Dynadot

Two breakthrough domaining tools: My parting gift to the NP community

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
NPers!

As I've alluded to several times, I never intended my domaining spree to stretch very long. With my exit from domain investment lying just around the bend, I would like to "come out of the closet" with two software tools I've been depending on for myself to pinpoint and appraise highly resellable domains in those seemingly endless drop-lists, and to offer the NP community first dibs at beta-testing these utilities gratis.

Tool #1 is domain resaleability scanner. This software takes a large list of domains (say, a TDNAM firesale list or a given day's dropping names) and picks out what it considers the most easily flippable 30-60 domains. The tool accomplishes this by scouring the web to obtain each domain's most obvious prospects and assessing, using a series of metrics, how much each obvious candidate for the domain would be likely to pay. To this day I've employed this tool for myself to locate, and within a a few days' time, flip names like JewMagazine(.)com to the owners of HeebMagazine(.)com and BowersGroup(.)com to the admin of SubGuns(.)com (a.k.a. the B'wers Group of Companies). Because of my tool's statistics, I knew as I pounded out e-mail pitches to those groups' staff members that the time I spent doing so would likely bear fruit, and it did: I pocketed $2K of revenue between the two sales.

The goal of this tool is to locate the most underrated, highest-ROI domains in drop & pre-release lists. Going back to JewMagazine(.)com and BowersGroup(.)com: I caught both at reg. fee -- after all, 99.9% of viewers manually eye-ing drop lists would probably never even consider backordering either of those names.

Tool #2 is a domain resale value appraisal utility. While Estibot often succeeds in approximating a domain's end-user value using WordTracker, Overture, and other metrics, it doesn't seek to answer such questions as:

* I see SomeDomain.com in NameJet auction. What's the maximum I can safely bid on the name knowing nothing about the keyword's corresponding industry?
* If I needed to convert SomeDomain.com into cash within the next 2 weeks, how much would I likely receive for it?

This tool strives to answer both these questions by amassing and aggregating statistics across numerous sources -- including Google, DomainTools, Estibot, Compete.com, Archive.org, and BuyDomains, among others -- to arrive at an empirical approximation of resale value. My utility analyzes not only inherent properties of the domain in question but also meta-aspects of websites corresponding to the domain's highest-probability resale prospects.

Here are some resale value appraisals arrived at by my software (still in alpha, so results are subject to change):

* DramaSquad.com - $10 (Estibot: $70)
* NewItems.com - $62 (Estibot: $37,000)
* PaperClips.com - $1150 (Estibot: $59,000)
* VegetarianFood.com - $1760 (Estibot: $28,000)
* Dangerous.com - $7380 (Estibot: $110,000)
* Vida.com - $20,800 (Estibot: $120,000)
* GlobalProducts.com - $21,800 (Estibot: $3400)
* PiggyBank.com - $56,500 (Estibot: $200,000)
* Vibrators.com - $74,900 (Estibot: $370,000)
* Veg.com - $183,800 (Estibot: $39,000)
* Chocolate.com - $1,911,000 (Estibot: $2,400,000)
* Business.com - $11,900,000 (Estibot: $15,000,000)

Both tools #1 and #2 rely on a domain liquidity analysis engine which I have completely rewritten over the past few weeks to plug information from even more data sources into its appraisal equation.

I am thinking about offering the following two services, based on these tools:
1. Exclusive access to the list of the most 30-60 "liquid" dropping/pre-release .com domains on a given day, as determined by my tool (sent to the highest bidder on a daily basis for each of 5 categories: Dropping domains, SN pre-release, NJ pre-release, TDNAM expiring domains, and TDNAM firesale).
2. Resale value appraisals, as spit out by my tool #2, @ $3 per appraisal. The reason I'd need to charge is that some of the sources my tool pings have daily query limits, and I need to create selectively to ensure I don't exceed them.

I am on the verge of seeking trustworthy volunteers from NamePros to help beta-test these tools during a 2-week period (exact dates TBD) in December. All beta testers will receive free access to usage of both these tools -- no strings attached -- except each person will be limited to receiving one liquid domains list (out of a possible 70 [= 14 days x 5 sources]) and ten appraisals. I will soon throw up a website on which users may reserve these free slots on a first-come, first-served basis.

If any questions or comments about these tools spring to mind, feel free to post them in this thread, which I am hoping to sticky in the near future [**Please do not PM me**]. If I've failed to "sell" you on these tools because they seem "too good to be true" then that's probably because I'm a programmer, not a businessman. I am, after all, here to serve, not to be served, and as such I will do my utmost to answer all questions in a timely fashion. The tools' results will speak for themselves.

Much love,
Josh

IMPORTANT: If you would like to receive priority notification when these tools become available to beta test, please shoot an e-mail to [email protected] simply containing the phrase "beta test" in the subject line. I promise to reply with nothing beyond that single alert. THE DEADLINE FOR PRIORITY NOTIFICATION SIGNUP IS 11/30 @ 11:59pm EST.

UPDATE: All beta slots have been booked. Please PM me if you would like to be placed on our waiting list.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't worry -- if you sent me an e-mail and it didn't bounce, just assume I got it and you're invited to the party :)

I didn't send confirmation e-mails because I promised in this thread that all beta testers would receive exactly one e-mail (the notification of the beta site opening) from [email protected].

There's no need to continue bumping this thread. It has served its purpose and is proverbially closed. Please PM me all questions regarding the beta tool from here-on-in.

•••
Oh shoot, did I miss out.. Emailing you Josh :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back