IT.COM
Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Sedo the mixed payout methods have been recently removed. Sorry, but it is a downgrade. I for one prefer to receive (small) parking payouts via paypal, still being paid for domain sales by wire. Please restore this opportunity, most notably "pay < Eur XXX by paypal, otherwise by wire" setting. One would expect more flexibility with payments...

•••
@Sedo In Personal settings, the drop-down list to select Country Code is not working. It only shows "Please choose" without any country, so I'm unable to fill in this required field. Could you please fix? Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

thanks for your question and sorry for the late reply.

We offer the following payment methods:

Wire Transfer
Credit Card ( Amex, Visa, Master, Union Pay)
Paypal
Alipay
Cartes bancaires
iDeal
Trustly
Klarna Pay Now
giropay

Payment methods may vary depending on country location.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team
Hi can we choose them?

I checked my domains .it and pointed my location in Italy. It doesn't make sense to offer alipay here since nobody is using it in Italy

•••
@Sedo In Personal settings, the drop-down list to select Country Code is not working. It only shows "Please choose" without any country, so I'm unable to fill in this required field. Could you please fix? Thank you.
Hello,

thank you for your message and the hint. We will check this as soon as possible so that you can quickly access the selection again.

Best regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hi can we choose them?

I checked my domains .it and pointed my location in Italy. It doesn't make sense to offer alipay here since nobody is using it in Italy
Hey,

thanks for your message. As long as there are no locks on your account, you should have all those options that are common in Italy (Wire payment only from 5 000 EUR/USD/GBP and over).

Best regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
when buy it now is set at over $5000 and paypal option is not shown can buyers pay with paypal if they request it?
Hey,

thanks for your message. Currently it's not possible. Anything over $5000 must be paid by wire. Thanks for your input though. We appreciate the feedback very much.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
•••
•••
We've send you a PN.
Which means Privatnachricht or Private Nachricht (German) = PM in English.

Btw, NamePros only has DM.

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo the mixed payout methods have been recently removed. Sorry, but it is a downgrade. I for one prefer to receive (small) parking payouts via paypal, still being paid for domain sales by wire. Please restore this opportunity, most notably "pay < Eur XXX by paypal, otherwise by wire" setting. One would expect more flexibility with payments...
Hey,

thanks for your comment. We've send you a DM.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
we've send you a PN
Hi

it would be cool if you could answer some of these question publicly, as they could apply to everyone using certain nameservers.

btw: the green auction list sucks!
next time include domains with the words "green"

thanks

imo...

•••
Hi

it would be cool if you could answer some of these question publicly, as they could apply to everyone using certain nameservers.

btw: the green auction list sucks!
next time include domains with the words "green"

thanks

imo...
Hello,

thank you very much for your feedback.

Some issues need to be looked at individually to find a suitable solution. That is the reason why some questions are answered via DM.

On the topic of Green Domains Auction: Thank you for your honest input. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to take note of it.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
-

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

thank you very much for your feedback.

Some issues need to be looked at individually to find a suitable solution. That is the reason why some questions are answered via DM.

On the topic of Green Domains Auction: Thank you for your honest input. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to take note of it.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team
I agree question with nameservers is for public use. It is NOT an individual case, at whichever name in the world put your nameservers redirects to http that is not indexed by google and many browsers block. For a normal technician it is a matter of some seconds to correct it.

Btw agree for green auction, you should pick better names, i sent exact words like ecology, ecological, ecosystem etc that would sell probably and were not accepted

Last edited:
•••
Does the €60 minimum fee still apply or has it been scrapped altogether !?

•••
Do you have any plans to add 2FA to Sedo accounts? Would be good to have especially if using SedoMLS Premium.

Also, in the contact information on your Company Info page, I guess the final word should be "Germany", not "German":

1679833174030.png

Last edited:
•••
Does the €60 minimum fee still apply or has it been scrapped altogether !?
Hello,

If the domain sells through Sedo and is a Category 1 TLD, there is no minimum fee. If the domain sells through Sedo and is a Category 2 TLD, there is a minimum fee of 200 EUR/USD.

Exception: There is still a minimum fee of €60 for external transfers (if you bring your own buyer and only use the transfer service) and expiring domain auctions.

Here you can find more about the categories and the price list: https://sedo.com/uk/what-we-offer/price-list/#c4596

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Do you have any plans to add 2FA to Sedo accounts? Would be good to have especially if using SedoMLS Premium.

Also, in the contact information on your Company Info page, I guess the final word should be "Germany", not "German":

Show attachment 234536
Hello,

We appreciate your input and feedback. We also thank you for your watchful eye and attention.

We do not have a 2FA function currently setup, but we are aware of it, and we will make sure our customer are informed if and when it becomes available.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

If the domain sells through Sedo and is a Category 1 TLD, there is no minimum fee. If the domain sells through Sedo and is a Category 2 TLD, there is a minimum fee of 200 EUR/USD.

Exception: There is still a minimum fee of €60 for external transfers (if you bring your own buyer and only use the transfer service) and expiring domain auctions.

