Dynadot

Snaps: Multiple Services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Guys,

I just registered with ExpireFish.com to monitor a name i want that's in its redemption period. It is now being monitored by them, but when I go to cheapSnaps.com to search for the same URL's (monitoring) availablility, it is available?!?

What happens if two snap serivces are hunting the same name? Who gets it first?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello lsorhus,

The big snap dropping service is snapnames. If one of their affiliates put a snap on a domain name, this domain name is no longer available for snaps to other affiliates/customer.

Other services such as godaddy, enom, fly and many other used their own database.

Regarding who gets first?
Their connection to the main registry will speak for themselves.

So you if you really wanted to get that specific name, put a snaps to snapnames (or it's partner), godaddy and others.

Yeah, you will have to spend some money to register this domain to these dropping services. Don't worry, october is coming for WLS. For more information about the WLS, visit www.verisign.com website and find out more about it.

Hope this help,
TW

•••
Nice post, TheWatcher!
Thanks and have a great weekend. :)

•••
•••
Yes, thanks TheWatcher you were very helpful.

But I dont see how the WLS is different from snaps, you can still only snap the domain after the "registry hold/deletion" period?

•••
I think what you're missing is that Verisign practically runs the registry, who do you think would have a better chance grabbing the name? :)

•••
Originally posted by lsorhus
Yes, thanks TheWatcher you were very helpful.

But I dont see how the WLS is different from snaps, you can still only snap the domain after the "registry hold/deletion" period?

You don't have to wait until a domain is in the deletion process before snapping it.

On a side note: I think I could live with WLS if there were restrictions as to when a Back-order could be placed.

Maybe something like not being able to back-order until it hits the Reg hold or Redemption Period stage, might give us little guys a better chance of grabbing some decent names.

As it stands now (if implemented) the big players with deep pockets will snap the best names the first day.

•••
Heh...u mean people like CH and RJ :)

•••
Most likely though as user/retail you have the chance to buy the domain in decent (cheap) price.

TW

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back