The .CN Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
.cn -- Help

Hi Guy's,

I need to know are .cn a good investment?

I own some .asia and also looking at .hk for names but what about .cn?

Are they best developed? Parked? Where does the traffic come from and is it steady?

Love to hear all thoughts and what type of names to invest in?

Regards and Thanks in Advance,

Rob :notme:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are many domainers in China putting investment in *CN names. I also have more than 10000 *CN names myself. Most of the western international companies have *CN names for their Chinese language sites.

*CN names mainly are four types: *.CN; *.COM.CN(for companies, see lenovo.com.cn, toshiba.com.cn, ibm.com.cn, etc.); *.NET.CN; *.ORG.CN(for organization).

I had posted some detailed description ABOUT *CN name in DNF before but forgot the url, you can check them out in there.

Good luck!

•••
hellow,IM chinese.

The .cn domain is a low price in china
1RMB(0.13$/one year)

In China,a large company use .cn.
because chinese is late to contact com/net and other domain .
The com resouse is poor , It take a large money if buy one domain from overseas.
so
I have about one thousand .cn. because is a low price.
The market is large.because china is devoloping.

•••
Any suggestions on the best/cheapest place to register .cn names for an english speaker?

•••
I hope its o.k to add a few more questions I have about the .cn

which one do u think is a better investment (regardless the price) .com.cn or .cn ?

where is the best place to register these two extensions?

where can I find how many .cn and .com.cn names were registered so far?

thanks!

Last edited:
•••
www.ename.com maybe the best place. but i don't know what currency they accept there. for chinese people they accept Chinese currency RMB.

pm me if you like to buy some *CN names:)
good luck!

•••
Thanks, ename looks good but I can't find a price list anywhere, can you tell me how much a .cn or .com.cn costs to reg there?

Also please pm your list of .cn for sale :)

•••
.cn will sale more easily in China ,
it's sale not so easy if in USA and UK

Good luck!

:gn:

WeeksNevin

%%- %%-

•••
Timewarp said:
Thanks, ename looks good but I can't find a price list anywhere, can you tell me how much a .cn or .com.cn costs to reg there?

Also please pm your list of .cn for sale :)

Well,
I noticed that they are charging $9.99/yr for .cn names, which is ridiculous.

Source: http://www.ename.com/login.jsp

FYI: The following registrars are the cheapest registrars (with English interface), IMO.

iDotz.net - $1.95/Yr

Dynadot - $1.99/Yr

Reps appreciated! :)

BTW, if you are interested in prime .CN names or prime IDN .tv names, PM me.

•••
Anyone know any top sales... say $500+ for .cn?

Would love to see a list if possible.

Cheers!

•••
mwzd said:

Cheers!

yes, sold presens.com.cn in sedo.com. price was higher than that. but not every *CN names can be such a price.
:sold:

•••
mwzd said:

Cheers!

quote many China domainers sold out .cn $500+, some even reach &10000+

.Cn is more and more popular and it do a good investment

•••
rosa said:
quote many China domainers sold out .cn $500+, some even reach &10000+
Can you give some examples please.

Like which names, where were they sold, to whom and for how much.

Vague generalisations don't really help.

•••
mwzd said:
Can you give some examples please.

Like which names, where were they sold, to whom and for how much.

Vague generalisations don't really help.

Well, some reference case:
organicfoods.cn was sold $11100 (Sedo )
shopall.com.cn was sold $3800
valuephone.cn was sold $1000 (sedo)
vpsx.com.cn was sold $1000 (sedo)

•••
Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Any other sales would be welcome too.

Cheers!

•••
mwzd said:
Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Any other sales would be welcome too.

Cheers!

:) i know much more sales, some domainers can sell out at least one domains at sedo everyday, because they have so many domains on hand.

I just got about 5000+ .cn domains. This week, i received inquires from end users about one call or email everyday. But not easy to reach an agreement, most failed :(

But indeed, .CN is a good investment, because for its cheap register price. I register about 50 domains per day these days, and decided to register more domains.

Well, anyone who are interested in .Cn domain names could contact me by MSN or PM here to discuss and exchange ideas. Welcome :)

•••
.Cn domain names

Are there anyone interested in .Cn domain names or invested in .Cn domain names ?

•••
I think you will find there is some interest, but not very strong interest. I have a few .cn domains, but I have purchased them for domain parking income and not for investment, because the resale of the domains, at least in the US marketplace is very, very low. It is not just .cn domains, but also others as well

•••
dot cn is difficult to locate nice name or keyword, almost everything is register now ...

