IT.COM

Sedo: Anyone Else Get Frequent Wrong Password Alerts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

Just wanted to check if I'm the only one or if it's a bug that everyone is experiencing.

Whenever I log into Sedo over the past 2 weeks or so, I often get a red notification say "Wrong Password For This User Entered Too Many Times" It still logs me in when I enter my password and stuff but I get this notification frequently before it logs me in.

Checking if it's just me or if some of you other folks are also experiencing this? If it's just me then I'm a little concerned that someone is trying to crack my Sedo Account... maybe they assume that if they crack the Sedo account password then it's likely my Registrar accounts would have the same passwords....lol dumb@sses... or maybe I'm just being paranoid. (In this day and age it does pay to be a little on the paranoid side...lol)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same here about one out of every 4 logins

•••
Same here about one out of every 4 logins

Ahhh now that's a relief :) - So it was just me being paranoid then ....lol

Thanks for giving me some peace of mind .... :)

•••
In the past week or so, today included, about 1 of 4 or 5 logins results in an errant , unwarranted
" wrong password " page message.

So, same basic issue as you are experiencing.

•••
In the past week or so, today included, about 1 of 4 or 5 logins results in an errant , unwarranted
" wrong password " page message.

So, same basic issue as you are experiencing.

Cool bananas, thanks for letting me know dude... just relieved I'm not the only one :)

•••
•••
Wonder why Sedo is the last to know when they have a problem?

•••
I saw such alert a few times already...

•••
•••
•••
Weird, I never have gotten that.

•••
Even I experienced the same..:xf.smile:

•••
Lol so either someone is mass hacking all of our Sedo accounts or there is a Bug in Sedo's platform :)

•••
•••
Same here, never had it till a few days ago.

Either the site is malfunctioning or someone is guessing usernames and passwords. Hacking in would have very serious consequences if you have enabled MLS - because if a hacker changes the sale price of your domain to $100 and then buys it, it leaves your registrar's account immediately and goes into theirs - good luck getting it back.

So when do we get 2FA at Sedo?

This would be far worse at Afternic because every username has a public page, so you can verify the existence of a username and the Afternic domains associated with it, identifying a target. Just asking for trouble.

Last edited:
•••
lol...just got it again.

upload_2017-1-7_23-8-12.png

•••
Same here, never had it till a few days ago.

Either the site is malfunctioning or someone is guessing usernames and passwords. Hacking in would have very serious consequences if you have enabled MLS - because if a hacker changes the sale price of your domain to $100 and then buys it, it leaves your registrars account immediately and goes into theirs - good luck getting it back.

So when do we get 2FA at Sedo?

This would be far worse at Afternic because every username has a public page, so you can verify the existence of a username and the afternic domains associated with it, identifying a target.

Holly Sh*t balls... I actually didn't think of that! They could really cause havoc with MLS enabled domains! Hmmm great, lol...now I have gone from paranoid to having peace of mind knowing everyone has the same problem now back to paranoid again thanks to @carob ....lol :)

•••
Got same problem and found this thread. Glad I'm not the only one facing this issue ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back