Dynadot

Shady Merchants

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TRY

StrongPunch.comTop Member
Impact
I had read an article a little while back where a merchant was discussing their affiliate program. The merchant said an affiliate was sending him traffic that was converting very well. So what did he do? He lowered their commission. The affiliate continue to send traffic. The merchant confused by this again lowered commission. The merchant finds out that the affiliate is targeting the companies name as key words. So he lowered the Commission again and kept it there.
What if the affiliate was not targeting those keywords?
The merchant's behavior would have been very shady. The future of the Internet in my opinion is about direct relationships with advertisers, ecommerce sites, and directories with added value replacing search engines for the middle man. Problem is a lot of us are happy building shitty sites or parking our premium domains to make a few dollars. I can understand those that lack the resources, but what about those that don't. Soon the tide will turn and we will be in control. Just Sayin:) what's this have to do with affiliate programs, some are good, some are bad, and some really bad.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been cheated by many affiliate programs. We need an honest drop shipping option for domainers. We could make serious money if we could control the orders first hand, instead of having to depend on the merchant informing us that they got a sale.

•••
even with a blind drop ship program that lets you download their products and pictures to your website and use your own payment gateway. they may still try to steal your customers by including a flyer or advertisement with the order. Happened to me more than once.w.They say it is ten times more expensive to acquire the first customer than keep an existing one. Shady affiliate programs and drop shipping companies is one of the main reasons people have had no choice but to buy products from China to resell via Amazon and their own websites under their own private label. These affiliate programs and drop shippers hurt the honest ones out there as well as themselves in the long run.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back