•••
SonnyCooL said:
dot cn is difficult to locate nice name or keyword, almost everything is register now ...
yes, you are right, It's reported recently that about 12.2M .cn have been regged and keep growing in about 0.4M per month.

•••
i have a few hand regged in idotz.net

•••
nielsencl said:
I think you will find there is some interest, but not very strong interest. I have a few .cn domains, but I have purchased them for domain parking income and not for investment, because the resale of the domains, at least in the US marketplace is very, very low. It is not just .cn domains, but also others as well

Thanks .Yes, i found there's hardly people talk about .Cn domain names even though it is now stands atop the list of the ccltd domain names. I found people here talk much more about .in domain names.

I wondered why you purchased just for domain parking? In my opinion, i found .cn don't have much traffic, and the Sedo block traffic from China. But the resell price is not bad. Because more and more international companies will open offices in China, they have the need of .Cn domain names.

The advantages for .Cn domain names is the registered price is quite cheap, and the China market is rather big which most of companies interested in this big market.

The .Cn resources is becaming more and more less, but there still have the opportunities.

SonnyCooL said:

But .dot.Cn has .Cn; .Com.Cn;.Net.Cn; Org.Cn major four kinds of domain names. Compared with .com, there still have much resources....

weblord said:
i have a few hand regged in idotz.net

Great, could you pls show some of them ?

•••
rosa said:
Thanks .Yes, i found there's hardly people talk about .Cn domain names even though it is now stands atop the list of the ccltd domain names. I found people here talk much more about .in domain names.

I wondered why you purchased just for domain parking? In my opinion, i found .cn don't have much traffic, and the Sedo block traffic from China. But the resell price is not bad. Because more and more international companies will open offices in China, they have the need of .Cn domain names.

The advantages for .Cn domain names is the registered price is quite cheap, and the China market is rather big which most of companies interested in this big market.

The .Cn resources is becaming more and more less, but there still have the opportunities.

But .dot.Cn has .Cn; .Com.Cn;.Net.Cn; Org.Cn major four kinds of domain names. Compared with .com, there still have much resources....

Great, could you pls show some of them ?

i think most buyer is really buy the name for park or pure investment cause of CHina huge population and strong economy grow ....
Everyone is expect dot cn will be something like dot com today in the future 10 year ....

•••
With they type of domain parking that I do, it doesn't matter what the extension is, so if I can buy domains very cheap, like the $0.99 .infos, I don't have to make too much money from parking to have the domain pay for itself, or make a small profit. A non-US ccTLD can still get US traffic. While the parking services mostly block or do not pay for non-US traffic, my parked domains get enough US traffic so that it works.

Perhaps you and I should discuss a partnership? It sounds like you have a market for selling .cn domains and I do not, since I am based in the US. Thank you for your nice PM, by the way. :) I will be contacting you about registering domains and what we have talked about here.

•••
The .cn Surpasses .de

per sedo newsletter:

China’s .cn now stands alone atop the list of the largest country code Top-Level Domain (ccTLDs) in the world.

By Joe Palombo, Key Accounts Manager / Transfer Consultant

China’s .cn now stands alone atop the list of the largest country code Top-Level Domain (ccTLDs) in the world. It has shot past Germany (.de) at an alarming rate, with between 400,000 and 500,000 registrations occurring per month. With this extraordinary growth, the only Top-Level Domain ( TLD) that exceeds .cn is the omnipresent .com TLD.

The extreme growth in the .cn ccTLD can be attributed to the recent move into the international spectrum, as opposed to being restricted solely to China. Prior to this shift in capacity, .cn domain names were only allowed to be registered by businesses with a physical presence in the country of China. Now, the.con domains are open to the rest of the world, creating heavy demand for .cn domains on a global level.

Today, China accounts for nearly a fifth of the World’s internet use, an estimated 56 million users. Within the next 2 years, it is expected that China will account for a solid 25% of the total internet use around the globe. Allowing any international business to register a .cn under this new liberalized policy will most definitely serve as a catalyst in this predicted rise of internet use.

With China’s recent accession into the World Trade Organization (WTO), the .cn will allow international businesses to establish market share in China’s flourishing overseas economy, giving these businesses the opportunity to gain access to a new, highly targeted demographic of Chinese consumers.

The Chinese economy is moving full speed ahead toward achieving supreme accessibility. Now is an ideal time for brands all over the world to invest in China’s strong and thriving marketplace with the purchase of .cn domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back