NameSilo

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
When I lived there as a kid, travelled all over Europe. Great part about Germany, it's so close to other countries. One Summer, woke up and had breakfast in Germany, lunch in Italy, dinner at 10PM in Barcelona Spain. 3 countries, different languages, cultures etc, just in 1 day. Here in the US, can drive all day, just wind up in another state.

Did go back twice in my 20's. Once for my grandmothers funeral. Another time with my mother to visit. Still could use some of the benefits since I was going to school full time. My cousin Ulf and I took a trip to Paris that one time I was there. $199 for a 3 night/2 day stay in Paris. After 9/11, I heard they tightened that stuff up. Because my cousin even tho he was German, could get that $199 ticket, thru some American place.

'Independent in her own apt at 17 ? I didn't know that was common there."

I think so, my mother was telling me about he maturity. You mentioned trains, they let me get on trains when I was in middle school to go to some other city to see concerts, like the Monsters of Rock. Let me go to Majorca Spain in 10th grade for Spring Break. I don't have kids, but I don't know if I would let my kids do that. But, I'm pretty independent myself.

Heidelberg is awesome, was born there, lived there 3 different times. I think my dad had some pull on where he was stationed or something. Sometimes I do check this German app and check out some properties along the river. I better start selling some more domains.

Old Paris post - https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...ou-get-the-idea.761952/page-1325#post-5070410

Nice. And basically “free” at cost. I spent a ton a couple years ago. But my job in my 20’s got to travel all over for “free”.

Thats a Long day S germany to barcelona. Mallorca and Ibiza I wanted to, but never yet. I bought my second film SLR as a hobby in 80s after watching my friends slides he took while in Mallorca. Awesome place, he was in Navy on leave and as you know the world was much different than youtube and google instant photos anywhere like today. Really was hard to “see” the world like we can now so most of my life only seeing books and photos without visiting.
Did you go to Mt. St. michel castle in France? Always wanted to see that. That was a bucket list thing until I saw it on Youtube.

I am into Architecture so really into old buildings. Spain, Vienna, etc. saw incredible stuff in museums, nothing like it in anywhere in US or S America except Buenos Aires, reminds me of Madrid architecture. Natural Parks stuff and easy access to them like Yellowstone and Glaciers in Alaska though no where other than Asia has such.

I checked Paris hotel rates 2 years ago, IBIS chain was like $60-70 a night outside of city center, close access by metro. Decided against going though. Same with Madrid staying outside near airport in Barajas itself $50-65 a night, using Metro 1/2 hr into centro. Barcelona was more expensive, was there 2 weeks. I was doing it all Ad hoc, no plans making up as we went. Used my visa days alotment twice up that year. $$$$$ too.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Back home.
Happy was the oncologist...blood work was super duper.
Did stop and get lunch at our favorite place....
wife got her regular chinese meal, I got my pho.

•••
•••
You've been drinking too much Tequila...

Lol. Actually, I have eaten many of the Mezcal worms over the years, usually as celebrations, parties, joking with people unfamiliar with it. Don’t drink though. Now, no big deal. You? Other than great roasted Chestnuts there, so what is Portugese tradition of unusual foods? Do you have a form of Fejoada like Brazil?
Anyone here have eaten a Balut?

•••
•••
Back home.

Congrats on your test, great news.
Pho. Love it. Miss it, not available where I am. Mint leaves make it that subtle difference. Keep smiling.

•••
•••
•••
Now my wife says she may get PHO next time we go....
But no jalapenos or those burning hot chili seeds.

Yes, mint and thyme and limes add extra layers of flavor

•••
0d143fc32240429490737377e6438c0d.jpg

So the money spent on all these damn commercials wanting money to save some snow leopards?
Maybe they should spend it on saving at least 2 of them???

•••
A man walked into the ladies' department of a Macy's and shyly walked up to the woman behind the counter and said, "I'd like to buy a bra for my wife."
"What type of bra?" asked the clerk.
"Type?" inquired the man. "There is more than one type?"
"Look around," said the saleslady, as she showed a sea of bras in every shape, size, color and material.
"Actually, even with all of this variety, there are really only four types of bras," she replied.
Confused, the man asked what the types were.
The saleslady replied, "The Catholic type, the Salvation Army type, the Presbyterian type, and the Baptist type. Which one do you need?"
Still confused, the man asked, "What is the difference between them?"
The lady responded, "It is all really quite simple...the Catholic type supports the masses, the Salvation Army type lifts up the fallen, the Presbyterian type keeps them staunch and upright, and the Baptist type makes mountains out of molehills."

•••
Back home.
Next challenge to make all your doctors happy.....

•••
That would be my vascular doctor.
See him again May 7th....
He gets happy, then finally all of my doctors are happy.

•••
Nice. And basically “free” at cost. I spent a ton a couple years ago. But my job in my 20’s got to travel all over for “free”.

