NameSilo

.tv Sesame.tv sold for $5,000!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sesame.tv sold at Sedo for $5,000!

Best,
A

Note: Not affiliate with sale in any way.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
:talk:

they are probably hoping for sesamestreet typo traffic

•••

Best,
A

Wow! For such a sh*t name that isn't even worth 1cent, that is truly an amazing sale!!

•••
I have sold sesame.tv

Yes I have sold sesame.tv at sedo.com

It was exclude sedo transfer fee.

Best,
A

Last edited:
•••
Wow! For such a sh*t name that isn't even worth 1cent, that is truly an amazing sale!!
Sesame is a very important crop. I'm sure there are other non-ag related end users, but this is what comes to mind first. It is far from insignificant.

•••
•••

It is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it... In this instance it was worth $5,000 = Great Sale.

•••
Wow! Great sale sometimes low quality Domain names go for high prices and viceversa :D

•••
While at face value it might seem difficult to imagine a video-oriented website about a spice or why someone would pay $5k for a keyword which isn't videocentric, perhaps we are missing something. There could be a rock group by that name or some startup chose that name and wanted the keyword. $5k for a company that really wants something isn't that much unless of course you run into someone who hates domain speculation and refuses to pay $50 for a domain. Now I could argue that eBet.com isn't that great of a domain as it isn't even an actual word. It is the type of domain in Spanish I was registering as a newbie several years ago. A few years later I let many of those newbie regs drop. But someone was willing to pay well over a million dollars for it. Congrats to RSchwartz for having the fortitude to turn down a one million dollar offer on a brandable domain...

•••
It is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it... In this instance it was worth $5,000 = Great Sale.

Exactly, it is worth what that one person is willing to pay for it & yes it was a great sale for this name, congrats to the seller. In the end of the day it comes down to luck because besides being lucky to have a buyer/enduser to pay that kind of money for this name, it doesn't have have any real value to the average person.

•••
...In the end of the day it comes down to luck because besides being lucky to have a buyer/enduser to pay that kind of money for this name, it doesn't have have any real value to the average person.
Like throwing a dart, whatever it lands on will most likely not have any value to the average person. The average person is also most likely not interested in what others think about their choices and not going to spend more than reg fee on a name.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back