Domain Empire

discuss The "Predictive Domaining" Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Have you started a portfolio of predictive domain names? If so, showcase them here! For purposes of brevity, my inital showcase list is attached below as a PDF file. All are DOT COMS. Future registrations will be added separately in the body of the post.

This thread is NOT for the purpose of appraising value. It is a showcase to share domains, commentary and reactions to domain names registered in anticipation of new and/or as yet undiscovered emerging markets.

Attachments

• PredictiveDomains.pdf
    688.2 KB · Views: 120
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am speculating on a couple of niche's

eco cars and moon landing

I have a very nice portfolio of eco car domains and future moon landing expeditions. I know the constelation program is on its backside right now, but I still have a feeling china,russia or even the eu will be back there before the next decade is out.

As for eco cars, well I speculated on them when there was no search volume atall, every month it has risen from 0 to present day of over 13,000 for eco car.

•••
"Green" and "Eco" domain names are probably not very speculative anymore... have quite a few of those, i.e.:

EmissionFree.org

GreenPropertySearch.com

GreenPaint.org

Green-Autos.com

GreenApartments.net

GreenInterior.org

GreenInteriorDesign.org

GreenLofts.org

GreenAffiliates.org

GreenDiamonds.net

Eco-Singles.com

Sustainable-Economy.com

GreenInvestmentFund.org

GreenInvesting.eu

ForestPartnership.com

•••
Specific as in

ecocarfinance.com
ecocarinsurance.net
cheapecocars.com

Moon landing domains such as

moonlandinglive.com and .tv
moonlandingposters.com
moonlandingphotos.com
moonlandingtoys.com
Themoonlandinglive.com

•••
NOTE: It is well worth taking a minute to experience the demo referred to below. All you need is your computer, headphones (or earbuds) and access to the iTunes store. The demo is free and it is amazing! I'm not an affilate. I don't make a single cent if you listen to the demo (or buy it afterward). It's unlike anything you've ever experienced before. IMHO, it puts "surround sound" to shame!

See what GIZMODO has to say.

This technology has been around for some time, but has never caught on because it required headphones to be experienced. The iPod revolution changed all that. In addition, sound processing has evolved and has become much more sophisticated. It's like 3D glasses for your ears. People who experience this for the first time are nothing short of amazed.

My Regs:

BinauralMusic.com

Binaural3D.com

HolophonicMusic.com

The concept is fairly simple. Special, miniature microphones (approx. the size of earbuds) are placed in the ear canals (or simulated ear canals of mannequins). When the sound is played back, the brain is unable to distinguish playback from the genuine sound originally recorded. The result: dimensionality of sound that must be listened to to be believed. When recording artists adopt this technology, it will forever change the way we experience music.

For a wild ride, go to the iTunes store and listen to the "Darwin Chamber" album demo (earbuds or headphones required):

3D Dante's Inferno (Headphone Remix) 1:54 - Darwin Chamber 3D

Well worth the money if you buy. :imho:

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm speculating on "viewphones" right now. As in Skype type apps for your cellphone or homephone too I suppose.

•••
I'm speculating on "viewphones" right now. As in Skype type apps for your cellphone or homephone too I suppose.

Since my first trip to Disneyland and viewing the "Carousel of Progress" attraction in the late 1960's, I've been hearing about "viewphones", but I believe the technology and public appetite for better communication have finally created the perfect opportunity for "viewphones" to go mainstream.

With a high speed Internet connection, the sound quality alone on Skype is more like FM radio than the best landline phone connection available today. Combine that with a high quality video feed and what's not to like?

•••
i regged atravelapps/com the other day , Augmented reality apps may become common ? i also regged arvisor and arcaps

•••
i regged atravelapps/com the other day , Augmented reality apps may become common ? i also regged arvisor and arcaps

ArVisor & ArCaps are great regs! (although I prefer the singular vs. the plural - so ArVisor would be my preference)

The transhuman age is coming sooner than we think. Neural Reality won't be far behind. There's even a chip that transparently and seamlessly edits the images of digital cameras to remove blemishes and slim subjects by a few pounds. The algorithm "knows" what is pleasant to the eye. Sort of like Photoshop on-the-fly for photographers.

HP already offers cameras with similar functionality.

Where will they put that technology next? Maybe in our contact lenses. Sort-of reminds me of the movie Shallow Hal. :snaphappy:

Last edited:
•••
I took a chance on 4Gwpan.com

Stands for 4th Generation Wireless Personal Area Network.

The concept is a 4G network with all kinds of peripherals and household/workplace appliances wirelessly connected.

