NameSilo

Trustable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
When buying a new domain name, how can oyu tell if the seller is trustable? Or for that matter, how can you tell if the buyer is trustworthy? Is there any website or service that tells you the history of sellers/buyers? Any advice I hope? Thanks. Confused :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess you never can be 100 % sure about if the seller is trustable or not.. A tip stick to big domain sites like enom, godaddy etc ..

•••
Btw, If u buy from a ebay seller , you can check out the " Feedback rating"

Its old buyers who gives postive and negative sell stories about the seller...

•••
Yes, I know about the ebay feedback rating. But thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. And yes, I do try to stick mainly to the big domain sellers, but sometimes a smaller one gets hold of one you gotta get. In that case, you gotta make your decision...

Thanks again
No longer confused.

•••
You may also utilize the services of: www.escrow.com

... which protects both the buyers and sellers in (domain name) transactions. There is a fee for this service.
Assuming you're talking about the "secondary" marketplace ... there is no website that will qualify domain buyers/sellers, but I have had many, many smooth transactions with many of the folks here on Namepros. After a while, you will feel more comfortable with potentially doing business with them ... as you get to know them. IMHO.
Welcome to Namepros! :)

•••
Interesting. And thanks. I'll have to check out http://www.escrow.com ....... From what you tell me, I'm a bit more confident now, although only time will tell I guess ....... Thanks again ....... All of all your peoples' support has been much appreciated .... YOU ROCK!!!!!!! :!:

•••
The first step in buying a domain is to do a "whois" and see if the seller is WHOIS ;)
Good Luck!

•••
Yes, I knew about the whois... I'm not THAT pathetic... I don't think ..... Thanks though

•••
In my experience, people are generally trustworthy. If you do business with someone you meet on a board like this, you can always look up their past posts and see how they interact with others. That should tell you quite a lot about their character.

If that is not an option and you have suspicions and the domain transaction amount is significant, then I suggest using a trustworthy third party service like escrow.com

•••
Originally posted by physicaltherapy
Yes, I knew about the whois... I'm not THAT pathetic... I don't think ..... Thanks though

Don't sell yourself short...your plenty pathetic D-:

:lol:

Good Luck!

•••
Ok Jack. Thanks again. Although, I think I've gotten enough responses. I appreciate everyone who's commented though! All of your recommendations have been great and have helped me, and hopefully others. Thanks

•••
Ouch... plenty pathetic eh? Your words really hurt me. I think I have to go cry.

•••
Ouch... plenty pathetic eh? Your words really hurt me. I think I have to go cry.

Sorry Johnny I was joking :)
Good Luck!

•••
I've got just the smilie for you > :'(

:hearts:

•••
•••
Hahaha, wicked gal... I love the smiley. No hard feelings, I was joking. But still.... .... :'( ..... hehe... have fun eh?

•••
:lol: Thumbs up for you! ;)

•••
Ok, I think we've just about killed this topic? Eh? :)

•••

Killed!? :o

•••

Just having a little fun, and letting off a little steam from a very busy domain (buying/selling/development) day, PT!
It's all good. :)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Just having a little fun, and letting off a little steam from a very busy domain (buying/selling/development) day, PT!
It's all good. :)

Indeed... It is all good...

•••
•••
Hey Alexandra... If I made you laugh (
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
), care to donate something? Perhaps a few NP$? Afterall, I hear it suck when you hit 1,000... ;) :lol:

•••
I guess you could look around to see if they have any reviews.

•••
Yeah, that's work though! :lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back