IT.COM

SEDO - A very bad choice !!!

Spaceship
Watch
Sedo really sucks. After we made them a whole lot of money, by painfully optimizing domains for various search engines ( non paid traffic ), they sent us letter informing us that traffic was not converting for their advertisers.

Now why would we care if it is converting for their advertisers. That is their job not ours. Our job is to drive the traffic. They shutdown our account because we did not reply to their email within 6 hours. Wow 6 hours to wait for a reply before closing down an account.

I really hope that sedo gets what they deserve one day. They seem to be making lot of publishers upset these days.

Basically we lost a whole ton of money because of this, and sedo pocketed this money. Way to go sedo! Withhold those funds like you said in the email !!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've got to add that although Sedo may have a low payout, but they never gave me a $0.00 for a click, which happened on Namedrive. Not even a $0.01, which doesnt happen on Sedo has well...

Namedrive in effect nulified my click...after their corrections, my earnings get reduced alot. :td:

$0.00 for a click...wow, how bad is that?

Edit: That $0.00 click happened twice already...

Last edited:
•••
•••
I strongly suggest that you never, ever deal with Sedo in any way, shape or form. They are Seady, lol. They are screwed up.

•••
I have been very happy overall with Sedo. My earnings have risen steadily, but that also has to do with picking better names and optimizing keywords. I am also a fan of ND and Dotzup. Revenue Pilot my clicks went from $1.00 to .01
not so good, and domainspa is also not on my good list---yikes!

•••
I want to point out a couple important issues before I close this thread.

domainalliance - He starts this thread, but when asked questions about specifics, never returns and never posts any facts or details.

stuart_domains - He posts twice, with completely generic anti-sedo messages, with no examples or facts or details. This person went on to create 3 accounts here at NamePros, and got banned.

alekat - He makes 1 post, anti-sedo, then disappears forever.

twoprime4you - He makes one post, anti-sedo, no examples or facts or details.

So while the majority of members have posted sincere and detailed replies (both positive and negative), this other stuff appears to be cheap shots with nothing to back it up. And in my opinion, it's not fair to Sedo, and it wouldn't be fair to any company, to allow it to continue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back