Dynadot

Suspended on Afternic - We can't tell you why

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoodKindName

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,
I'm pretty frustrated right now, please let me share the story.

I was trying to log in to my Afternic account 4 days ago just to change prices on a few domains and the message a got is "Your account is suspended, please contact customer service."

So I called Afternic and they told me to send them an e-mail regarding this. I sent it.

Today, since it's been more than 4 days since my e-mail, I decided to call them again and asked to look into the problem. This is exactly what the support said:

"It is not possible to provide any reasons why this had happened, this is a permanent decision, it's not possible for us to reinstate it"
I was shocked.

Someone might say a completely sensible thing like: "There should be something wrong you've done, such a decision can't be made for no reason".

But the thing is I absolutely cannot understand what wrong I have done during these 8 months I've been at Afternic.

All I was doing is uploading my domains there and buying from other sellers. When a sale happened on another platform I instantly deleted this domain from Afternic as I should. I also successfully bought and transferred a couple of domains there. A few purchases were unsuccessful either because they "couldn't verify the seller" or no reason was given. That's it, I can't remember absolutely anything wrong that I've done on Afternic.

I find this completely outrageous and frustrating, I don't know what to do and who to contact about it...

Can anyone help me understand what my behavior should be in this situation? What would you do?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LOL, your answer tells me that you probably already know why Afternic suspended your account.
I can understand why you have this attitude. But this is no more than my privacy preference. I'm pretty sure there are many Namepros members who prefer not to disclose their country. As I said, many domainers from around here use Afternic, and I wasn't able to find any mentions of bans due to the country. Whatever the reason, should we guess it? I know I've done nothing wrong and want to hear the reason for suspension from Afternic as I'm sure you would too if you were in my position.

•••
@Joe Styler may have a thousand reasons to clarify why they banned you, they may wrongly allege you for things you never did as in my case.

But GoDaddy doesn't work in the interests of the buyers. You are probably also banned from their entire aftermarket by the way, not just Afternic ;)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/got-perma-banned-from-godaddy-auctions-for-no-reason.1186068/

If it was one case I would say, there was a reason but if several users are complaining of unexplained bans -- GoDaddy has a problem, @Paul Nicks all we need is a clarification on this matter why you are not giving a single chance to discuss the matter and clarify things.

To Godaddy: Banning users randomly without clarification or with wrong allegations (yes Joe Styler made a wrong allegation against me publicly) to protect your interests isn't the best idea. We need more transparency, only criminal have things to hide, I raised my voice because I didn't break a single ToS on your platform, but still got banned and my money was never refunded, a good way to steal user funds! Nice way to operate!

But... they won't bother, they don't care about smaller domainers :)

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
•••
I can understand why you have this attitude. But this is no more than my privacy preference. I'm pretty sure there are many Namepros members who prefer not to disclose their country. As I said, many domainers from around here use Afternic, and I wasn't able to find any mentions of bans due to the country. Whatever the reason, should we guess it? I know I've done nothing wrong and want to hear the reason for suspension from Afternic as I'm sure you would too if you were in my position.

many keep their countries private... but few post specific issues like yours..nobody judges where u live.. just trying to get to bottom of your problem... there were cases b4 of companies banning people quicker based on locations because of higher risks of scams etc.. like paying more for insurance cause your in certain areas etc

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
For people interested, here's what happened in my case and they (@Joe Styler ) brought all sorts of wrong allegations against us.
Never deal with GoDaddy or, you will be left to regret forever

https://www.namepros.com/threads/got-perma-banned-from-godaddy-auctions-for-no-reason.1186068/

Never do business with GoDaddy. Choose community-oriented and good domain registrars like @epik and @Dynadot

Cheers

sorry to hear of issues.
but not doing biz with gd is depriving yerself of biggest market and sale or buy venue.

I know u mean well but yer advice is not optimal. very few people have problems with gd on the total millions scale .. like bad deals with PayPal... it's just that its always the bad few that make front pages...cause well for the smooth ones there is exactly nothing to say.

so I would advise.. never deprive yerself of biggest market dealings. and always consider the 99.9% smooth dealings and accents...not the few with issues...this applies to all.. epik..ebay. gd...paypal.. people tend to forget it's always the bad few deals that make front pages and hate websites

•••
so I would advise.. never deprive yerself of biggest market dealings. and always consider the 99.9% smooth dealings and accents...not the few with issues...this applies to all.. epik..ebay. gd...paypal.. people tend to forget it's always the bad few deals that make front pages and hate websites

I see a lot of not-so smooth dealings every now and then. The worst part is they are very unwilling to offer you support when you legitimately in need of it. I have been using GoDaddy since nearly a decade back and bought my first domain with them. But... account terminated without reason and then a company rep trying to save their *** (whatever) by blaming me of something I never did in the first place.

I see problems with GoDaddy every now and then and extremely poor support from their end - https://www.namepros.com/threads/po...l-godaddy-investigate-help-so-far-no.1178506/

Agreed they have a big market share but its not impossible to do business without them, especially since the company operates in a very suspicious way and refuses to clarify a situation like this and doesn't want to help you as a customer. If you deal with GoDaddy you risk losing your money because they can -
  • ban you on a whim without clarification nor warning and refuse to do business with you. because they are the BOSS
  • sell stolen domains to you and refuse to offer support to you. because they hold a great market share and are the LEADER.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back