Domain Empire

Sold my 1st Geo without working it

Spaceship
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
I have sold a few from various listing sites within a few days of my email marketing, so most likely it was my effort and they just felt more comfortable going thru a reputable site. Finally sold one today without any marketing from me.

2 days ago, by chance I happened to look in my sold auction section on godaddy and there was this domain that said "on hold for buyer", so I googled it and found out that meant it was in his cart but he had not bought it yet.

After an hour it disappeared and then 2 days later I got an offer thru Afternic. It was listed BIN for $350 on GD Premium and $395 on Afternic. He offered $100, so of course I knew it was the same guy.

I said $325, he said $175, I said $300 and he said $250 and I wimped out and took it instead of going $275 or so which he would likely pay but just in case, I didn't want to lose my 1st Afternic sale.

Still fine, I paid around $20 and paid Afternic $50, so clear $180 for no work at all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And the story gets better. The day after the sale, I checked the whois and with the non private info ran a check and found he owned over 4000 domains! So he is a domainer and not an end user business owner.

So I emailed him with the whois email since I had no contact info for him from the Afternic transaction, and told him I had 3 other domains for that same city, which is the city where he lives.

He bought 2 of them!

•••
•••
Quoted price $250 and $150, he paid $350 for both. One I had worked recently with no response and the other I wasn't really sure if there was a good market for.

•••
Especially since one of the 2nd ones I picked up for $0.99 on ebay as the opening and only bidder, if you could believe that. On a 2 word city 1st.

•••
Congrats! I try to keep my names listed with the same price across all marketplaces. that way no matter where they go, they will be paying me the same price.

•••
Congrats and thanks for sharing the details of the sale...

•••
•••
Nicely done dude! Well played :)

•••
Thanks everyone. I was going to have another great story to tell about someone buying 4 domains from me on godaddy premium and that being a record day, but 12 hours later he returned 2 of them for who knows what reason and that sucked. lol

Still sold 2 at $395 each minus godaddy cut. It was from an email campaign where I listed 4 similar domains for sale and it was a big company. I will probably wait till dust settles on the 2 sales and then try to contact them and see if we can work something out on the 2 they returned.

•••
•••
Congrats.
Those always feel good

•••
Congrats! Maybe a hint what type of geo/niche that was?

•••
City + GlassRepair dot com

Thanks for sharing, feels motivated as I am having same type of domain, exactly same. Hoping for best offers end users :)

•••
Congrats thanks for sharing !!!

•••
•••
And the story gets better. The day after the sale, I checked the whois and with the non private info ran a check and found he owned over 4000 domains! So he is a domainer and not an end user business owner.

So I emailed him with the whois email since I had no contact info for him from the Afternic transaction, and told him I had 3 other domains for that same city, which is the city where he lives.

He bought 2 of them!

Great going...so at what price this other two names were sold ?

Thanks for motivating us..

•••
Quoted price $250 and $150, he paid $350 for both. One I had worked recently with no response and the other I wasn't really sure if there was a good market for.

Thanks for sharing the details..Nice ROI

•••
Especially since one of the 2nd ones I picked up for $0.99 on ebay as the opening and only bidder, if you could believe that. On a 2 word city 1st.

Awesome...

•••
Do you mind pming the city if you dont want to disclose it here in public pls

He bought 2 of them!

Do you mind sending me PM about the city, if you dont want to disclose it here in public pls

•••
•••
•••
•••
Nice story and good luck!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back