Domain Empire

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is Rob preparing for the collapse by opening a new LLC and stepping down as CEO, while giving the new CEO Brian all the shit?
Brian Royce joined Epik earlier this year as EVP Operations and quickly made an impact across several areas of the business. Royce’s interest in the domain registrar industry grew and his technologist business mindset combined with his seasoned entrepreneurial spirit and tenacity for success enabled him to envision the possibilities of Epik. Rob Monster encouraged him to invest in a deeper understanding of the business and develop an effective growth strategy for
the company.
I wonder when "earlier this year" means.

Surely, Brian Royce had to have some clue about what is going on before he agreed to become the CEO.

Brad

•••
What is this company Gado Inc. (Gado’s primary place of business is in Miami-Dade County, Florida.)? What services did it provide to Epik?

•••
What is this company Gado Inc. (Gado’s primary place of business is in Miami-Dade County, Florida.)? What services did it provide to Epik?
Not really clear. But this is what it says in the contract:

SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED BY CONSULTANT
1. Consultant agrees to provide the following services as an independent consultant and not as an employee of the
Company, with the following exclusive items in the role of EVP Operations: Advise on the following, including but not
limited to, operations, processes, projects and relationships for the Company, including clients, partners, vendors and
contractors as authorized and instructed by the Company. Such requests to advise on these items may be in the form of
verbal or written requests by the Company to Consultant.

I think plaintiff was doing business as IDsubmit, at least in the past.

Last edited:
•••
Could it be Monster's pocket company, and the lost lawsuit a way to withdraw money from Epik?

•••
Could it be Monster's pocket company, and the lost lawsuit a way to withdraw money from Epik?
I seriously doubt that.

It would be rather odd to do that, then settle and use a payment plan. :)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I wonder when "earlier this year" means.

Surely, Brian Royce had to have some clue about what is going on before he agreed to become the CEO.

Brad
Sometimes bad cops also get screwed over by even badder cops lol

•••
Epik is being sued in Florida for $770,097.80 by a company called Gado.

Interestingly, in one of the docket exhibits, Epik's attorney noted in July 2022 that Epik may have difficulty paying plaintiff if a compromise is reached:

"I then presented an offer to pay $112,000 to Gado in monthly payments over the next 12 months. During this conversation, as instructed by Epik, I made clear to Mr. Brady (plaintiff's attorney) that Epik was no longer willing (and maybe not able) to pay Gado a lump-sum amount and that Epik needed payment terms if the case was going to be resolved."

All the court documents can be found doing a search here:

https://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/ocs/Search.aspx

Note: The text in the lawsuit has been highlighted by the plaintiff, not me.
put the money in a masterbucks account for them, it's not like they will be able to withdraw it

•••
I had 9 upvotes on this comment. Now it shows one downvote. Looks like Epik fans are reading this thread.
I don't think fans, more like paid shills.

•••
When other people attach images on here, the images are full but when I attach images, people have to click on the thumbnail.

Can anyone explain.
Use Insert image on left side, not the attach on right.

•••
If you do down the rabbit hole, there are some more interesting things about the case and parties involved, but they are not really relevant to the subject of this thread.

Brad

•••
I don't think fans, more like paid shills.
If I remember correctly, Rob once said that people are paid to talk bad about Epik on NP, it seems more something he would do against GoDaddy, Dan.com etc. (Self projection). Also maybe even paying "staff members" in 2020 to vote for Epik, job done and now they're gone.

Last edited:
•••
If I remember correctly, Rob once said that people are paid to talk bad about Epik on NP, maybe that is what he was doing to others like GoDaddy, Dan.com etc. Also paying "staff members" to vote for Epik.
I will say I prefer publicly traded companies to privately held companies.
This is a good example why.

With a publicly traded company there is far less room for shenanigans. There is far more transparency when it comes to filing requirements of publicly traded companies, and shareholders can actually hold the company accountable.

Could you imagine this malarkey happening with GoDaddy or another major player in the field?

GoDaddy has had their fair share of controversies over the years. When have they ever just gone radio silent? In the Brent Oxley situation for instance GoDaddy was highly responsive and worked to resolve it.

