NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
Kumquats are the future. :imo: China is the largest and most strategic Kumquat producer globally-basically controlling the supply of this delicacy to the rest the world. . If that doesn't tell you anything just yet, then read on and wise up!
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumquat_production_in_China"]Kumquat production in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It's tradition in my tiny village here in Africa, to celebrate the "becoming of a man" with Kumquat brew. Kinda like a beer. It's delish! :D

It is also used as a perfume for the bride on the day of her marriage so that she may smell of a divine scent.

Obviously, times have changed and people are trying to get in on this, and monetize it.

A bit far-fetched, but It could take the tech world by storm. I can see it already:
"NFC enabled Kumquats"
"Throw and pay"

"Shopping has never been this fun".

Forget abut hosting in the cloud... Host in the Kumquat!

Obviously, this kind of tech, if it ever takes off, has still a long way to go and things are not yet cast in stone, but it does fascinate me that Kumquats might actually be making such a huge comeback after all those years. I remember eating Kumquats off someones tree when I was a child. :guilty:

The Kumquat Diet

Kumquats contain less than a gram of fat per 100-gram serving, and they are also cholesterol free.
A 100-gram serving of kumquats contains about 16 grams of carbs.
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutritional-value-kumquats-1382.html

Lot's of potential with this fruit.

What are your thoughts?

I looked up Kumquat(s) and Cumquat(s).com but it seems like other people took control of this niche years ago.

What are your thoughts on Kumquats, and the potential of the fruit for dieting purposes?

If you have any kumquat domains (or trees. this is a discussion thread after all) please feel free to post.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

FS of Name Administration owns the "C" version.

Zumquat is now on the Brands Z site.

:)

•••
don't forget to reg some catquat domains - looks to be the real winner

[ame="http://youtu.be/_Nf5x57nfng"]http://youtu.be/_Nf5x57nfng[/ame]

•••
don't forget to reg some catquat domains - looks to be the real winner

http://youtu.be/_Nf5x57nfng

That cat was so minimalist that I thought he was stuffed.

When that kumquat rolled off his head, I just about jumped out of my chair.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

If it Works for Watermelons, Why Not Kumquats?

Fruit is HOT! HOT! HOT!

http://fragerfactor.blogspot.com/2012/06/david-kesmodel-on-watermelons-frank.html

:)

Last edited:
•••
See how much fun we can have when we all just get along. :wave:

Thanks for the cleanup Ray, and all you quatkummers, keep it up.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Last edited:
•••
I just received a mid X,XXX offer for Kumquat.TV

I'm holding out until the niche takes off.

•••
kumquat on its own sounds like a cool brandable

•••
•••
g
e
s
t
u
r
e
k
u
m
q
u
a
t
c
o
m

•••
Rumor has it the parent company, Kumquats of America, inc. know about this thread and will be sending a Cease & Desist to NP ceasing all further postings, claiming the satire within this thread is discriminatory and is damaging the unimposing Kumquat's reputation and diluting their annual donations. They will start UDRP proceedings tomorrow against those in this thread who have boasted purchasing domains using the Marked term Kumquat.

•••
KumTini.com is still avail, lol

buyKumquat - avail

Kumquatrecipe - taken

iKumquat - prem

eKumquat - prem

e and i - both as premium listings! not too expensive either...yet

Jeez I was too busy designing a wearable kumquat suit - and someone regged two domains I had on my kumquat list

ikumquat
ekumquat

I feel sick to my stomach that I lost these :td: congrats to the new owner and may the kumquat be with you.

•••
Jeez I was too busy designing a wearable kumquat suit - and someone regged two domains I had on my kumquat list

ikumquat
ekumquat

I feel sick to my stomach that I lost these :td: congrats to the new owner and may the kumquat be with you.

akumquat.com
okumquat.com
ukumquat.com

Are available.

i and e domains were king once but we've broadened now as the kids are quite happy typing in other vowels.

•••
KumquatKonspiracy.com and KumquatWealthManagement.com are already taken.

