NameSilo

Techical site not converting well

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am affiliated with an old website on the topuc of computer system bios/beep codes/diagnostics etc. Lots of inbound links and great search engine placement, yielding a few thousand visitors per day. I have a lot of plans for modernizing the site, but just put some adsense ads on it a few months back to let it at least start generating some revs in the interim.
However, the conversion has been really bad... on a typical day, clickthroughs are around .1% or even less, and often generates less than 20 cents in a day.
With this much traffic and on such a narrow topic, Im sure I can find some aff products or the "right" offer for our visitors, but I haven't found out what this would be yet. Thought I'd see if you guys might have any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Technical site attracts tech related visitors who usually do not click ads much.
I have similar site and it gets about 1% CTR for adsense.

•••
Yeah I would expect pretty low clickthroughs, but this site is ridiculously low. but in any case, since system bios is such a narrow topic, Im guessing I'll need to get inside the mind of the typical visitor and try to find some solutions to offer them. I think another problem might be that a large % of vistitors are foreign, so Im not even sure how many can read english...

•••
You should try changing the ads position/type. Even for a tech site..you should get around 2% if you put good ads

•••
Computer geek site visitors suck.

You want good CPC and CPM? AV people. I have an audio speaker site that churns well, and a site about TV signals that makes $7/mo with zero promotion and no content updates.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back