Domain Empire

Slow Start, Please help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Everyone,
I recently Started a small web design company. We developed a few web design packages that are a good value I think. I also started optimizing the site for Google,and signed up for w3exit but the times are rough now. I need few marketing ideas to jump start the business. How did you do it? Best Regards,
Michael

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your web packages & hosting seems very high -

As far as starting out goes, The web design market is very competitive so you have been warned. I think a lot of people starting a website think they can just throw one up and be successful. (not you personally just people in general).
The fact is that when youre starting out youre just another site stuck with the other billions of sites with absolutely nothing.
Perhaps you could focus on a smaller market like US cities.
Advertise in your city to get things going also for now.
in the mean time..
Write tons of articles/content and make sure they will get index properly.. dont forget tons of links.
write articles for other sites and have people link to you maybe?
Newsletter? Mailing list? forums? Create mulitple sites and do the same as above in different markets?

But really this is a tough market
Good luck

•••
You are way overpriced my friend. I would suggest that you cut your prices in half and then offer a little more per package. You will make a lot more money that way. You know it's almost always better to have quantity when it comes to web design. because you may not make as much per job but you will make up for it in referals. Just a little advice.

•••
yeah. those prices are way to high.

•••
$1500 for a personal plan, even with hosting, is much more than anyone is likely to pay.

•••
While this may not quite fit your business, my friend owns a fairly successful web-design site. To get it started, he created free layout for several really large sites, and just asked that they put a link at the bottom to his site. Well, it worked and he started getting orders :)

•••
Great point wesley don't be afraid to give a little to recieve a lot for instance if you donate your services to a nonprofit you can get tax relief along with a lot of referals and build your portfolio. It's a win win situation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back