IT.COM

Total Profit made from selling domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zeeble

New.Net Destroyer....Established Member
Impact
I estimate my total profit over the past year to be around £300, but then I only do it as a hobby. Sold another one today at $90 profit ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From Domains I've earn about 60$.

•••
starting to get into it, made nothing yet, but looking to start buying names/sites, then dev'ing them and selling.

•••
iDeviseFlash said:
starting to get into it, made nothing yet, but looking to start buying names/sites, then dev'ing them and selling.

good idea, there is more money in dev'ing. Im lazy, so I just wait and sell when the right person comes along.

•••
webgear said:
From Domains I've earn about 60$.

About the same as me...

Ive earnt maybe $60 - $100....

But its more of a hobby to me too! :lol:

•••
Last month? About £300 ($500)

•••
i aint earned nothing yet, i hope to soon though

•••
•••
I've made about 5x more from selling developed sites than I have selling domains.

•••
i havent ever sold a domain name :P. I have sold around $190,000 worth of php services in the past two years as of last month. I have around 47 people i do PHP freelance regularly im on chatprograms all the time, and people dont IM me because im always away when im really not. This past Nov. I got Zend Certified and now earn a little more an hour (+$30/h) programming. Now i do, do a few low cost sites for people around this site such as Redhippo.

•••
yay, my first sale today, i sold thelovepost.com for $50, i bought it in the NP auctions for 150NP, and i developed it :)

•••
I don't usually sell domains, mainly developed websites. Over the past 2 years, $10,000+
Although right now I get more from my developed websites hitting $3k + / month.

•••
Scott said:
I don't usually sell domains, mainly developed websites. Over the past 2 years, $10,000+
Although right now I get more from my developed websites hitting $3k + / month.

$36k a year?!

You could live off that! :lol:

•••
Yes, but thats revenues.

•••
To date selling domains I've made an aproximate... *figures it out* -22USD :) , I've deved a couple, but I just cant seem to advertise right, that and I got screwed over by a client. plus a couple out of that 22USD I bought just for the heck of it to play with, not neccessarily to sell (would be nice though).

PS I've got a registersite account full of crappy domains that came in a package With one domain I wanted. I'll give'm to you anybody for a few NP$

•••
all together, exactly selling domains i made $500 in 2 months :)

•••
Aprox. 1000$ is 4 months - not to bad for someone at the age of 14 :p

•••
Mystic, Petter, where did you learn such wonderful things? I sure wish I could make a profit like that on domains. What's your secret?

•••
I don't really have any secret - It's just that you gotta pick the right names and that you gotta be lucky, bro %%- ~ There is no secret! :talk:

Best of luck! :wave:

•••
profits

Well let's see, I've made about $-650, only sold overjoyed.org for $8, and lost money for my site the hosting/regging domains/dot com builder/ebay/sedo. I could easily sell all my domains now to recover costs and make about $500 profit, but I'll wait even 10 years if that's what it takes to get top dollars.

•••
I have earnt about £400 i reckon from selling sites, domains, software etc

•••
$17 dollars off my first sale, looks like i got $20 coming from the auction of adfreehosts.com on this forum, but i have some nice name that im sitting on/developing.

Some name I plan to make a pretty penny on are
droplist.biz
jj.bz
2k5.us
droplister(s).com in dev.
domdrops.com

•••
I started out with domains around three years ago with $20.

You know all of the domains I have now, it isn't funny.

I still have around $20 in my paypal account, so I am breaking dead even.

•••
DigimainsBiz said:
Well let's see, I've made about $-650, only sold overjoyed.org for $8, and lost money for my site the hosting/regging domains/dot com builder/ebay/sedo. I could easily sell all my domains now to recover costs and make about $500 profit, but I'll wait even 10 years if that's what it takes to get top dollars.

thats not a minus figure then. Because your assets cover the investment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back