Here you can find more about the categories and the price list: https://sedo.com/uk/what-we-offer/price-list/#c4596

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team
Excuse my ignorance but what do you class as a category 1 TLD / category 2 TLD, there's no mention of them in your link !?

•••
Excuse my ignorance but what do you class as a category 1 TLD / category 2 TLD, there's no mention of them in your link !?
Hello,

There is nothing for you to apologize for.

You can find the list under "Selling Domains" by clicking on the blue "Minimum Fees for Domain Sales" area. (See the attachments)

Warm regards
Your Sedo Team

Attachments

• Screenshot1_Pricelist.PNG
    Screenshot1_Pricelist.PNG
    70.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot2_Pricelist.PNG
    Screenshot2_Pricelist.PNG
    90 KB · Views: 38
•••
Do you have a double-check in your system for Sedo system, prior to the buyer being able to actually pay for the domain? If not, would this be especially helpful?

Having BIN pricing on multiple platforms may increase the likelihood of a sale. This could be done with confidence using your marketplace and others, if Sedo does an immediate check with the registrar for the domain availability, prior to allowing the buyer to proceed with placing an order. That way, under the unlikely case that a sale has happened elsewhere shortly prior, duplicate sales can be avoided.

Does Sedo have this double check? Verifying the domain is still immediately available prior to sale? Or, if not, is this in the works? What about the Sedo MLS partners? Do they have this implemented as well?

Note that I will ask the question for Afternic as well on this forum, as there appears to be some confusion about the ability to have BIN on multiple marketplaces at the same time.

•••
Do you have a double-check in your system for Sedo system, prior to the buyer being able to actually pay for the domain? If not, would this be especially helpful?

Having BIN pricing on multiple platforms may increase the likelihood of a sale. This could be done with confidence using your marketplace and others, if Sedo does an immediate check with the registrar for the domain availability, prior to allowing the buyer to proceed with placing an order. That way, under the unlikely case that a sale has happened elsewhere shortly prior, duplicate sales can be avoided.

Does Sedo have this double check? Verifying the domain is still immediately available prior to sale? Or, if not, is this in the works? What about the Sedo MLS partners? Do they have this implemented as well?

Note that I will ask the question for Afternic as well on this forum, as there appears to be some confusion about the ability to have BIN on multiple marketplaces at the same time.
Hello,

Once you list domains for sale at Sedo, they need to be verified before they can be offered for sale. Only after the ownership has been verified, the domain can be listed for sale.

After that, sellers are responsible for keeping their portfolio up to date and accurate.

In case a seller wants to list domains on multiple platforms, it is even more important for them to have an updated portfolio and to remove domains which have been sold on other platforms.

In case you have a particularly large portfolio, our new bulk uploader is a useful feature for sellers: it makes it easy to organize and keep your portfolio up to date. You can find out more about the bulk uploader tool here: https://sedo.com/us/about-us/news-press/newsroom/sedo-releases-new-bulk-domain-uploader/

If keeping track of sold domains isn't possible at all, sellers should not list their domains as BIN on every platform, to avoid multiple purchase requests on various platforms. Using only one platform for BIN domains, and using Make Offer for others could be one option.

If the domain is listed as BIN, the seller is obligated to sell the domain to the first buyer who agrees to purchase the domain for the listed sales price. If it is listed as Make Offer, the seller has to accept the offer first, which offers some flexibility. This gives you the time to remove the domain and avoid an unwanted sale.

We do not double check with a seller if a domain still belongs to them prior to a payment. But we do have security checks and, of course, we do not pay out any seller prior to the domain changing ownership.

Kind regards
Your Sedo Team

Last edited:
•••

If a name is sold with BIN at a platform outside sedo, name will be still available for sale at sedo with BIN. Has to be removed manually as can be a duplicate sale and risk a marketplace account.

Last edited:
•••
Just switched some domains to Sedo name servers ns1/ns2 sedoparking.com

Some domains get a message 'This site can't provide a secure connection' !?

Others resolve to some weird site findsomethingonline .com

Most don't load at all !?

How long does it normally take to switch over after changing name servers, am I using the right name servers ?

•••
DEAR SEDO,

I have been a long time customer of Sedo (about 12 years).... and I just love SEDO!!! however, I have not used Sedo in over a year since I move my some 300 domains around, back and forth, to different parking and selling platforms.

I have an Efty account, which is really great! and Efty has this nifty integration function with Sedo, so now I can be listed on Efty and Sedo.... how cool is that! HAPPY DANCE!!!!

OOPS, but wait!!! Sedo is forcing me to list with 10-20 30 other companies!!! Gees I cannot keep track of where my domains are!

AND we """customers""" can not opt out of the MLS function.

I want control of when and where my domains are posted for sale.
I want choose who I do business with.

I am greatly disappointed and just totally upset..... beyond frustrated because we customers are now being forced into using Sedo's MLS function.... I do not want my domains listed elsewhere.

Sedo is forcing customers to take it or leave it.....
So now, I am very sad.

Please listen to your customers and give us a choice to opt out of the MLS function!

So I can do a BIG HAPPY DANCE and get to love SEDO and it's me bragging about how great SEDO is!!!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back