IT.COM

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
She popped up on one of the godaddy pages while I was wandering around in my account. There were words on the right side, but apparently imposed over the background photo. My first thought was.... I don't think I could ever make out with someone who could bench press me then turn me into a pretzel, lol.

One more post for today, and I am off. Have any of you taken a good look at www.fiverr.com? All sorts of advertising possibilities.

Here are the 'Twinkling Twins', they will make a 100 word ad for you for $5:
fiverr3.jpg

http://fiverr.com/twinklingtwins/make-a-photo-or-video-for-you-with-my-twin

How adorable is that? You can also get brochures passed out in various cities, colleges, venues for $5. Some very novel ideas, lol.

Last edited:
•••
Is that Danica morphed? She really looks like a 10 year old boy when in her racing gear
trying to find a "adams apple" unless "shaved off"..

•••
the 'Twinkling Twins' should be on $500anhour.com

•••
She popped up on one of the godaddy pages while I was wandering around in my account. There were words on the right side, but apparently imposed over the background photo. My first thought was.... I don't think I could ever make out with someone who could bench press me then turn me into a pretzel, lol.

One more post for today, and I am off. Have any of you taken a good look at www.fiverr.com? All sorts of advertising possibilities.

Here are the 'Twinkling Twins', they will make a 100 word ad for you for $5:
fiverr3.jpg

http://fiverr.com/twinklingtwins/make-a-photo-or-video-for-you-with-my-twin

How adorable is that? You can also get brochures passed out in various cities, colleges, venues for $5. Some very novel ideas, lol.

Remember talking about it last year - https://www.namepros.com/761952-du-johname-and-friends-shoot-sh-191.html#post4476001

Just never got around to doing anything. This is the year tho. Gonna make it happen. Twins.

•••
Thanks for the link JBL, It got me laughing at my old post

Top 10 ways to make money on Fiverr *

10 For $5 i'll pick a loser stock for you to short.
9 For $5 i'll call your wife and tell her to stop shoping so much.
8 For $5 i'll web cam babysit for 55 min.
7 For $5 i'll photoshop you ****** Christie Brinkley.
6 For $5 i'll draw a picture of you with a full head of hair.
5 For $5 i'll lipstick kiss a birthday card and sign it Luv Cindi XXX's.
4 For $5 i'll batch crop your indoor honeymoon pictures.
3 For $5 i'll proof read your Alibi
2 For $5 i'll call your wife and say "Jim with me shooting pool"
1 For $5 i'll tell you what your domains are worth!

* Original ideation team content

•••
Why go to fiverr for the #1?
Just open a thread here saying you will give an honest appraisal of a domain for 5 bucks.
Or ten bucks.
Or just go to appraisals and pm the ones wanting an appraisal that you can give them the value right off the bat of their domain for 5 bucks.

Bacon sandwich.
With none of the sauces, mayo, mustard and other crap.
Just good cheese and bacon between two slices of bread.

And now charging up my kindle.
Seems between last night and earlier, it decided that it had to be powered to come on and let me continue reading my book.

•••
I don't know what to say about this but I can't stop laughing ...
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/sthash.hhRtOLhE.uxfs

briguy said:
Which one .biz or .co?

.co Never regg'd one of those. I dabbled in .biz for a while - back in the day I had a couple of decent (3 and 4 figure) sales. Dropped most of the remainder since then, but still have a couple like k 9 s (doing nothing with it, but too cool to drop.)

•••
I don't know what to say about this but I can't stop laughing ...
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/sthash.hhRtOLhE.uxfs

Which part?

Want to talk about perfect timing. Got my German Deli order today, packed nicely with lots of ice packs. Then got my dumbbell rack order 2 hours later, in which I proceeded to stupidly open it up from chest height, in which a 20 pound piece of metal fell on my bare foot. Was scared to look down at first, thinking something might be broken or a big gash. Just a tiny chunk out of the shin and it fell on bridge of foot, just badly bruised. It's a good foot, survived a metal door falling on it awhile back, on the bridge of foot too. Toes would have been gone just a couple of inches in one direction.

Last edited:
•••
That luger didn't save it himself, but got a lucky push against the wall.

penguins don't need a sled

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Here is the Hockey 101 video so Briguy can understand the basics

http://www.nbcolympics.com/wtvj/video/cheat-sheet-ice-hockey

•••
Last edited:
•••
Oops - it didn't link direct to the video ...

The Russian Police (actually the "Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs ") Choir singing "Get Lucky." Serious wtf material.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ru...ms-get-lucky-opening-ceremony?ctx=top-moments

Ah, haha. I can feel some of the awkwardness, probably promised lots of vodka. It's like Group Russian Karaoke. Didn't hear much applause from the crowd afterwards. Watching on TV now, that one circle didn't open.

I think my Geography sucks. Was checking who had it next, it's Pyeongchang South Korea in 2018. For some reason, I thought it would be warm there, but summertime, high only averages 73. 27-31 for the games.

