domains Some newly discovered domain name sales including Gold.io and Crypto.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
So I was checking out some of the history of sales on CryptoExchange.com. This is found by clicking the view successful transactions link on the home page. So playing around with different filters I came across some interesting domain name sales not reported on Namebio. …

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you, it's very insightful.

•••
What are the odds both @equity78 and @GeorgeK unearthed ⛏️ GOLD 🪙 domain sales details this month!!!

Load Up Gold Rush GIF by Discovery

https://www.namepros.com/threads/in...-that-included-gold-coms-domain-name.1325925/

Last edited:
•••
I've not looked at those particular transactions in any detail, but in general one should also check that transactions are at arm's length, to determine if they are worth reporting. Even within SEC filings that I go through, there are cases where the buyer was associated with the seller (e.g. owner/manager/shareholder, etc.), so the deal isn't worthy of being reported.

With crypto, there is widespread "wash trading" going on, so one should be extra cautious to make sure that the deals are actually at arm's length.

I've not checked the ones that have reported on in this instance, but if someone has the time they should go through the historical WHOIS, etc., to make sure, otherwise folks can end up being misled about the state of the real market. With crypto, a lot of parties want anonymity, which makes this much harder, obviously.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back