IT.COM

The best way to promote your domains....and domain transactions.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is the best way to promote your domains? I found a site domainguru.com and he says the best way is not at all. Let them find you. And that if you promote your domains for sale you appear too "eager" to the buyer and you won't get the best price. Also, what is the best way(and easiest) way to do a domain name transaction when you sell a domain to assure you don't lose your domain without getting paid? By the way, has anyone purchased domaingurus book, if so....what did you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Register famous names
2. Point them to buns.com
3. Wait for a C&D letter while you reap $$$
4. Once C&D arrives tell them the name is for sale: price is $1,200

If they threaten with UDRP, don't budge as it will cost them $1,500 + lawyers' fees.

Good luck!

•••
•••
You Go TimeChange!!! That is the ticket - (HA HA)
Hestheman - If you seek to agressively market anything online, including domain names, you must do just that - Market Them - Domain Guru does not have a clue as to what the real domains industry is all about. How do you be come a Guru in three easy steps is probaly the book they should have written. What a joke!!! Do a look up on Google or Yahoo for the top 10 or 20 companies that follow the keywords in your domain name and go get them. Write them an email, call them, stop and visit them if possible, explain to them why they need your domain name. Go after 25 to maybe secure 2-3 that have a true interest in your domain and then start the deal. If in doubt about payment and transfers - Start all transactions at ESCROW.Com and it will be very simple. Best of luck!!!

•••
Originally posted by URLCollection
You Go TimeChange!!! That is the ticket - (HA HA)
Hestheman - If you seek to agressively market anything online, including domain names, you must do just that - Market Them - Domain Guru does not have a clue as to what the real domains industry is all about. How do you be come a Guru in three easy steps is probaly the book they should have written. What a joke!!! Do a look up on Google or Yahoo for the top 10 or 20 companies that follow the keywords in your domain name and go get them. Write them an email, call them, stop and visit them if possible, explain to them why they need your domain name. Go after 25 to maybe secure 2-3 that have a true interest in your domain and then start the deal. If in doubt about payment and transfers - Start all transactions at ESCROW.Com and it will be very simple. Best of luck!!!

Nice post!
Thanks, Steve. :)

•••
Thanks guys......some good tips URL. I am just a beginner but I had actually already thought of what you recommended and tried it a while back. I guess patience is the key. good to know i'm on the right track at least.

•••
Originally posted by URLCollection
Start all transactions at ESCROW.Com and it will be very simple. Best of luck!!!

Please follow this advice. You can use PayPal for smaller transactions, but anything over 200, use escrow.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back