Dynadot

Verisign Responds To ICANN's Advisory Over SiteFinder Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
ICANN to Verisign
Recognizing the concerns about the wildcard service, ICANN has called upon VeriSign to voluntarily suspend the service until the various reviews now underway are completed.

Verisign's response
As to your call for us to suspend the service, I would respectfully suggest that it would be premature to decide on any course of action until we first have had an opportunity to collect and review the available data.

Full letter to ICANN from Verisign
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/lewis-to-twomey-21sep03.htm

This could turn out to be a showdown. Who's coming out on top?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Verislime's response is just a nice way of saying *uck Off! Bastards!

•••
Sounds like a politician writes for VS.

ST

•••
BTW, "collect and review the available data" -- what's that supposed to mean?

"Let us finish counting how much money we're making off this, then we'll tell you where you can stick it!"

•••
"collect and review the available data" Translates to:

"There is not a hope in hell of us pulling the Plug, we are verisign and will do what ever we want"

•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
"collect and review the available data" Translates to:

"There is not a hope in hell of us pulling the Plug, we are verisign and will do what ever we want"

That might not be far from the truth. The new article on ICANNwatch implies ICANN can't do much to stop them..

http://new.icannwatch.org/articles/03/09/24/226215.shtml

Let's hope the netster or godaddy lawsuit is successful.

•••
As to your call for us to suspend the service, I would respectfully suggest that it would be premature to decide on any course of action until we first have had an opportunity to collect and review the available data.
- You people continue to let us review and collect data and of cause in the meanwhile let us earn more traffic money since no one can stop us..muwhahahahah !!!

That might not be far from the truth. The new article on ICANNwatch implies ICANN can't do much to stop them..

There might be a possibility VeriSlime tuck some slimy money to ICANN. Who in the world can stop both of them.

•••
One million dollars a day - who can blame VeriSlime for trying to delay in any way they can?

•••
Originally posted by DotComster
One million dollars a day - who can blame VeriSlime for trying to delay in any way they can?
They should give ALL of it to charity, would be nice to know that we're feeding the hungry with every typo we make.

•••
Alternative root servers are starting to look better by the minute.

•••
There are patches available to stop being sent to verisign u know :)

•••
Originally posted by DotComster

Where did you get the million dollars/day figure? Curious as I was trying to estimate their revenue from this.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Where did you get the million dollars/day figure? Curious as I was trying to estimate their revenue from this.

Heard it on my own forum - but I think it is Very underestimated. Each and every PendingDelete domain (com net) is pointing there as are all the expiredes - let alone the none registered and typos.

If they watch their own stats they can (and will) also register the highest type in domains.

•••
The number I heard was around 130-150 million per year is estimated.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back