They don't just disappear when something bad happens.
Then again, I guess their support is not "legendary". ;)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If you do down the rabbit hole, there are some more interesting things about the case and parties involved, but they are not really relevant to the subject of this thread.

Brad
I think it certainly related to this case. Seems their duties, based on what contract says in suit, were to provide EVP (executive vice president) duties. Please let us know what you know about them.

•••
I will say I prefer publicly traded companies to privately held companies.
This is a good example why.

With a publicly traded company there is far less room for shenanigans. There is far more transparency when it comes to filing requirements of publicly traded companies, and shareholders can actually hold the company accountable.

Could you imagine this malarkey happening with GoDaddy or another major player in the field?

GoDaddy has had their fair share of controversies over the years. When have they ever just gone radio silent? In the Brent Oxley situation for instance GoDaddy was highly responsive and worked to resolve it.

They don't just disappear when something bad happens.
Then I again, I guess their support is not "legendry". ;)

Brad
GoDaddy is mature enough to own up to their mistakes.

•••
I think it certainly related to this case. Seems their duties, based on what contract says in suit, were to provide EVP (executive vice president) duties. Please let us know what you know about them.
I don't know anything more about what actual services were being offered.
From the filing, that part seems rather vague.

Brad

•••
If I remember correctly, Rob once said that people are paid to talk bad about Epik on NP,
Some people are just perpetual victims in their own mind.

It doesn't matter what you do, it always has to be someone else's fault.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Some people are just perpetual victims in their own mind.

It doesn't matter what you do, it always has to be someone else's fault.

Brad
They play the victim, look up narcissism. They also play grandiose, use gas-lighting and have no empathy at all.

•••
•••
Those of you who reg'd new .COM domains this week: Are you still waiting for them to be fully registered or are they completed ?

This nonsense adds a whole new layer of "WTF ?" to this sh!t sandwich.

Last edited:
•••
Those of you who reg'd new .COM domains this week: Are you still waiting for them to be fully registered or are they completed ?

This nonsense adds a whole new layer of "WTF ?" to this sh!t sandwich.
Mine are still unregistered.

•••
Epik is being sued in Florida for $770,097.80 by a company called Gado.

Interestingly, in one of the docket exhibits, Epik's attorney noted in July 2022 that Epik may have difficulty paying plaintiff if a compromise is reached:

"I then presented an offer to pay $112,000 to Gado in monthly payments over the next 12 months. During this conversation, as instructed by Epik, I made clear to Mr. Brady (plaintiff's attorney) that Epik was no longer willing (and maybe not able) to pay Gado a lump-sum amount and that Epik needed payment terms if the case was going to be resolved."

All the court documents can be found doing a search here:

https://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/ocs/Search.aspx

Note: The text in the lawsuit has been highlighted by the plaintiff, not me.
Is it settled?

•••

Attachments

• Hearing.PDF
    373.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
•••
Can anyone find the contact details of the lawyer representing Gado?

•••
Can anyone find the contact details of the lawyer representing Gado?
Yes, good idea. I wonder if they would be interested in this fiasco to use it to prove Epik has a history of screwing people and continues to do so.

Last edited:
•••
Another thought:

Some people here and on twitter have stated that Epik should be sold at any price to someone else.

If there was such a plan or a possibility, that is so ruined now, as the whole debacle of the past few weeks is like a poison pill for any acquisition. Any prospective buyer would now have to factor in the lost trust, customers, possible legal liabilities and so on.

At this point, the value of Epik for an investor might be at zero.
I don't think it would be a problem.
It would mainly depend on how much the (financial) "hole" is, if there is one (it seems more and more likely).

Epik has value. It still has a customer base, working websites, a certain notoriety, etc.
A buyer would buy at a price low enough, and would have to inject new money to be able to pay everybody. Legal liabilities (payout related) would disappear that way, and trust would be regained by the change of ownership + everybody paid + announcements + a bit of work after that.

A sale is probably totally possible. But current owners would take a loss and they surely don't want to lose control (if they haven't already, in practice. Hard to tell, as we don't know for sure what's happening).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back