MAN, I'm always too late in on the new trends. Guess I missed the boat on this one, too. :(

•••
•••
So I have looked at the .com zone file and at least one one kumquat domain has been registered since yesterday:

KUMQUATRECIPE.COM

Congrats to the forward-looking domainer who snatched this gem :bingo:

This is another sign that the market is definitely warming up as investors are eagerly exploring the kumquat namespace :talk:

•••
Apparently all this has been sparked by a five-figure sale of a kumquat domain name last week, but it is covered by an NDA so we don't get to know what it was. Maybe domainnamewire will do some detective work and figure it out for us.

These domains also benefit from excellent type-in traffic from people looking for the chewable drug called khat.

There are also unconfirmed rumours that the next Apple operating system will be called Kumquat or Kumkat, due to a hidden clause in Steve Job's will.

•••
is this thread supposed to be a joke?

Last edited:
•••
•••

and here come the haters :lol: don't be hating on the kumquat 8^X

:p

I regged 5 kumquat domains yesterday gd code " gsgwvg$099 "
all submitted to great domain auctions - for the worlds biggest kumquat auction.

I've got my kumquats crossed on this niche!! thanks OP for starting this thread - Traffic has skyrocketed over night.

•••
and here come the haters :lol: don't be hating on the kumquat 8^X

:p

Lol. I second that. The kumquat did nothing but good for my peoples.

I believe that it can do good for the modern world too.

I regged 5 kumquat domains yesterday gd code " gsgwvg$099 "
all submitted to great domain auctions - for the worlds biggest kumquat auction.

I've got my kumquats crossed on this niche!! thanks OP for starting this thread - Traffic has skyrocketed over night.

Thanks FX-but it was only right that I share this niche with all my friends.

All the best with the Great Domains auction, FX!

There will be fierce competition if you letting go of your premium Kumquat domains so early in the game. :imho:

I have my eye on a Kumquat domain... I just hope the owner doesn't find out about this niche.

•••
I have my eye on a Kumquat domain... I just hope the owner doesn't find out about this niche.

you should pull the trigger on it - as theres a huge expo conference happening right now at my walmart.

surely he/she will see this niche - all one has to do is type in kumquat domains in google and it leads you here...

btw guy's don't reg kumquatdomains.com :kickass:
as I'm gonna reg that once I get home from work....anyone got a good $1 gd code please

•••
you should pull the trigger on it - as theres a huge expo conference happening right now at my walmart.

The Kumquat Revolution has begun!

First at the walmart, then at the Ritz Carlton! :$:

You are right. I will contact the owner now. Let me not be the one who regrets not buying the name, and then 6 months later see the reported sale on DNJournal:

"Largest Domain Sale of the Year: It's a fruity year!"

surely he/she will see this niche - all one has to do is type in kumquat domains in google and it leads you here...

btw guy's don't reg kumquatdomains.com :kickass:
as I'm gonna reg that once I get home from work.

That's true. But maybe he is a member here-so it could be easier. It's parked at the moment. :D

Before you can get home, someone might reg and developed the domain, and already processing Kumquat domain sales.

•••

was laughing so hard didn't realize it wasn't the breakroom.
talk about breaking down borders, just to get the kumkwat fruit...
funny, heard that name 40 years ago...huh - who'd da thunk
they would have just figured out there is money to be made
off the backs of eager domainers :lol:

wonder if we should start a Showcase thread about the wind..no no
how about the sky - no wait, I got it - brain farts - yeah, that's the one ;)
pfffft

•••
who'd da thunk
they would have just figured out there is money to be made
off the backs of eager domainers :lol:

You raise an important viewpoint. I've been asking myself this over the years at NP relating to showcase threads.

If the Kumquat industry had reg'd domains back then, then we would be out of names to reg. Maybe they decide to use a brandable name instead of using the keyword in their domain name.

Many end-users have branded themselves using the term "Kumquat"-it's a relatively good amount judging from my research.

Last edited:
•••
wonder if we should start a Showcase thread about the wind..no no
how about the sky - no wait, I got it - brain farts - yeah, that's the one ;)
pfffft

Didn't we discuss "Sharts" in another thread?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back