NameSilo

Someday Flippa will add a Make Offer.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Templr

Top Member
Impact
No, I haven't just given my clairvoyant aunt a visit ;) This is just pure optimism.

Way back when ebay added a Make Offer it changed the landscape of the platform (for the better).

And I feel this would benefit both parties, buyers and sellers.

Here's the post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Howie Nice post. Just so I am clear...

On eBay, the Make Offer button is for non-auction (BIN) listings. We *do* have that capability as well.

Or are you suggesting that auction listings have a CTA where a buyer can make a BIN offer?

Would love to discuss...

•••
Hey Kevin @FlippaDomains Great to hear from you. Yes that's true on eBay it is as you stated.

Is there a Make Offer on Flippa? Pleeeease let me know.

Maybe the auction listings could have a BuyNow with a MakeOffer, but maybe just the later two as in eBay.

Have you thought about adding this? Thanks for your time.

•••
•••
Yeah, I see where you're coming from Kevin.

TBH I didn't even look into the classified ads which is the second example right?

My query or thought was behind names that are in auction.
Again, in my world an auction starts from A and finishes at B. But auctions listings could have a MAKE OFFER too. What do you think? This is forgetting about the classified pages, just auction listings.

•••
Absolutely, and interesting suggestion. We had an old colleague of ours who was really excited about this idea a couple of years back; he called it a hybrid auction (basically, sellers could accept bids and offers concurrently).

I'm just not entirely sure how this would work, though. On one hand - I do like it because, if you are a buyer, you want to cut the BS and just acquire something. Sellers appreciate that "first come, first serve" nature.

On the other hand: how, in your mind, does this differ from triggering the BIN while an auction is running?
(right now, buyers can PM the seller to request a BIN and the seller sets it, and that's pretty much the same thing, right?)

•••
are you working on adding BIN to your currently makeoffer only sale landers?

•••
It's a totally different psychology to Buy Now. The Make Offer embeds a permit to call and end the auction.

Sure, I'm aware of the PM but it takes task. A buy now call to action could eliminate that. ;)

•••
@alcy Yes, we're working on many more improvements for the sales pages.

@Howie I agree, it cuts to the chase. I hope I can get some progress on adding it.

•••
@FlippaDomains That would be great if it comes to fruition. Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back