Yeah, it does suck:

"The United Kingdom consists of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

The total area of the United Kingdom is approximately 94,060 sq mi

Texas has an area of 268,820 square miles"

So Texas, as far as square miles, almost 3 times as much as England, Scotland, Wales and Nothern Ireland combined. That you could fit those 3 countries and part of Ireland in 1/3 of Texas, is pretty amazing to me.

And Greenland has 4x the murder rate of the United States.

Last edited:
•••
And Greenland has 4x the murder rate of the United States.

To be fair, there's not much else to do there, lol.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Oops - it didn't link direct to the video ...

The Russian Police (actually the "Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs ") Choir singing "Get Lucky." Serious wtf material.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ru...ms-get-lucky-opening-ceremony?ctx=top-moments

Wow, I agree, heck that made ME feel awkward.

•••
Nothing better to do lol

The new pop video in the can and will be shown on page 380

•••
•••
•••
[]Here is the Hockey 101 video so Briguy can understand the basics

http://www.nbcolympics.com/wtvj/video/cheat-sheet-ice-hockey
"This content not available in your area"

.co Never regg'd one of those. I dabbled in .biz for a while - back in the day I had a couple of decent (3 and 4 figure) sales. Dropped most of the remainder since then, but still have a couple like k 9 s (doing nothing with it, but too cool to drop.)
Only biz I have, (think I bought it here) is NVY(dot)Biz...think the only reason I bought was it is LLL...dont ever remember seeing a "biz" in any search results
Even show(.)biz a parked page, which surprised me?

Going by the ads that I been clicking on, maybe one a week lately, thinking I am the only one advertising here, https://www.namepros.com/npclicks.php and my credits sure are disappearing fast..

Last edited:
•••
JB Lions said:
Ah, haha. I can feel some of the awkwardness, probably promised lots of vodka. It's like Group Russian Karaoke. Didn't hear much applause from the crowd afterwards. Watching on TV now, that one circle didn't open.

I had to watch it twice and couldn't stop laughing.

They may be a very accomplished concert choir - they definitely looked out of their element on that song. (Except for the guys dancing - who might have gotten that vodka in advance)

On Russian TV, the circle opened (they cut to a video from the rehearsals when it was broadcast.)

briguy said:
dont ever remember seeing a "biz" in any search results

The one I sold for 4 figures was purchased by a company in the UK that published online, industry-focused gaming
magazines. They put a nice site on it, did a good job promoting it (I think it was PR5 or 6) and it ranked for some relevant keywords. Last time I looked, it had been redirected, .

They did better with it, imo, than Overstock (o.biz? o.co? - pffft!)

I had a page of a .biz site ranked page 1 for a pretty competitive keyword... That site underperformed my similar sites on other extensions though. I don't think it was Google "punishing" the extension directly. More a matter of the trust factor among users - an unfamiliar .biz vs a .com/net/org. It never got the same click-through, which indirectly influenced its rankings. Meanwhile, my other sites were rocking the top 3 and outranking the merchants I promoted (before Google went on it's Big Brand Extravaganza - ah, the good old days :)!)

Something to keep in mind if you don't build on a mainstream extension.

If anyone has Fox Sports 1, check out the Westminster dog agility finals tonight - I think it starts 6 or 7 pm eastern time. A couple of my friends are entered, may or may not make the finals.

BTW, "Masters Agility Championship" is misleading. It's not some special showdown of the top dogs in the country - entry is by random draw, as is their breed show (which people also think is the "best of the best"). Though you did have to be competing at masters level to enter (and for the breed show dogs need to have a breed Champion title.)

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of Westminster...

I heard this will be the first year of "mixed breed".

Good luck to your friends, enlytend :tu:

Peace,
Cy

•••
Mixed breeds are in the agility competition, not the breed show. They're making a big deal of it, but in reality mixed breeds have competed in AKC agility for quite some time now.

Breed show competion isn't really a "beauty contest" as many people think - dogs are judged against a written "standard" of the ideal dog for their breed. The one closest to that standard for their breed, in the judge's opinion, is the one that should win.

Impossible to come up with a standard for mixed breed dogs!

In agility it doesn't matter (though you see a lot more border collies than basset hounds). There's a numbered course of obstacles and a standard course time (in seconds) based upon the yardage of the course. Jumps are set at an appropriate height for the dogs' size (for example, all dogs 14-18" at the shoulder jump 16", all dogs 18-22" jump 20"). Team must do everything correctly (for example, can't knock a jump bar down) and in the numbered order, within the standard course time. Fastest one to do that wins their height group.

Last edited:
•••
Still snowing.
Over 1 inch and piling up.

So staying in today.
Unless wife really wants to go out and I can not talk her out of it.

We have a niece that is an animal freak.
She has dogs, cats, turtles, hamsters, snakes, mice and now trying to get a monkey.
Told her at some point, there will be war amongst all those and some will get eaten up.

•••
•••
We have a niece that is an animal freak.
She has dogs, cats, turtles, hamsters, snakes, mice and now trying to get a monkey.
Told her at some point, there will be war amongst all those and some will get eaten up.

I would worry about the mice - bottom of the food chain and top of the menu for some of the others.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back