IT.COM

new gtlds There's a .Monster on the loose...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
And it needs some taming. No April Fool's, this one is running around wild as of today. Are you going to catch one, or leave this one under the bed?

Feel free to discuss and showcase your scary, or nice .monster names here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I already had studymonster.com, so picked up study.monster

also a couple others that seemed to make sense

•••
With Icann at the wheel it's a never-ending fools' day.

If you tell people they can register names ending in .monster, you are not sure they will believe you.

•••
Just registered

Brexit.monster

How's that for a real live monster ;)

Last edited:
•••
Hmmm.... really ??

So how many businesses do you know with an affiliation to a monster or anything relating to it?

domain.monster?

Monster Domains would be better.

In my opinion it has limited potential because unless you are looking to name your business something related to monster then the extension would have no interest. Other than to domainers of course who will probably end up funding the entire extension in the end.

My opinion is stick to .com and ccTLD's when possible unless the gTLD has a definite (premium) business application. Caution is the word with gTLD's.... think twice before clicking the purchase button, one can easily get carried away and then comes the big drop.

Talking about drops.... keep an eye on .dev the drops should be in full swing soon.

I'm not a ngtld fanboi personally, but "monster" has always been a popular suffix for business names and brands since probably late 90's, just like "Zilla". One popular company that comes to mind is Template Monster. There's also Host Monster. I'm sure there are quite a few others large and small you can find in Google.

The idea behind [product/service]Monster is to say "we are a big player in our industry".
Monster[product/service] works, too, but [product/service]Monster has always been more popular.

Last edited:
•••
Guilty as charged. :cigar:
Screenshot_20190402-142914~2.png

The idea is looking for companies using an alternative to the .com while the .com is offered for sale for big bucks or is in use by some other company. Of course it would be stupid to offer the extension to the .com owner but I see possibility lesser-extension owners might be interested, if priced correctly.

I agree that there isn't much of a big market for this extension but it is new and I've been waiting for a new .ninja to try this method out.

Testing the waters with this one for now.

•••
Nice TLD. It's up there with .horse and .rocks for sure.

•••
Too narrow targeting for this extension I prefer to stay away

Untitleda-2.jpg

huge.16.80849.JPG

Last edited:
•••
My new pet has 3 i's

iii.monster

•••
Fuzzy.Monster und Furry.Monster

fuzzy-furry-monster-logo.jpg

•••
I think Rob should buy one.
:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Here is my list:

Access.monster
Alternative.monster
Augmented.monster
Bake.monster
CBG.monster
CGI.monster
Earn.monster
Faq.monster
Fifth.monster
Flow.monster
Flyer.monster
Full.monster
Hub.monster
Mall.monster
Plastic.monster
Plush.monster
Pure.monster
Serum.monster
Simple.monster
Sip.monster
Talents.monster
Ten.monster
Tutor.monster
Van.monster
Vivid.monster
Zap.monster
Zest.monster
Zing.monster

•••
Nice list @rubencouto - particularly like Pure, Mall, Zap, FAQ, Talents and Bake from your list!
Lots of great graphics with your great names, @Corey!

I added to the two I had before (top two below) and now that monsters are so much cheaper have the following:
  • appraisal
  • deals
  • mystery
  • maker
  • industrial
  • trips
  • plant
  • happiness
Everyone needs a friendly happiness.monster, right? :xf.smile:

Bob

•••
His name got taken today- wonder by whom? If it was him, what a fit. Although I wouldn't have waited until GA for that one.

so far, this extension avail at:

GD
Porkbun
Dynadot
101domain

and Epik still showing as pre-order.

Last edited:
•••
It's really early to judge or valuate .monster, but there is one good thing for sure: logo design will be much much fun.

•••
It seems most obviously good names are either reserved, taken or high premium, although I have not checked all that much. For Red Sox fans green.monster would be nice but its like over $500. Porkbun show the renewal as standard though - does someone know if that is right and applies to all domains in the TLD.

It is simplistic thinking, I guess, but one thing I like to do is see how popular in search results an extension by itself is. On that grounds monster is 15x or more less popular than .best and even less compared to .top, for example.

I think a few exact match ones will find end use but don't see much for domain investors here. Like @Kate says most people will think you are joking when you say there is a .monster TLD.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
god what a waste of time and money for everybody involved.

•••
I don't think it is owned by UNI, is it?

https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/monster.html
Delegation Record for .MONSTER

(Generic top-level domain)
Sponsoring Organisation

XYZ.COM LLC
2121 E Tropicana Ave, STE2
Las Vegas, NV 89119
United States
Administrative Contact

Grant Carpenter
XYZ.COM LLC
2800 Olympic Blvd., #1
Santa Monica, CA 90404
United States
Email: [email protected]
Voice: +17027576555
Technical Contact

CTO
CentralNic
35-39 Moorgate
London
EC2R 6AR
United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Voice: +44.2033880600
Fax: +44.2033880601
Name Servers

Host NameIP Address(es)
d.nic.monster 212.18.249.83
2a04:2b00:13ff:0:0:0:0:83
a.nic.monster 194.169.218.83
2001:67c:13cc:0:0:0:1:83
b.nic.monster 185.24.64.83
2a04:2b00:13cc:0:0:0:1:83
c.nic.monster 212.18.248.83
2a04:2b00:13ee:0:0:0:0:83
Registry Information

URL for registration services: http://get.monster
WHOIS Server: whois.nic.monster
IANA Reports

Record last updated 2019-03-28. Registration date 2015-12-23.

•••
Nah, that would be impossible. Monster is just a word. The Monster (drink and clothing) TM is only protected in the industries in which it operates. I can start company that sells window blinds and call it Monster. Not a TM infringement.

Last edited:
•••
.monster is going to be a big hit

Hmmm.... really ??

So how many businesses do you know with an affiliation to a monster or anything relating to it?

domain.monster?

Monster Domains would be better.

In my opinion it has limited potential because unless you are looking to name your business something related to monster then the extension would have no interest. Other than to domainers of course who will probably end up funding the entire extension in the end.

My opinion is stick to .com and ccTLD's when possible unless the gTLD has a definite (premium) business application. Caution is the word with gTLD's.... think twice before clicking the purchase button, one can easily get carried away and then comes the big drop.

Talking about drops.... keep an eye on .dev the drops should be in full swing soon.

•••
I'm not a ngtld fanboi personally, but "monster" has always been a popular suffix for business names and brands since probably late 90's, just like "Zilla". One popular company that comes to mind is Template Monster. There's also Host Monster. I'm sure there are quite a few others large and small you can find in Google.

No arguments there, monster is a popular name but let me put it this way.

All the domain names in the world, now break them into groups...

1. All the domains in the world
2. All the domains with the word monster in them

Which group would you rather do business in?

So not only are you in a gTLD but you are also in a very small pool of names.

The only reason I say that is because it's not a generic gTLD like .pro or .top which could be applied to almost any business. Instead .monster is going to be very very niche.... unless you are the owner of Epik :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back