IT.COM

The Ultimate Cheap Domain Registrar Price Comparison

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I haven't seen anyone else do this, so I thought I would start "The Ultimate Cheap Domain Registrar Price Comparison Thread."

Here are price comparisons for what seem to be the least expensive Domain Registrars currently out there in one place!

All these prices include Whois privacy.

Internetbs.net
Registration
.com - $8.99
.net - $7.99
.org - $8.85

Renewal
.com - $9.38
.net - $7.99
.org - $8.85

Transfers
.com - $8.45
.net - $7.99
.org - $8.85

Resell.biz
Registration/Renewal
.com - $9.01
.net - $7.01
.org - $8.31

*Prices are accurate as of 5-21-2012.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many registrars that look expensive at a glance offer account discounts and/or coupons for domainers with a moderate volume of domains.

A few that come to mind:

GoDaddy (coupons, Discount Domain Club, reseller accounts)
Name.com (coupons, volume discounts)
Dynadot (volume discounts at $500 and $5000 annually)
NameCheap (coupons)

•••
All of those registrars I listed have discounts for registering domains in bulk as well. I just did not include that pricing.

I wouldn't go with GD for anything!

•••
All of those registrars I listed have discounts for registering domains in bulk as well. I just did not include that pricing.

I wouldn't go with GD for anything!

Ah, I assumed this was going to be an unbiased list of price comparisons and not based on your personal preference/experiences.

•••
I have an unbiased opinion... as long as nobody uses GD! :)

Others are welcome to post price lists and comparisons. Make sure to include the date you compiled domain prices.

•••
Bulk Pricing - Resell.biz

Resell.Biz includes Free Whois privacy.

Resell.biz - Bulk Pricing
Registration/Renewal - ($500+ in account)
.com - $8.46
.net - $6.51
.org - $7.77
.info - $8.05
.biz - $7.95

*Prices are accurate as of 5/26/12

Last edited:
•••

Godaddy has the best overall prices, which include everything, except privacy and email forwarding. Since this is supposed to be an unbiased thread, then I have to include GD here, irrespective of OP's bias.

Keep in mind that "cheap" does not always mean a good buy, especially since many of these small registrars tack on a lot of add-on prices and hinky transfer policies once they have nabbed your domain.

If you want privacy, DomainMonster is one of the best, for the price of registration includes privacy. However, email is an additional cost (although forwarding is free. At GD, it's the opposite: email is free and forwarding costs extra).

In the end, it depends how you plan to use the domain.

•••
I don't pay anything for my forwarding at Godaddy?

•••
I don't pay anything for my forwarding at Godaddy?

Oops! I meant email forwarding.

I'm kind of striking out today: I knew what I meant, but I didn't exactly say what I meant.

:)

•••
Here is my GoDaddy pricing as a Domain Discount Club Customer,

registrations
.com $8.19
.net $6.99
.org $6.99
.biz $5.99
.info $2.99
.us $3.99

transfers
.com $7.99

plus ICANN fee $0.18. All are current On Sale prices

•••
DynaDot

DynaDot includes the ICANN fee, but Whois Privacy is $2 per domain I believe. Privacy is Free for Super Bulk customers.

DynaDot - Regular Pricing
Registration/Renewals
.com - $9.99
.net - $9.99
.org - $9.75
.info - $5.75 (Renewal after 1 year $9.75)
.biz - $9.99

DynaDot - Bulk Pricing
Registration/Renewals - $500+ Spending Requirement
.com - $8.75
.net - $6.99
.org - $8.25
.info - $4.75 (Renewal after 1 year $8.25)
.biz - $8.75

DynaDot - Super Bulk Pricing
Registration/Renewals - $5,000+ Spending Requirement
.com - $8.50
.net - $6.75
.org - $7.99
.info - $4.50 (Renewal after 1 year $7.99)
.biz - $8.50

*Prices are accurate as of 5/27/12

Last edited:
•••
godaddy coupon code ( flowers )

$1.49 DOMAIN NAME!
Register any new domain (.COM, .US, .MOBI, .BIZ, .NET, .ORG, .CA, .CO.UK and .IN) for just $1.49* Use code: flowers

•••
Whois Privacy Pricing

If you are going to post coupon code pricing also include how much Whois privacy pricing is for that domain registrar.

•••
Ultimate cheap registrar price comparison:

Not sure about the metrics here, but if we disregard coupons, special memberships and personal prejudice, I believe LuckyRegister.com is the cheapest one. They are a GoDaddy reseller.

Regular prices:

.com: $8.99
.net: $7.99
.org: $6.99
.biz: $6.99
.us: $3.99
.me: $7.99
.co: $9.99
.info: $1.99

I mostly use GoDaddy now because of their coupon codes which are sufficient for my use, but if I were mass registering domains I would go with Lucky.

•••
i think renewal/transfer rates are as important as reg fee as most domains dont sell during first year after registration

.US - Godaddy is the cheapest when it comes to reg @ $4, but renewal is around $13 even with 32% coupons..

while InternetBS: transfer in for $7 (1 year renewal included) and then renew for $7.50

.NET - reg/renewal/transfer - $8

..plus free privacy, free email/url redirect (including catch-all email/url)

all are regular prices, no coupons and facebook likes needed

•••
Name.com $10.99 .TV Registration!

I found a great deal on .TV registrations. Name.com offers them for $10.99 which is the absolute lowest price.

Registration - $10.99 ($9.99 for additional years upfront)
Transfer - $26.99
Renewal - $35.00

If you want private registration use the coupon code: PRIVACYPLEASE.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back