Thats a Long day S germany to barcelona. Mallorca and Ibiza I wanted to, but never yet. I bought my second film SLR as a hobby in 80s after watching my friends slides he took while in Mallorca. Awesome place, he was in Navy on leave and as you know the world was much different than youtube and google instant photos anywhere like today. Really was hard to “see” the world like we can now so most of my life only seeing books and photos without visiting.
Did you go to Mt. St. michel castle in France? Always wanted to see that. That was a bucket list thing until I saw it on Youtube.

I am into Architecture so really into old buildings. Spain, Vienna, etc. saw incredible stuff in museums, nothing like it in anywhere in US or S America except Buenos Aires, reminds me of Madrid architecture. Natural Parks stuff and easy access to them like Yellowstone and Glaciers in Alaska though no where other than Asia has such.

I checked Paris hotel rates 2 years ago, IBIS chain was like $60-70 a night outside of city center, close access by metro. Decided against going though. Same with Madrid staying outside near airport in Barajas itself $50-65 a night, using Metro 1/2 hr into centro. Barcelona was more expensive, was there 2 weeks. I was doing it all Ad hoc, no plans making up as we went. Used my visa days alotment twice up that year. $$$$$ too.

"Did you go to Mt. St. michel castle in France?"

No, looks cool tho. As far as France, just Paris. Didn't have much time there, just 3 nights, 2 days. So the Louvre, saw the Mona Lisa, unfortunately the Impressionism section was closed down, Crazy Horse because I heard it in the Motley Crue song and our tour guide from the bus got us in free, The Lido, where I saw the 1 Jackson that talent missed, Latoya. I heard she reminded people of Josephine Baker, but Latoya just wasn't good. Saw some guy wrestle an alligator, that's all I remember besides topless women all over. Traffic circle. Hotel was called The Reference Hotel, overlooked some soccer stadium. Think it was in some duty free area, something like that.

Barcelona was nice. Didn't have to worry about hotel, parents had a friend that lived in apartment in some skyscraper. Went around Europe selling various stuff via Bazaar. Sketchy elevator, didn't have proper door, lived near the top. He had a red corvette, we traveled in conversion van. We always had people come up and stare into vehicles, not something they normally saw in that area. Saw a bull fight, there were 3 of them. Last one, guy couldn't kill bull properly, everybody started throwing their rented cushioned seats at him. That's a brutal thing, but it's part of the culture.

Italy been to Pisa, Venice, Vicenza (have military base there)

I am into Architecture so really into old buildings..

That's why Europe is great, so many more old buildings, history.

geneticinformant.com looks available

Took an ancestry DNA test? You might be a 'genetic informant' unleashing secrets about your relatives

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...a-test-privacy-golden-state-killer/557263002/

Uh oh

Last edited:
•••
You? Other than great roasted Chestnuts there, so what is Portugese tradition of unusual foods? Do you have a form of Fejoada like Brazil?
Anyone here have eaten a Balut?
I drink very little. Will occasionally have some wine with a meal.

Yes we have many varieties of Feijoada, (my wife made one last Sunday) with similarities to the Brazilian ones. Actually it was the Portuguese colonizers that took feijoada recipes to Brazil.

Portuguese gastronomy is just too vast to eleborate in detail. We take, very seriously the making and eating of our meals.

Though nowhere near as famous as French, Italian or Spanish, our gastronomy can easily compete with the best of those countries. Tourists will vouch for it. Even @iowadawg 's health would improve if he came over.

Bacalhau (salted cod fish) is amongst the most famous dishes, prepared in dozens of diferent ways. Seafood is always fresh and excelent, with a massive variety to choose from.

Fresh Grilled Sardines are very popular... especially in summer...
https://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/24/travel/fare-of-the-country-in-portugal-fresh-sardines.html
Screen-Shot-2016-02-24-at-12.34.43-PM.png

Even here in Madeira we have so much variety, one of the unusual ones being "Espada Preta" (Black Scabbard Fish) As you can see from the pic, it's a menacing, ugly looking creature with sharp teeth and massive eyes, yet has the most delicious fillets you will ever taste. It's only found in the waters of Madeira and Japan I believe. The fishermen use very long lines with bait, to fish it at a depth of between 500-1500 metres.
549053-1-404x227.jpg

Also very popular here is fresh Tuna fish, between May and October. Bought a few kilos yesterday for my wife to prepare for this weekend, usually accompanied by "Milho Frito" which is "fried cornmeal" (like polenta) + veggies and rice
3107514835_7d1b3284c9.jpgmilho+frito+com+bifes+de+atum.jpg

And then there all our hearty soups and fantastic desserts. I love my soups, or should I say, I love my wife's great soups, that can easilly substitute a good meal...
9e442fb2aa0164cfa5bb0d611ee87538--portuguese-recipes-portuguese-food.jpg

Last edited:
•••
For what it is worth Corey a massively more (percentage) male than female given name so easy mistake to make.

I am almost certain that if "Corey" wanted to respond to this thread, she would have responded by now!

I respect her decision not to respond (that is why I didn't tag her)!

It is called don't talk while you are winning

Last edited:
•••
For what it is worth Corey a massively more (percentage) male than female given name so easy mistake to make.
I have the feeling she is being trolled (bullied/baited) ....

