare other bidders away. They perfectly know that the proxy is much higher because they’ve put it there. They will keep making your auction repeats until there are no other bidders left who would fight for the name, and at some point they will try to buy your name for $200-$300, or even for less. Remember what I said. The whole theatre is to eliminate competition and to discourage other bidders, so that they can buy cheap.

Last edited:
•••
@NYK Yes, I agree. Some of my names have been in repeated auctions for more than a month now. Sav pretty much turned my domains in hostages. I cannot try to sell elsewhere, because even if I find a buyer, I can’t take the name out of auction and transfer it to them. I don’t want my auctions to be repeated. If a name doesn’t sell the first time I don’t want Sav to repeat the auction. It should be up to the seller to decide to repeat or not. I have never seen another marketplace that would forcefully keep your names in constant auctions until the end of time.

In regards to your screenshot. w_w uses fake accounts (like j_x) to set up high proxies and then pretends that he is trying to outbid the fake account that they actually created. It’s pure theatre. Just look at the amounts - $1222 bid, followed by $3333... They raise the price on purpose - so they can scare other bidders away. They perfectly know that the proxy is much higher because they’ve put it there. They will keep making your auction repeats until there are no other bidders left who would fight for the name, and at some point they will try to buy your name for $200-$300, or even for less. Remember what I said. The whole theatre is to eliminate competition and to discourage other bidders, so that they can buy cheap.
Sad but true! Totally agree!

•••

Here is another thing to consider that SAV is probably "in bed" with the shill bidders.

How can there be a non-payer and even multiple times, if the money for everyone is apparently pre-blocked by SAV? Meaning, the bidder has effectively paid to SAV even for them to be able to place that final bid and win. Imagine now the crazy amounts to be blocked given how many auctions the shill bidder wins. So the money is there, SAV has pre-authorized it and has full rights to close the transaction, as the bidder has agreed by signing contracts and there is a tracking trail proving that they have committed.

SAV wouldn't block money for honest non-winners and let the shill cheater get away with no-block special arrangement. Or would they?

•••
I rly don’t understand. When you place a bid they charge your card. If that is the winning bid they charge you again. Why? Why don’t you keep the money you charged in the first place? You charge me for the chance of winning, I win, you should keep what you have already charged. It is so simple
All these illogical changes sounds very suspicious to me

•••
@Nick R
/ sav staff/ sav. com

This id j_x_942e4f
who own auction for my domain trek . xyz but didn't pay, still bidding for other domains like shopping365 .xyz

is not he supposed to be restricted to bid?

Why is he bidding?

Even I am banned to bid for not paying just once.

That is very unprofessional & fishy.

Can you please check!?

guys please tag sav so he notices my imortant comment

•••
@Nick R

1. Dec. 19: First screenshot was posted on Twitter. The winning bidder j_x_942e4f didn't pay.

1640440413516.png

Dec. 24: If the bidder j_x_942e4f didn't pay first then why is he allowed to participate in other auctions.
1640440559939.png

More auctions with the same bidder:
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/587832/security.xyz
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/595178/metalobby.xyz
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/590946/webdesign.xyz
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/591332/regnow.xyz

w_w_909b80 is seen on auctions where the other bidder is. This bidder also won one of my domain auction on Dec. 24. I'll just have to wait until to Monday to find out if they paid or not.

Stop doing the auctions over and over again until you can fix the shill bidder issue.

Attachments

• 1640440397774.png
    1640440397774.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 34
•••
@Nick R

1. Dec. 19: First screenshot was posted on Twitter. The winning bidder j_x_942e4f didn't pay.

Show attachment 206803

Dec. 24: If the bidder j_x_942e4f didn't pay first then why is he allowed to participate in other auctions.
Show attachment 206804

More auctions with the same bidder:
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/587832/security.xyz
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/595178/metalobby.xyz
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/590946/webdesign.xyz
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/591332/regnow.xyz

w_w_909b80 is seen on auctions where the other bidder is. This bidder also won one of my domain auction on Dec. 24. I'll just have to wait until to Monday to find out if they paid or not.

Stop doing the auctions over and over again until you can fix the shill bidder issue.
The user j_x is banned they confirmed to me 2 days ago via support... but the thing is first I don't think they have the option to remove someone from the active auction and all his proxy bids, I think they simply don't have that option within their auction code, or else those have been removed long ago.

About the second bidder "w_w" I saw a few auctions he won and paid cuz I see them on Namebio...

Here's another thing with Sav, I think the transfer process is not automated even if the domain is registered at Sav, someone manually pushes them at Sav I know this because 2 people raised the same question a day ago here that the domain was not in their account even after they paid for it.

So you'll find out on Monday if the user "w_w" paid or not if not please do post here about it...

Last edited:
•••
If the bidder was banned then all auctions with their proxy bids should’ve been cancelled right away.

•••
If the bidder was banned then all auctions with their proxy bids should’ve been cancelled right away.
You are right but I don't think they have this coded in their auction.... this is my thoughts may be I am wrong until they clarify themselves on this.

•••
I rly don’t understand. When you place a bid they charge your card. If that is the winning bid they charge you again. Why? Why don’t you keep the money you charged in the first place? You charge me for the chance of winning, I win, you should keep what you have already charged. It is so simple
All these illogical changes sounds very suspicious to me
You are right and I totally agree, I'll try to clarify why this is happening. So, a year ago they use to have a system where you would be charged for every bid you place but they discontinued this system later.

Now, due to a lot of shill bidders, they brought the same system back but with little changes, here are the changes:

1) If you have a sales/buy history with Sav, you are not required for "pre-auth" on bids until that limit. For example, if you have a history of $5,000 with Sav in the last 120 days, then you can bid freely without any pre-auth up to $5,000, to bid above you will be charged a pre-auth and you can bid up to three times more without next pre-auth. (example you bid $5100, you will be charged $5100 and you can bid upto $15,000 without any pre-auth, to bid more than $15,000 you will be charged again and so)

2) Right now, when you are charged a pre-auth the refunds will take place once the auction is ended.

3) Nick said they will work on a change where one someone gets outbid, the charged pre-auth will be voided and refunded back. So I suggest you use your Paypal balance rather than your card because the refunds are pretty much instant with Paypal balance and 3-5 days with card transactions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back