IT.COM

UK/EU Dedicated Server - HELP!

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi,

I am currently with RapidSwitch, who are serving me very well, never had an issue with them. However, due to the nature of the application I need to run on my server, it is reasonably old and does not have multi threading. So only runs on a single core. This is proving to be destroying a single core in todays modern CPUs as each core seems to be about 2.2-2.5ghz. Unfortunately the only high cpu speeds that RS offer are all Xeons and jump right out my budget.

I currently run a Dual Core 2.2ghz server with them with Windows server 2008 std.

I need something that will do what I need, and that is a server of which each core is at least 2.8ghz. Be is quad or dual I dont mind.

I have looked at 'RedStation' who provide the best value server for my requirements at £94/m, but I hear bad things about their connection speeds and bandwidth monitoring capabilities.

Does anyone know any good value hosts that may be able to provide something for under £90/m that has 3gb Ram, processor as above, with Windows 2008. HDD space is not a requirement, 80gb would do.

I will also consider EU hosts. I looked at Leaseweb, 61euros build would do me fine, but I always get weary of these cheap hosts as it usually means I will be racked up with seeders or something (like ovh).

If anyone can supply me something, let me know, this is a pretty urgent requirement as my lack of individual CPU speed is putting pressure on the service I am supplying.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I will stay away from OVH, don't worry.

As for Leaseweb + Hetzner, I do hear similar things about them (a lot of their resellers used to/do sell servers for seeding). I also hear the customer support is awful, and you get hit with insane charges for everything. I accept a charge but I hear stories of £30/15mins for a manual os reinstall.

I was wondering if there are any 'not-bargain' but reasonable hosts on par with Rapidswitch that may have different CPU's available. I see RedStation as a potential, but dont know of anyone who uses them.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back