NameSilo

VERISIGN SELLS Network Solutions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dear Valued Network Solutions(r) Partner,

Today VeriSign, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell Network Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of VeriSign, to a new entity formed by Pivotal Private Equity. Pivotal Private Equity is a private investment company providing equity for middle market corporate acquisitions. This agreement is subject to standard regulatory approvals, which we expect to be completed within approximately three to six weeks.

Please be assured that Network Solutions continues to be committed to providing superior products and customer service to our wholesale partners.

You have seen evidence of this commitment in the numerous enhancements we have introduced over the last 18 months, and today's announcement has no impact on the service you receive from us. Network Solutions will continue as the industry's largest, ICANN accredited domain name service provider, with over 8 million domain names under management.

To view the press release issued by VeriSign about this sale and to get additional information, go to http://www.verisign.com/corporate/news/index.html

Thank you for choosing Network Solutions.

Sincerely,

Network Solutions Partner Program

The new owners:
http://www.pivotalgroup.com/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
...today's announcement has no impact on the service you receive from us...

Now that is what I call a hopeless situation.

•••
•••
Re: VERISIGN SELLS Network Solutions

Originally posted by timechange.com
Please be assured that Network Solutions continues to be committed to providing superior products and customer service to our wholesale partners.

For now D-:

TheWatcher

•••
It's the news we've all been expecting! But I wasn't expecting it to be sold to a real estate and hotel investment company.

:-/

Going to be an interesting transistion I'm sure! Where does this leave SiteFinder. Verisign already claimed it was not a registry level service, so... :? Was Versign honest about the problems NetSol faces, or will there be an eventual lawsuit?

•••
•••
They bought one large headache.

•••
"Please be assured that Network Solutions continues to be committed to providing superior products and customer service to our wholesale partners."

Who came up with this groundbreaking idea?

Oh, and the 8 million registered domain names they brag about could have been 24 million if they weren't so stupid.

Please!

•••
I stopped using network solution for my domain name registration a few years ago. Guess they will never learn :(

•••
Originally posted by jj2ii3344
I stopped using network solution for my domain name registration a few years ago. Guess they will never learn :(

Actually, they did learn. To the tune of about $20.9 billion!

•••
One hell of a lesson learned!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back