advice Transfered 50 LLLL.com for $208, Thanks NameCheap!

Watch

Domainzy

RetiredTop Member
Impact
Hello Fellow NamePros,

Today was a good day! Saved hundreds of dollars on 50 renewals.... all 4 Letter .coms! NameCheap is having their annual 'MoveYourDomainDay'! They are fighting to maintain an open internet and the right to privacy.

Namecheap will donate between $0.50 and $1.50 to the Electronic Frontier Foundation for every domain transferred today (.com, .net, .org, .info or .biz). It's all about the fight for online rights: Freedom of internet access, the right to privacy, and anti-censorship.

16,486 domains have already been transferred! (Limit 50 per customer)($4.16 each!)

NameCheap.com

Happy Domain Investing!
Jeffrey

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I knew I had to do something today, you've just reminded me.

Thanks!

•••
I moved 50 names yesterday. They might be doing good job on attracting people by the big discount, but they won't retain many if their wholesale pricing and interface/functionality is inferior. In other words, it was ok to spend 2 hours for about $250 saving, but am not planning to lose about $75/year on price difference with GD, for example.

•••

I moved 50 names yesterday. They might be doing good job on attracting people by the big discount, but they won't retain many if their wholesale pricing and interface/functionality is inferior. In other words, it was ok to spend 2 hours for about $250 saving, but am not planning to lose about $75/year on price difference with GD, for example.

I did the same thing yesterday, took over 2 hours! But saved about $250.

I only transferred domains Im not holding long term. I plan to sell all 50 domains before they expire at NameCheap, because it was a boring process entering codes and clicking on countless emails!

•••
Yeah, not easy process. I used it to consolidate names across many registrars I got because of snapnames. From experience, it is not good idea to have names scattered, as I have lost few names not getting notifications before. Had to do it anyways, but instead of GD transferred to NC for now, still easier than monitoring 10 other registrars.

•••
I couldn't agree more! Of the 50 transfers, I consolidated 17 names that were spread out between 7 different registrars. Its a good feeling having those 17 LLLL's in one safe place!

•••
Only moved in a couple from name.com. Thanks namecheap:D

•••
They might be doing good job on attracting people by the big discount, but they won't retain many if their wholesale pricing and interface/functionality is inferior.

Did you prefer the old interface to the new one on NameCheap?

•••
Did you prefer the old interface to the new one on NameCheap?

It is my first time with them, so don't know how old one looked...

•••
ah I did it last year, but missed it this time. Nice, some $200 in savings there

•••
Anymore great transfer deals out there?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back