IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Donny

i c that the zero click and banner enable feature is active now

can u explain what zero click is and the advantages if any over say 2 click?

also what is the enable option for banner ads? my is disabled but banners are showing up.

thx

•••
Donny,

How have the initial results of the banner implementation across the board been? I'm particularly interested to know if it's had a positive revenue and CTR affect on 2-Click landers.

Thanks,

-K

•••
Hi Donny,

I saw a article about "Google’s new domain parking client identification program" and it says this will hardly effect to domain parking revenue.I would like to know more details about this update and is your company also following these guidelines.
Most of domain parking peoples are saying Domain parking revenue and CTR has reduced from last week.

•••
KwelX - I don't have any numbers since we have launched because we have been working on so many other things right now. I know during out initial tests we saw a small increase in revenue around 1.5% with the banners on vs the banners being off.

ndu - Yes, we implemented Google's new system last week. Which included us adding the banner system as well. Where are you seeing that people are saying their domain revenue has been reduced? What we have seen as with any change in technology things are different, we have seen some go up and some go down.

Donny

•••
•••
•••
Hi Donny ,

Can we know more details about google new update.

I have parked more than 20 clean domains with you.My earnings are also reduced from last week.I have only visitors with 0 clicks.But this is uncommon thing.i contacted you about this.you said there is no issue.But everyday i have visitors only.all this happened from last week.My domains are registered under private registration.Is this can cause to that issue.

I also have an account with sedo.but revenue is too low.i want to move my those domains to my voodoo accounts.
Please donny help me to fixed my issue.

•••
Hi Guys,

I'm brand new to this domain world, and thought I would give parking a shot to see if I can make a little residual income and learn something new to boot

I've done what I guess many many others have done (maybe this method is dead now?)- which Is take a high traffic site and generate typo

I've heard good things about 2 companies in particular, so I submitted one new purchase to Voodoo to test out, in my traffic stats on my cpanel in 15 hours or so it was hosted, I noticed 35 or so visits . I uploaded to Voodoo and have noticed a total of 9 visits within 24hr. Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
•••
I've heard good things about 2 companies in particular, so I submitted one new purchase to Voodoo to test out, in my traffic stats on my cpanel in 15 hours or so it was hosted, I noticed 35 or so clicks . I uploaded to Voodoo and have noticed a total of 9 clicks within 24hr. Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks in advance

sorry I have to disappoint you but it seems your traffic is not natural.:( There are absolutely no Typos existing with 35 clicks in 15 hours.

•••
Another one for example - I attached an Image of below- this was purchased and placed on my hosting for ~24 hours whilst waiting for transfer to voodoo nameservers, and picked up 21 visits (actually it was on error 501 for about 5 hours anyway so counter didn't show some visits.) On Voodoo it is showing 3 visit in 24 hours, I just wondered why that was?

sorry I have to disappoint you but it seems your traffic is not natural. There are absolutely no Typos existing with 35 clicks in 15 hours.

In this case it is a .cm tld of a site within Alexa top 500. quantcast shows approx 100k uniques per day on original name , I certainly haven't sent any 'unnatural' traffic to the domains I've put up, I haven't even visited sites aside from in the preview :)

I thought 35 visitors a day, was absolutely peanuts in this game? :|

I did a quick search on some typos and got stats from cubestat

youtub Daily Pageviews: 7,299
fcebook Daily Pageviews 6,747
yuoutube Daily Pageviews: 33,582
twtter Daily pageviews 3,949
downlaod Daily Pageviews 3,064

some example of better typos I brought (not the one in question) would be like: "facebookl" / "facebool" with a slipped key or extra slipped key

The traffic stats on a few sample typos- original domain - approx 3/6/9 million unique per day . Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if 0.001 % of 3/6/9 million entered this typo (I think that's reasonable to say) shouldn't I expect ~30/60/90 visitors a day?

Appreciate any advice

Attachments

• 1111111111111111111111.jpg
    1111111111111111111111.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
•••
sorry I have to disappoint you but it seems your traffic is not natural. There are absolutely no Typos existing with 35 clicks in 15 hours.

oops, I meant to write visitors, not clicks :blink:

I was just confused about the number of visitors, shouldn't we expect a higher number of actual visits from typos of high traffic site.. (regardless of CTR?)

Last edited:
•••
But typo like those are not trade mark violation?

•••
This new update from our upstream provider makes a lot of changes to how our system works. From a surfer standpoint, it changes the technology from using javascript to using an iframe. We will also have new ad formats including banners which we have already implemented, with additional features to come in the future.

Donny

•••
Donny, when should i expect revenue payment, is it 30 days after the end of month?

•••
Yes, net30 is usually 30 days after the month is over. :)

Donny

•••
hi,donny
thank you very much.

Last edited:
•••
What would you say about click-rate, it is better than Sedo?

•••
What would you say about click-rate, it is better than Sedo?

I heard that practically anything was better than sedo..

I have been doing this for total 5 days. here is my stats on Voodoo with 10 domains so far

Attachments

• vooodoo.png
    vooodoo.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 84
•••
It's always important to compare your traffic to others who have similar traffic. I have accounts that get hundreds of hits a day and no clicks, but I know they never get any clicks. But then I have others that get 40% CTR. It all depends on your domains and your traffic.

Donny

•••
Thanks Vodoo for another big monthly check today!!

Donny- you are my sugar Daddy!!

•••
Received the payment for Feb earnings.

Thank you Donny and Voodoo

•••
•••
•••
What you mean about too late?

I had submitted my tax info on Monday and I was told it was too late so I thought it was too late because the payments went out already but I guess it was just to late to submit the info.

Never mind.

•••
I had submitted my tax info on Monday and I was told it was too late so I thought it was too late because the payments went out already but I guess it was just to late to submit the info.

Never mind.
Yes .Nett 30 days are today so paid today.
May be you are late to submit tax info as most of the parking company system takes the payment information may be around 25 of the month something like that.
you have to wait for next cycle or may be Donny can help you get the payment before next cycle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back