Dynadot

Sedo Direct Auction vs Flippa Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello to All

Does anyone know which auction platform attracts more end users - wanting to list a domain at no reserve and wanting to get the most out of it.

IMO its Sedo but your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Care to share the domain ?

•••
Hello to All

Does anyone know which auction platform attracts more end users - wanting to list a domain at no reserve and wanting to get the most out of it.

IMO its Sedo but your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Flippa is the best place if your going for no reserve.If u got a premium name you can go for premium listing at flippa.At last if you get good name buyer will come to you whether you list it on flippa,sedo or any other aftermarket.

•••
It really depends on the name if you want to go with no reserve but if you have a target price definitely put a reserve. Flippa will definitely make sense if you want to sell it now. With Sedo you might have to wait a while before you get any type of attention.

With Flippa you can do a 7 day auction or more and once the auction is over the domain should be sold. Just keep in mind the domain has to have some type of value it is not magic and not every domain you put up for sale will actually sell.

- Will

•••
Sedo, hands down. Just look at the 4L prices achieved at Sedo within the past week or so. Then compare to those at Flippa. IMO, not even close.

Even for domains that are not "short/liquid", Sedo over that other place.

I see you specified "end users" -- auction platforms don't attract end users to any great extent, IMHO. I'd be surprised and impressed if anyone can prove otherwise, however.

•••
Flippa for sure-cheaper, and more eyeballs.

Sedo paid auction costs multiple times more, and if unsold (as many end up being unsold), you cannot relist without having to pay that fee again. Flippa you can relist without having to pay again.

Just to note: Haven't used either for paid auctions- I'm basing my post on what I have seen happening.

•••
Thanks to all for your opinions. kevin I've just PM'ed you the domain.

•••
Does you guys put a limit on selling on flippa auction? Tx

•••
If it's an LLLL.com- don't use Flippa. Looking at the results.... you'd be better off at Godaddy or Sedo

Flippa looks like it is losing bidders/buyers-IMO. Thing's changing that fast?!

•••
If it's an LLLL.com- don't use Flippa. Looking at the results.... you'd be better off at Godaddy or Sedo

Flippa looks like it is losing bidders/buyers-IMO. Thing's changing that fast?!

Flippa is the place to look for good buys then. haha

Anyway, do weigh whether GoDaddy or Sedo can give higher results to at least compensate for the higher commission. GoDaddy charges 20% and Sedo charges 15% with a minimum commission of $60.

•••
I 100% agree Flippa is only a good place to buy.

•••
Flippa is the place to look for good buys then. haha

Anyway, do weigh whether GoDaddy or Sedo can give higher results to at least compensate for the higher commission. GoDaddy charges 20% and Sedo charges 15% with a minimum commission of $60.

Despite Godaddy/ Sedo having a higher commsion rate, the net proceeds may be higher as a result of more bidders/ bids at those platforms. Also important is that Sedo and Godaddy pays via Paypal Masspay, but with Flippa-you still need to take into account paypal fees (roughly 5%) after the 10% Flippa commision-which is roughly: 1- (0.9*0.95)= 14.5% in total fees. So now that Sedo and Flippa fees are similar-which one seems a better option for selling LLLL.com? Flippa is actually not such a low fee after all.

Then we can take it a step further, where Godaddy has even more buyers, and does not charge a cent upfront to hold an auction...

Based on that I'd choose Godaddy/Sedo mainly because they attract more buyers for LLLL.coms. Outcomes would be different depening on the llll.com itself.

•••
if you want to get "the most out of it", then don't list in an auction.

you can "list it" on sedo, make whois public and wait for offers

imo....

•••
Despite Godaddy/ Sedo having a higher commsion rate, the net proceeds may be higher as a result of more bidders/ bids at those platforms. Also important is that Sedo and Godaddy pays via Paypal Masspay, but with Flippa-you still need to take into account paypal fees (roughly 5%) after the 10% Flippa commision-which is roughly: 1- (0.9*0.95)= 14.5% in total fees. So now that Sedo and Flippa fees are similar-which one seems a better option for selling LLLL.com? Flippa is actually not such a low fee after all.

Then we can take it a step further, where Godaddy has even more buyers, and does not charge a cent upfront to hold an auction...

Based on that I'd choose Godaddy/Sedo mainly because they attract more buyers for LLLL.coms. Outcomes would be different depening on the llll.com itself.

The minimum commission of $60 for Sedo kills it for me for non-premium LLLL.com sales.

•••
Chinese LLLL.coms are selling for almost $1K here at NamePros. Seen few offers in that range.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back