NameSilo

discuss Unetical business practises

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

djum

Top Member
Impact
For the time been at this forum I've noticed that most forum member are being honest and trustful.
But not everyone. What do you think, when you see some sellers trying to pump the auction by posting information that is not true, such as:

1. Posting not liquid domains into liquid category
2. Stating that some domain group was bought out, when it's still available for regfee.
3. Stating that the domain is Chinese premium, when it has letter V in it.
4. Stating that they received higher offer that they really had.
5. Saying that the floor price is one number, and at the same time selling their own domains cheaper than that

What do you think about this, is it acceptable or not?
What actions can we take, to prevent this violations, especially when this shady lies posted in sale threads and people who've been caught lying trying to delete your posts ASAP?
May be we should have a special thread to report links to all bullshit auctions or something?

Share your opinion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You LLNN'S him LLLL.nets imo sounds like you guys are about even:)
disclaimer: I do not own either type of domain and I know very little about them and their market.

People need to believe in their own investments not make believe.

See what I did there? "make believe" :)

•••
Edit:)

Last edited:
•••
while i often disagree with @djum on some market prospects i honestly dont see where he crossed the line to call him "the biggest huckster of regfee crap"...

•••
A member has this on his profile page. I thought no way that can be true, What do you think? If Rick Schwartz found out he'd sue the crap out of them.
Screenshot_2015-12-02-01-25-37-1.jpg

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.

Last edited:
•••
A member has this on his profile page. I thought no way that can be true, What do you think? If Rick Schwartz found out he'd sue the crap out of them.Show attachment 20095

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.
Well does anybody know if it's true?

•••
BananaCarpetEggs.biz is one of the best non-liquid, non-bought-out names I've seen come across NP in awhile. And... it's actually available. Probably only because it's not a Chinese CHIP.

When the banana name buyout happens, most of you will be sitting around all like "ya, it's a bubble. no one could ever use that many banana names." And then, bam, it happens. People move to the next logical thing: the banana carpet names and the banana carpet buyout is quickly moving... This 4L premium add-on gem, this visionary banana name will be one of the first to go.

That's right, mark my words: When the banana carpet name buyout happens, you're all gonna be sorry you missed this one.

;)
Here's the good thread to discuss bananas info:

•••
We are not anonymous here of course, but we can all expect a bit of privacy. I don't think it's right to post real names in this thread. It is an invitation to stalking and bullying.
OK ?

•••
•••
•••
Its a shame this thread got derailed because the OP warrants merit and a decent discussion was shaping up
on that topic i think
2. Stating that some domain group was bought out, when it's still available for regfee.
is becoming a problem and a lot of misinformation is being spread and if a sale is based on this misinformation,then thats not cool.Without digging very hard youl find titles like this-
LLLL.org Buyout Done, Market Value Increase
and also mods,no less,selling cvcv.orgs while stating they are sold out

Both of these statements are false,i also seen this in various other threads.I notice 21x20 has had to correct some sellers claiming their numeric were palindromes when they clearly were not.
I understand if the seller/poster truly believes the info is legit,then its different,but buyers should be made aware the info presented to them is potentially factually incorrect,and do due diligence as already spoken about.

•••
cant believe i killed this thread trying to be all righteous n shxt.
Sorry folks ,lets get back to the bickering?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back