•••
Since my first trip to Disneyland and viewing the "Carousel of Progress" attraction in the late 1960's, I've been hearing about "viewphones", but I believe the technology and public appetite for better communication have finally created the perfect opportunity for "viewphones" to go mainstream.

With a high speed Internet connection, the sound quality alone on Skype is more like FM radio than the best landline phone connection available today. Combine that with a high quality video feed and what's not to like?

One of the wireless providers up here in Canada is promoting "Social View Phones" with a TM on "Social View" as rolling out this summer. I haven't yet seen the phones or any demos but that's what got me started on "viewphones". I was very surprised at what was available for hand regging!!

I think the concept of view phones is fantastic...and right around the corner!! Can't wait to get my hands on one!

As long as WIFI/Bluetooth continues rolling out hot spots I really see these taking off.

•••
i am quite happy with my gadgetglasses recent reg , i also have arwebcams

•••
I am speculating on a couple of niche's
eco cars and moon landing

I'm wondering whether Obama's change of heart on humans returning to the moon will make a difference. There's still the private sector and unmanned craft. Also the X-Prize, so there's no lack of interest in the moon.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

i also have arwebcams

How do you envision AR Webcams would be utilized? Would it include the kind of functionality seen on the GE ecomagination website? That is very cool.

•••
Up Your Nose!

I mean that in a nice way.
A couple of years ago I regged endorphinbranding(.)com, only to find out that term is trademarked. I contacted the owners, C. Russell Brumfield and James Goldney (authors of "Whiff") and gave the domain back to them. They were kind enough to send me a copy of the book.

Ever since then I've been speculating on scent-related domain names. Scenting, perfuming and fragrancing is an art, a science and a huge industry! I think it's still a few years from breaking into the mainstream consciousness, but the influence of the scent industry is everywhere! As a matter of fact, I own scentindustry(.)com.

My general impression is that most players in the scent industry have very little knowledge of domain names. A number of companies and organizations have failed to register keyword domains in their own specialties, which provides great opportunities for hand-regs. However, for that same reason, I've had no succeess with end-user sales thus far.

I have development plans (don't we all?) for a couple of names; scentideas(.)com and eventscenting(.)com, and I'm going to hold the others unless a good sale possibility comes along.

In general, I like predictive/trend domaining. It's kinda like panning for gold. You have to have the patience to sort through a lot of gravel and iron pyrite, and a good eye to spot the nuggets! :cy:

•••
i think arwebcams will be perhaps be either head mounted 'live cams' that allow you to interact with others using them ( ar chat ) or if you were to go down the 'adult angle' they would be the same as the site webcams.com which is basically a adult cam site, it seems many cam based sites are in fact adult by nature , where as i have artravelapps for specific purposes. I think we will go past the the Ge hologram scenario quite quickly (wont need a target point) just an overlay in our vision via glasses or googles or visor , i do like the idea if putting on a vr cap and the visor flips down to be used for any chosen purposes

another domain i have is ariglasses/com which is for augmented reality interactive glasses , you may be shopping where you can pick up an item and choose to look at various features via a virtual control panel, example would be to point the glasses at the particular feature that interests you and after a few seconds of pointing it opens up the information you want

Last edited:
•••
A couple of my 'Predictive Domains' are:

SensorGlasses.com
--glasses, with plug-in or built-in sensors, that are connected to your mobile (phone) computer to process data from the full spectrum. Can access the 'sensor web' from environmental*, to municipal, to (sensor) social networks (allergies, joggers, etc.), to personal (bio-sensors, security, shopping, etc.).

SensorGoggles.com
--looks like the first-gen will lift-off in October.
Zeal Optics Transcend Ski Goggles
YouTube - Transcend Ski Goggles Feature Cyborg HUD.mp4

*"Hewlett-Packard, recently announced it’s working on a project it calls the “Central Nervous System for the Earth.” In coming years, the company plans to deploy a trillion sensors all over the planet."
[Source: CNN / 5-3-2010]

•••
i think the 'glasses market' is going to change bigtime in the future and i like the idea of regging name that can become popular consumer products

i just added a arglasses video to my new blog arglasses.com.au , its just designed to give people an idea of whats coming upin the future

•••
i decided to reg gpsglasses.com

•••
I 'see' we are on the same page regarding a future market for high tech glasses. And, I agree, its nice to get ahead of the curve with some 'predictive domains'. Of course we could be wrong, but I'm happy with my track record in this area.

•••
i think i am done with glasses , techglasses.com and multispecs.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back