IT.COM

sales Selling a 6 figure domain name – Rate.com for $725 000 by Kate Buckley

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

Some interesting info on this Podcast...worth listening too. (Yeah, Kate is easy on the eye :))

=============================================

How to sell a really valuable domain name like Rate.com.

kate-buckley.jpg

Kate Buckley just brokered the sale of Rate.com to GuaranteedRate.com for $725,000. In this episode of the Domain Name Wire Podcast, she explains her process for selling Rate.com, which should help you when you try to sell a valuable domain name.

Also: cheap domains, GoDaddy CMO change and new top level domains.

Listen to the Podcast Here:
http://domainnamewire.com/2016/06/0...n-kate-buckley-dnw-podcast-87-dnw-podcast-87/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Wasn't rate.com a domain from the Castello Brothers' portfolio?

As to "How to sell a really valuable domain name"...I guess it doesn't hurt if the domain broker is female and looks really hot :laugh:

Thanks,
Brandon

•••
Wasn't rate.com a domain from the Castello Brothers' portfolio?

As to "How to sell a really valuable domain name"...I guess it doesn't hurt if the domain broker is female and looks really hot :laugh:

Thanks,
Brandon

Bwhahahahwhahahahahah Spot on dude!

•••
I'm sure this will be unpopular, but my view is this name sold itself. Also, I think it's at least a 1.5M name.

Except, the (domain) times they are a-changin'.

•••
This is a good case study for those that picture themselves as one day being a big time domain broker. There is a very limited amount of 'Rate.com' domain names out there. And probably half or more of them are permanently out of the market.

It's so much easier to one day broker a $750k home real estate sale.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back