IT.COM

The .GUIDE extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

Over 4K domains have been registered with this extension.

What .guide domains do you got?

I have MEN.guide

Regards,
RU

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been registering heavily in the new TLDs and particularly like the .guide TLD for developing micro sites...

adventure.guide
bridal.guide
gastro.guide
geek.guide
gift.guide
medical.guide
mountain.guide
outdoor.guide
ski.guide
visitor.guide
visitors.guide

•••
domainers.guide

cuz some of y'all need one

;)

•••
I visited domainers.guide but there is no content :) ... I need all the help I can get.

My view on nTLDs is that they are are great for micro sites but not main websites.

Think of it like the hierarchy and differences between company names (General Motors), product line names (Cadillac), product names (CTS), product models (2014 Sedan), and product promotions (Presidents' Day Sale).

I think the new general TLDs are currently great for product websites, promotions, and landing pages but as they become better known by the public (in a few years) they will move higher up the hierarchy and also become accepted as general websites for entire product lines and eventually even company websites as a branding element of the corporate name.

But then again, maybe I'm just delusional.

•••
DomainInvesting.guide - cuz.. there needs to be one!

•••
•••
field.guide

Registry "Premium" domain that I just registered this morning for $109.

I'm looking to start a discussion and not a fight; so please consider the following....

Even if I have to pay 10 years worth of renewals before I sell it (if I even sell it instead of develop it), how can anyone doubt that it can be sold for more than than $1,090?

Do a search for "filed guide" in google and amazon and tell me this domain wasn't worth the money.

•••
field.guide

Registry "Premium" domain that I just registered this morning for $109.

I'm looking to start a discussion and not a fight; so please consider the following....

Even if I have to pay 10 years worth of renewals before I sell it (if I even sell it instead of develop it), how can anyone doubt that it can be sold for more than than $1,090?

Do a search for "filed guide" in google and amazon and tell me this domain wasn't worth the money.

You are correct. The whole concept of premium domains costing more to register is going to filter out most domainers, but from a businesses perspective, the value of owning what is obviously one of the best domains in that extension is going to over ride the nominal fee. Once the extension becomes an accepted and recognized asset by the world at large, if it ever does, then the cost of -not- owning that domain might be hundreds of thousands in lost revenue annually.

•••
"field guide" looks like TM

•••
•••
Another example using a registry non-premium domain ...

raft.guide

Just registered a few minutes ago for $23!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raft_guide

..and take a look at google search for "raft guide" and you will see companies that specialize in training raft guides as well as raft guide companies and individuals looking for business. Do you think any of them would not love to own "raft.guide" domain and continue to pay $23/year for this domain after I sell it to them for many multiples more than I paid?

•••
Another example using a registry non-premium domain ...

raft.guide

Just registered a few minutes ago for $23!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raft_guide

..and take a look at google search for "raft guide" and you will see companies that specialize in training raft guides as well as raft guide companies and individuals looking for business. Do you think any of them would not love to own "raft.guide" domain and continue to pay $23/year for this domain after I sell it to them for many multiples more than I paid?

Nice name

Rafting.guide - premium Donuts domain

•••
Rafting.guide - premium Donuts domain
Thank you RU... I didn't realize the matching pair was available. Only $37/year even though it is a premium.

•••
Lol, weird, i was looking at riverrafting.guide earlier today. It is still available.

•••
I just bought
compg.png
Your opinions welcome

Last edited:
•••
Designing.guide available for reg

•••
I really like computing.guide!!!

So many commercial applications like computer book, manual, tutorial, and training on all kinds of broad as well as specialized subjects.

You can target the specialized subjects by creating free subdomains...as many as you want!!!
linux.computing.guide
windows.computing.guide
visual.computing.guide
online.computing.guide
osx.computing.guide
retro.computing.guide
etc....

Great Name!!!!

•••
@RogueWriter

I personally like keyword.keyword much better than compoundkeyword.keyword domains even though I did register some of that format.

•••
I looked at field.guide, but refuse to register anything at premium pricing

cuz, if it costs more than 3x's the reg fee of a .com, then.... may as well get a .com

:)

•••
I'm not attacking you, but I'm trying to understand the logic.

Since fieldguide.com is no longer available to register, it would have to be purchased from the current owner and he would most probably charge a nice premium. What is the different between paying the registry and registrar more than regular registration fee of a .com versus paying current owner of fieldguide.com a premium and then paying regular $9 yearly renewal? Shouldn't the decision be based on expected return of investment (taking uncertainty into account) and not emotionally based on who is being paid?

•••
I'm not attacking you, but I'm trying to understand the logic.

Since fieldguide.com is no longer available to register, it would have to be purchased from the current owner and he would most probably charge a nice premium. What is the different between paying the registry and registrar more than regular registration fee of a .com versus paying current owner of fieldguide.com a premium and then paying regular $9 yearly renewal? Shouldn't the decision be based on expected return of investment (taking uncertainty into account) and not emotionally based on who is being paid?

logic, you ask for, huh?

well.....

field is vague, paired with .guide, still vague, but it looks good

Montana field guide.com

Oregon field guide.com

those are more specific, and more to the point of what I meant... as alternate choices.

still, even if i bought fieldguide.com from current owner at a premium, the expected return on a .com....is currently expected to be higher than a .whatever

and.... we know the renewal pricing for .com, whereas renewal pricing for .whatevers, especially the premium priced one's, we don't know if it will stay same or go higher.

as for who is getting paid, the registry/registrars isn't/aren't "supposed" to be making huge profit margins on "registrations". their cut previously was a few cents to a couple of dollars, over icann charges.

but these .newfangles reg fee's are all over the chart, and until there is a predictable sense of stability, it's an illogical scenario to invest in.

imo...

•••
domainers.guide

cuz some of y'all need one

;)

Come on you are always negative and you have junk domains!
Give just my opinion let everyone in his or her value!

•••
I have MEN.guide

Regards,
RU

I'm curious, is your objective to develop or resell it for a profit?

•••
•••
Similar domains available for reg:
Boy.guide - premium Donuts
Boys.guide - reg fee
BoysAndGirls.guide :D dotCOM is taken since 2005

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back