•••
Its also the old buy something on ebay and return it so I have to pay the return shipping or not?

What gets me is this guy on vacation in France (flying over the pond) Just send Corey $6USD and be done with it (net loss $3)

Last edited:
•••
Its also the old buy something on ebay and return it so I have to pay the return shipping or not?

What gets me is this guy on vacation in France (flying over the pond) Just send Corey $6USD and be done with it (net loss $3)
What I read on that thread is confusing...thought it was a Namepros deal (read the admin/mod posting on page two)?
Just seen your update about winning...good for her...just didn't like her being tagged, I know she seen that thread..she liked a comment..

I remember lurking her and @barefoottech "mini-sites" thread, sure helped my learning curve back then

I just spent $3.00 on a coffee and donut...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes we have many varieties of Feijoada, (my wife made one last Sunday) with similarities to the Brazilian ones. Actually it was the Portuguese colonizers that took feijoada recipes to Brazil.

I wasn’t sure who came up with it. Really rarely had feijoada in LA, a couple Churrascarias had it, nobody seemed to have the yucca molida. Spices not same either. The meats though, ugh odio los carnes cocinada con gas. Smog regulations in LA prevent open flames so no Carbón. Funny because everybody has a BBQ int their backyard. Feijoada I remember well but only in Brazil, I was there 6 weeks. Lisboa I looked for it, I don’t know why, but never saw it in Restaurants. Next trip I guess. Lucky guy to have home made recetas...

That soup, was that cangrejo y calamar? Looked like it. We have sopa de mariscos here, but its getting expensive. I assume on the island you must have locals bringing in fish daily. And schools of Tuna season dependent, local fisherman leave the island? Or flown in?

I love all types of fish either cooked or all sushi except uni and eat all seafood. The Bacalau we had must have been a bad centro lisboa tourist place, I didn’t realize that many varieties. Like I’ve said the Iberian peninsula is my favorite place, that photo makes me want to book a trip, ha.

Had Michoacan style Carnitas though out tonight, great if prepped right and found one reliable place. Been eating them 40 years and believe it or not, back in LA of the hundreds of times I had few restaurants that seared them correctly to seal in the flavor. Never understood it with all the Mexican Restaurants we had when I lived there. This same place also has Cochinta pibil (stewed pork) which is rare to find many Yucatan style dishes like that in LA either.

We have lots of fresh tropical fruits, guyaba, fresh sandilla drinks, guyabana, matacuya, cas, mora, mangos nearly all year, fresh farm direct tomatos, pineapple is the best in the world and I never had great ones until moving near where they grow. For years in LA had bought Costco Pineapples that really suck, they pick them way too early for transport, like tomatos. Also lots of Yucca frita all the time, more often than french fries. Arepas and empanadas often too, both Colombian and Venezuelan styles. Caribbean chicken too with coconut milk soup and panamanian chiles.

•••
"Did you go to Mt. St. michel castle in France?"

No, looks cool tho. As far as France, just Paris. Didn't have much time there, just 3 nights, 2 days. So the Louvre, saw the Mona Lisa, unfortunately the Impressionism section was closed down, Crazy Horse because I heard it in the Motley Crue song and our tour guide from the bus got us in free, The Lido, where I saw the 1 Jackson that talent missed, Latoya. I heard she reminded people of Josephine Baker, but Latoya just wasn't good. Saw some guy wrestle an alligator, that's all I remember besides topless women all over. Traffic circle. Hotel was called The Reference Hotel, overlooked some soccer stadium. Think it was in some duty free area, something like that.

Barcelona was nice. Didn't have to worry about hotel, parents had a friend that lived in apartment in some skyscraper. Went around Europe selling various stuff via Bazaar. Sketchy elevator, didn't have proper door, lived near the top. He had a red corvette, we traveled in conversion van. We always had people come up and stare into vehicles, not something they normally saw in that area. Saw a bull fight, there were 3 of them. Last one, guy couldn't kill bull properly, everybody started throwing their rented cushioned seats at him.

A Crazy horse in paris? Really. Like 2 of them in Vegas for years. So you didnt see the Moulin Rouge? The art museums there are amazing compared to states. I always wanted to see the Louve, been to all 3 major ones in Madrid, the Prado was the best of course. Vienna’s were actually better than anywhere though, unbelievable collections and gold leaf ceilings everywhere in a museum, also of Schoenbrun palace is huge. If you like museums I think Vienna is #1 in the world I have seen. Spent 2 weeks in the city alone.

Yea, I skipped the bull fights I have seen them on TV enough. Went by Sevilla’s ring and Barcelonas but not to the show. The hotel prices were high, we stayed at Sants station so instant metro access, when I go back I am traveling with only a backpack and do AirBnB I think. I didn’t see anything with staring at car windows, but a pickpocket guy in Las Ramblas running. The aquarium is really nice, close to as nice a Monterey, CA. The views from up at the Gaudi park up in the hills and on the Fort was nice. La Sagrada Familia church is unbelievable if you go back.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back