Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.comEstablished Member
Impact
There is no money in domain’ blogging…

Nope… There really isn’t for 99% of all the so-called experts and domain blogger wanna-be’s, unless you are AA, the one-man-show-domain-industry-know-it-all behind the 6 year old Domain Name Wire. According to my calculations, Andrew’s news site does around $15,000 – $20,000 per month from direct ad sales, and the great thing is that he gets to pocket it all since he practically does everything.

Below is some traffic numbers that I was able to dig up from as far back as 2005. As you can see, max penetration and peak was reached a little over 3 years ago. Maybe +/- 10% to 20% growth since then here and there on certain month’s… Which isn’t that great of a stat, but hell, the advertising revenues have doubled and tripled as time passed it seems… Supply and demand. Doh. All ad spots are booked pretty much regularly whenever I looked. So all is well...

Read the rest at http://www.wannadevelop.com/blog/category/mike-cohen/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back